Position: RW

Height: 5-11

Weight: 185

Shoots: Right

Birthdate: 1986-02-09 Age: 21

Birthplace: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Undrafted, AHL free agent

Contract:

2007-08: Signed with Hamilton (NHL status - UFA)

2008-09: Hamilton Team Option (NHL status - UFA)

Guest BadBrains
I would have thought that hamilton would have called him up to help them out as they're struggling this season. Oh well.

I think he'll get a shot in Hamilton this year. He had 5 points last game including a hat-trick.

Not much more he can do offensively to get his chance.

Guest 1970 Habs
I would have thought that hamilton would have called him up to help them out as they're struggling this season. Oh well.

Where have you been lately. :blink:

The Bulldogs are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games and are back in the play off hunt. :)

Guest overlords
Where have you been lately. :blink:

The Bulldogs are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games and are back in the play off hunt. :)

Overall they still haven't been that great overall this season, it's understandable considering we've sucked their roster dry.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest overlords
21st in ECHL scoring overall in his rookie year. They should have him in Hamilton, he could really help a team that can't score.

rookie year? Isn't he an overage player?

Guest Khadgar

He was an overage player last year in the QMJHL(junior). This year is his rookie year in the ECHL(professional).

I've heard great things about him, beats me why he hasn't been called up.

could be quite a few reasons, but if a spot opens up...i dont see why not.

still, that could be a big IF

Guest 1970 Habs

He was passed by in the NHL drafts hence he is an NHL UFA.

could be quite a few reasons, but if a spot opens up...i dont see why not.

still, that could be a big IF

His contract is with Hamilton, not Montreal. He could be signed by any NHL team at anytime as his status with the NHL is UFA.

Montreal probably does not want to take a roster spot from one of their prospects in Hamilton.

However if they can decide to sign him to an entry level contract you may see him in Hamilton next year.

• 6 months later...

Position: RW

Height: 5-11

Weight: 188

Shoots: Right

Birthdate: 1986-02-09 Age: 22

Birthplace: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Undrafted, AHL free agent

Contract

2008-09: Signed with Hamilton (NHL status - UFA)

Couldn't find the old Thomas Beauregard thread. If it exists, merge this with the old one.

Good article here. The kid seems to have the right attitude.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=37939...mp;service=page

Looking at the Bulldogs roster for this coming season it looks as though he will have a very good shot at a full time job there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's been promoted to the Hamilton Bulldogs, thread title says Cincinati on the topics page, needs to be updated :P

Congrats Thomas !

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/thomas...from-cincinnati

Hamilton, ON - Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Julien BriseBois announced today that forward Thomas Beauregard has been recalled from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL to the Hamilton Bulldogs. The club also announced that defenceman Frederic St-Denis has been returned to the Cyclones.

Beauregard, a 22-year-old native of Montreal, Quebec has played in 25 games for the Cyclones and currently ranks second on the team in points with 28 (15 goals, 13 assists). In 2007-2008, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound right wing played in 59 games for Cincinnati recording 65 points (31 goals, 34 assists). Beauregard also won a Kelly Cup with the Cyclones last year after playing in 19 post-season games and registering 16 points (nine goals, seven assists).

St-Denis, a 22-year-old native of Greenfield Park, Quebec played in Sunday's 2-1 win over the Toronto Marlies, recording no points and one shot on goal. In four games with Hamilton this season, St-Denis has posted one assist. He has earned six assists in 10 games with Cincinnati this season. The 5-foot-11, 190-pound blueliner spent last season with the University of Quebec Trois Rivieres where he earned 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) in 28 games.

The Hamilton Bulldogs travel to Manchester for a match-up on Friday, December 19th at 7:30 p.m. before traveling to Hartford to battle the Wolf Pack on Saturday, December 20th for a 7:00 p.m. game. Fans can listen to every 'Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'AHL Live' or 'TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website. All regular-season radio and online broadcasts will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to each scheduled game-time.

He's been promoted to the Hamilton Bulldogs, thread title says Cincinati on the topics page, needs to be updated :P

Congrats Thomas !

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/thomas...from-cincinnati

Hamilton, ON - Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Julien BriseBois announced today that forward Thomas Beauregard has been recalled from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL to the Hamilton Bulldogs. The club also announced that defenceman Frederic St-Denis has been returned to the Cyclones.

