The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tampa Bay @ Montreal | Jan. 3 2008 | Final: 6-3 Habs

FlHabsFan

Guest FlHabsFan
Tampa last 10 games: 2-7-1, and tampa on the road: 3-13-2

We should be allright if we play good at 5 on 5 :)

And we are 3-0 against Florida based teams when I do the gdt! Its a lock!! :P

Guest FlHabsFan
Tampa are going to want revenge for last week and they are due to break their losing streak. We always seem to come out flat after any kind of layoff. I want to believe we'll win this one, but I don't think we will.

Yeah. But look at how well we did last week after a similar layoff. Lets just hope the home game demons have been exorcised

Guest WindsorHab#10
They're one of the worst teams in the league now with a coach who never gives them any credit, this SHOULD be easy if even half of our team shows up. I'd say the game is more or less up to komi and markov shutting down a certain quebecois player ;)

Worst team or not, Tampa plays their best in Montreal. We must be ready for them.

Guest WindsorHab#10
This is not going to be an easy game! The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to have a huge desire to win especially after coming so close and Montreal just came back from a long road trip.

It will need a team effort to be successful! Good skating, solid defense and a present offense!

GO HABS GO! I know you can do it!

Coming so close to what? We beat them 5-2(should've been 5-0) in Tampa. Our road trip ended 3+ days ago. No excuses, just go out there and show them who's boss.

Guest habsgal

I hate it when slumping teams come into our building with two of today's best french Canadian boys in the opposition's jersey. The last change is huge as whoever has the assignment of shutting down that line must be up to the task. We should be prepared and come right at them from the get-go. But I agree with JL - Huet must out duel whoever he's facing. I predict a 5-2 win with Higgy potting two. God I love that guy. :D

Guest den0923
Tampa are going to want revenge for last week and they are due to break their losing streak. We always seem to come out flat after any kind of layoff. I want to believe we'll win this one, but I don't think we will.

I understand that Tampa is not doing well and their backs are against tha wall. They will come out hard. But as a true hab fan I still believe we will win because we have a better team. Of course anything can happen, but we need to stay positive. Imagine if the players had that negativity.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!
Coming so close to what? We beat them 5-2(should've been 5-0) in Tampa. Our road trip ended 3+ days ago. No excuses, just go out there and show them who's boss.

Coming so close to winning against Toronto (Lost in a shootout) and it doesn't matter when the trip ended, look at Calgary, thats all TSN was talking about when they got back from their 6 game road trip, that the team usually falls flat in their first game back (they lost, Toronto lost 6-1 etc.)

Guest MTLHabs
Coming so close to winning against Toronto (Lost in a shootout) and it doesn't matter when the trip ended, look at Calgary, thats all TSN was talking about when they got back from their 6 game road trip, that the team usually falls flat in their first game back (they lost, Toronto lost 6-1 etc.)

yeah but we're the habs...

Guest JIMVINNY
My plan for tonight would be to keep Lecavalier, Richards and St-Louis off the scoresheet (or at least minimize the damage from those three) and you have a good chance at a W.

I imagine that would be the game plan for any team playing the lightning. We just have to hope that the boys can actually execute it.

Guest HabSteve

We're due for one of those big Komi hits

and a win at home

Hopeflly they remember what Brad Richards did to them the last time Tampa Bay was in Montreal..

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

I imagine that would be the game plan for any team playing the lightning. We just have to hope that the boys can actually execute it.

Indeed. We kept them off the scoresheet for 2 straight games 5 on 5 and got 3 of a possible 4 points out of it. So far so good.

They proved that they can already so unless the sky falls, they have no excuse not to ;)

I want Huet to rebound and show the Roger Crozier Huet form that we all know and love.
He usually rebounds after a so-so performance so it's a good thing that he had his so-so performance against only 21 shots, he'll be top shape tonight to face the 35+ that he'll get :)

He usually rebounds after a so-so performance so it's a good thing that he had his so-so performance against only 21 shots, he'll be top shape tonight to face the 35+ that he'll get :)

I hope you're right. Tampa is going to play desperate hockey tonight. They've lost five in a row and they will want badly to win this one. We have to show them we want it more and then execute at that level.

Star players aside, Tampa is not a very good team this year, so these are two points we should be able to lock up with if we work hard, play disciplined hockey, and bury our scoring chances. Now let's see if the boys can make it happen.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!
I hope you're right. Tampa is going to play desperate hockey tonight. They've lost five in a row and they will want badly to win this one. We have to show them we want it more and then execute at that level.

Star players aside, Tampa is not a very good team this year, so these are two points we should be able to lock up with if we work hard, play disciplined hockey, and bury our scoring chances. Now let's see if the boys can make it happen.

If Montreal is ready for it, they can capitilize on the desperate play of Tampa. They are going to be overpushing it (bad d-man pinches etc) and if Montreal reacts and turns it around to transition offense, we are going to have success.

BUT, if we lay back and let Tampa play desperately and run all over us, then it can be a different story.

I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT HABS GO GO GO!!!

Guest - Tonio -

Im not too worried about this one. If you watch T-bay they have NO defence and are probably the worst line changing team in the league. They give up oodles and oodles of odd man rushes. Using the Toronto game on tuesday and the last time we played em as examples.

Im not too worried about this one. If you watch T-bay they have NO defence and are probably the worst line changing team in the league. They give up oodles and oodles of odd man rushes. Using the Toronto game on tuesday and the last time we played em as examples.

The problem is that there is also the example of their last visit at the Bell. They were as bad then and we all know how it ended.

This being said, I'm confident for tonight, that's my job as a fan :D I just hope that the guys will not try to overdo it and play smart and hard hockey for 60 minutes, I know they can. I dont want to hear a thing about 65 minutes :lol:

Archived