Alex Kovalev: 19 goals 22 assists 41 points
Tomas Plekanec: 14 goals 24 assists 38 points
Saku Koive: 8 goals 25 assists 33 points

Point Leaders for the Islanders

Mike Comrie: 13 goals 20 assists 33 points
Bill Guerin: 15 goals 8 assists 23 points
Miroslav Satan: 10 goals 13 assists 23 points

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Hopefully the guys have woken up and wont sleepwalk through another game!

Since we didn’t have a post up yet, I grabbed Volcan63's from the French section. What happened to all our game day thread posters?

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Oh baby is this an important game. We have to stop this losing streak before it gets to too many games.

We have 3 points on the Islanders and just one of the Flyers so the two points tonight are an absolute must!

Play hard, play smart and play with energy tonight boys!

GO HABS GO!

Guest FlHabsFan

I kinda wish we had lost the other night by a score of 8-1. Light a fire under the guys butts to make them realize that they need to fight for every point this season. Its crunch time, folks. The points are too close to assume anything at this point. We are a losing streak away from missing the playoffs again.

Guest CanadianMike

GO HABS GO!!! I can't stand the Isles (except DiPietro). All I want is the 2 points. If Higgy, Komi & Huet have a great game, it'll be a bonus.

Let's do this boys.

Komi please flatten Trent Hunter for me. :P

19796178131if5.jpg

VS.

imagesvn0.jpg

Tuesday January 15th 2008 in the Nassau Colliseum, Long Island New York

nassaucoliseumhf6.jpg

Starting Goalies

Cristobal Huet

huet041806pg1.jpg

13W 7lL5OTL 1SO 92.2% SVP

Rick DiPetro

dipietro411791ad3.jpg

17W 14L 5OTL 2SO 91.1% SVP

Point Leaders for Montreal

Alex Kovalev: 19 goals 22 assists 41 points

Tomas Plekanec: 14 goals 24 assists 38 points

Saku Koive: 8 goals 25 assists 33 points

Point Leaders for the Islanders

Mike Comrie: 13 goals 20 assists 33 points

Bill Guerin: 15 goals 8 assists 23 points

Miroslav Satan: 10 goals 13 assists 23 points

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Hopefully the guys have woken up and wont sleepwalk through another game!

Since we didn’t have a post up yet, I grabbed Volcan63's from the French section. What happened to all our game day thread posters?

people have lost interest in doing the threads for some reason, i like it when their is a schedule for each month of who will do them but looks like the interest isnt there anymore

Guest FlHabsFan

Thats too bad. I enjoy doing them, but am not all that familiar with all the teams.

Ah well, im 4 or 5 and 0 when doing the game threads. But thats against Florida based teams. Maybe my luck will carry over to NY as well :P

Guest CanadianMike
I was hoping halak would be in net, he deserves it after all.

I also wanted Halak to start after that game Huet had. What can we do? All I want now is Huet to bounce back (and I have to forget about seeing Halak play for now...I guess).

Guest FlHabsFan

Huet is being given his chance this month. Saturday's loss is as much a result of the 18 guys in front of him as it was his. So I wouldnt call it a bad game by him. But tonight is his chance to take control

Guest jennifer_rocket

Weeping made a good comment in the Huet thread about this being Huet's opportunity to really show the team and the league that he's a clear #1. If he fumbles this month away, bad on him. It seems a lot of people are also mirroring those comments. Huet has his chance, time to take advantage!

Go Team Go!

Huet is being given his chance this month. Saturday's loss is as much a result of the 18 guys in front of him as it was his. So I wouldnt call it a bad game by him. But tonight is his chance to take control

i'd rather the whole team take control not just huet.

i expect the sixty-minute, fast out of the gate, defensively responsible, smart playing and disciplined team to show up tonight and take control!

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB

DiPietro a rock for Isles

Higgins, Komisarek look forward to shots at Isles training mate

PAT HICKEY, The Gazette

Published: Tuesday, January 15, 2008

There are two points on the line tonight when the Canadiens visit the New York Islanders (7 p.m., RDS, CJAD Radio-800), but there are also some bragging rights up for grabs.

ARTICLE TOOLS

Printer friendly

Font: ****

Long Island natives Christopher Higgins and Mike Komisarek spend their summers here and work out regularly with Islanders goaltender Rick DiPietro.

"Higgy seems to have his number," Komisarek said of the friendly rivalry, noting that Higgins scored the winning goal when the Canadiens beat the Islanders, 4-1 here in their only previous meeting this season on Nov. 21.

"It's pretty sweet to come back here in the summers and have that over him," Komisarek said after a practice at the Islanders IceWorks, the complex in nearby Syosset where he and Higgins work out during the summer. "Ricky's a pretty confident guy and he can be pretty loud, so it's nice to get those bragging rights."

And while Higgins jokingly said DiPietro has a "big enough mouth that you can't miss him," he expects a tough game against the surging Isles, who are coming off a 3-1 win Sunday in Ottawa.

"Ricky keeps them in every game," Higgins said. "We have to play a better game than we did Saturday against the Rangers

(a 4-1 loss). We didn't play well in New York and we know we have to get back on track."

Higgins has scored only three goals in his last 16 games, but he said he's not overly concerned.

"I think my role's changed a bit playing with (Maxim) Lapierre and (Michael) Ryder."

"It's not so much about scoring goals as it is playing well defensively. Ryder's stepped up his defensive game lately and Lappy's a good defensive player. We've been shutting down the (other teams') top lines, but we would like to chip in a little more on

offence," said Higgins, who is plus-7 for the season and plus-5 in his last 16 games. "I pride myself that I can play a lot of different roles and I'm comfortable with this one."

Higgins said there was a positive lesson to learn from the loss to the Rangers.

"Every once in a while, a game like that comes along to wake you up," he said. "We weren't skating, we were a step behind, we were being outmuscled to the pucks. We don't have the talent on this team to win unless we're working hard."

While Higgins and Komisarek enjoy playing in front of family and friends, it can have its drawbacks.

"The first couple of times I played here, I had trouble handling the distractions, but I've adjusted," Komisarek said. "I come from a close family and it's nice to have a home-cooked meal, but you have to remember it's a business."

And then there's a matter of tickets. Komisarek said he deals with "dozens and dozens of requests," while Higgins has to find 30 tickets for the games in New York and Long Island.

"My mom helps out, but I'm playing for free these games, for the love of the game," Higgins said.

Head coach Guy Carbonneau doesn't plan any lineup changes, which means Cristobal Huet starts in goal for the 10th time in the last 12 games.

The one question mark is defenceman Patrice Brisebois, who took a shot off the foot in New York. He had a full practice yesterday, but was limping as he left the practice facility.

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/montre...25-2c43161cfc39

Guest HabSteve

According to Francois Gagnon, Brisebois is out (he took a puck off the foot last game) and Kostopoulos is back in on the 4th line with Smolinski and Dandenault. Streit will go back to D.

Guest FlHabsFan

Good! While he may not win many fights, at least he plays the role of enforcer. We saw what happened when he sat out against the bruins. We won, but the bruins were beating our guys up

According to Francois Gagnon, Brisebois is out (he took a puck off the foot last game) and Kostopoulos is back in on the 4th line with Smolinski and Dandenault. Streit will go back to D.

I personally would prefer to see Dandy on the 2nd pairing with Hamerlik and see Streit stay on the 4thline. But what can you do ;) good to hear Kostoplous is back in the fold.

Archived