Beauregard, a 22-year-old native of Montreal, Quebec has played in 25 games for the Cyclones and currently ranks second on the team in points with 28 (15 goals, 13 assists). In 2007-2008, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound right wing played in 59 games for Cincinnati recording 65 points (31 goals, 34 assists). Beauregard also won a Kelly Cup with the Cyclones last year after playing in 19 post-season games and registering 16 points (nine goals, seven assists).

The Hamilton Bulldogs travel to Manchester for a match-up on Friday, December 19th at 7:30 p.m. before traveling to Hartford to battle the Wolf Pack on Saturday, December 20th for a 7:00 p.m. game. Fans can listen to every 'Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'AHL Live' or 'TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website. All regular-season radio and online broadcasts will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to each scheduled game-time.

I posted this on November 9,2007 . . . I have liked the guy as a goal scorer since he was at the 2007 training camp and had 2 assists in 2 preseason games. I think he wasn't drafted because he was injured and played a fifth year in junior ( i think )

In my search for trades I was left with some lingering questions this week that I was not able to find the answers to. I am by no means suggesting that Thomas Beauregurd is at the same level as all of the four below . . .I do question , why? is he not, at the very least in Hamilton.

I don’t think a week has gone by without a post suggesting Lecavalier in a trade. Vinny jumped from the QMJHL in 97/98 with 44 goals –59 a’s total 103 points. direct to the NHL in 98/99 .

How many pages of disappointment did we have with Briere. Daniel jumped from the QMJHL in 96/97 with 67 goals- 96a’s total 163 points direct to NHL / AHL 97/98

Pat Kane jumped from the OHL 06/07 with 62 goals - 83a’s total points 145 direct to the NHL 07/08

Jonathan Toews Jumped from the WCHA 06/07 with 18 goals – 28 a’s total points 46 direct to the NHL 07/08.

The point I’m trying to make is, do we have our own superstar in Thomas Beauregurd

QMJHL in 06/07 with 71 goals – 53 a’s total 124 points?. Presently with the Cincinnati Cyclones and played 9 games, has 6 goals – 4a’s total 10 points and a +5 and is still not good enough to make our Hamilton team?????. WoW !!!!

Is he waiting for a spot at the AHL level, and being held down because we are not using our assets to improve the Habs, and open the doors for prospects to move up. When I read posts that suggest we are giving up too much in the “If I were GM “ suggested trades. I have to question, how can it be too much if you receive exactly what you need to improve the parent team. It’s been awhile, but when I last checked we had 22 defensemen in our total system from trades and drafts. In what year do you think we would be less of a team if we traded three???.

Thomas Beauregurd partial Bio;

2006-07 Season: Played in 69 games in his fifth, and final, season with Acadie-Bathurst in the QMJHL...Amassed 124 points on a league-best 71 goals and 53 assists...The 71 goals were 17 more than the next closest goal scorer...Led QMJHL in shots (382), ranked second in power play goals (26), game winning goals (nine) and shooting percentage (18.6%)...Sixth in shorthanded goals (five) and was eighth in plus/minus at +29...First-Team All-QMJHL selection...Set club career goal record with his 102nd tally on Oct. 27...Recorded five hat tricks during the season...Twenty multiple goal games...Nineteen game point scoring streak (23-20-43) from Nov. 29 through Jan. 27...Forty multiple point games, including two five-point efforts, four four-point games and twelve three-point contests...Stretch from Sept. 30 through Nov. 25 that saw him register multiple points in 18 of 21 games (29-16-45)...Holds Titan’s record for goals in a career (154), which shattered the previous mark of 101...Hit the 50 goal mark for the season in just the 39th game on Dec. 29...Twice selected QMJHL ‘Player of the Week’...Named ‘Player of the Month’ in December, registering 14 goals and ten assists for 24 points in ten games..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately the luck didn't last long for Thomas, as he tore his ACL last week and will be lost for the rest of the season.

Sources indicate the surgery went well and that he will now begin his rehab with the goal of being ready for training camp in August.

Get better Tommy Boy. We're rootin' for ya.

Archived