The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

The Kostitsyn Brothers

WTA

Guest devils_fury2

I know this has been talked about briefly, but after picking up the latest hockey news today and seeing a pretty cool write up about the Sedins I want to know how our European brother combination, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, how they stack up or will stack up in the future against the likes of Henrik and Daniel Sedin and if you guys think Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn will be just as good if not better then the Sedins given more ice time together in the near future.....

I myself seeing how much chemistry these two have, how well they pass to one another and how much offense they can generate in the limited amount of time these two are on the ice together (which is usually once in a while on the power play) I see these two in the near future (if they can be not only on the power play together but on the teams top line together with maybe a Koivu, Plekanek, or even a Kovalev) I can see these two for sure being just as good as the Sedins

Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn are becoming my favourite players on the Habs not only because of their skill but also for their feistiness and willingness to do what ever it takes to make a pass, score a goal and help the team win, you guys are awesome

Guest 77Bourque77
I know this has been talked about briefly, but after picking up the latest hockey news today and seeing a pretty cool write up about the Sedins I want to know how our European brother combination, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, how they stack up or will stack up in the future against the likes of Henrik and Daniel Sedin and if you guys think Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn will be just as good if not better then the Sedins given more ice time together in the near future.....

I myself seeing how much chemistry these two have, how well they pass to one another and how much offense they can generate in the limited amount of time these two are on the ice together (which is usually once in a while on the power play) I see these two in the near future (if they can be not only on the power play together but on the teams top line together with maybe a Koivu, Plekanek, or even a Kovalev) I can see these two for sure being just as good as the Sedins

Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn are becoming my favourite players on the Habs not only because of their skill but also for their feistiness and willingness to do what ever it takes to make a pass, score a goal and help the team win, you guys are awesome

man oh man I keep telling everyone I know that same story! I love these guys and they bring so much to the table. I think these two can be even better then sedin twins when their time comes, and i can't wait to see them on a line (full time) with eachother!

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

Nice thread, and yes, I believe they'll be better then the Sedins. It was great seeing them score that powerplay goal the other night against Boston. They are both very skilled young players that will develop into great players. I'm really excited that we drafted them and I can't wait to see what they do in the near future. I also feel that eventually they will be paired together, I'm guessing the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because Andrei is part of the Kovalev line that can do no wrong this year, but give it time and we'll see them tearing it up out there as a unit.

i'm just thankful there's a thread to talk about them both simultaneously as i love them both equally for different reasons!

it's so much fun to watch them when carbo puts them on the ice together. i don't know enough about the sedins, other than they're great, to make comparisons to but i do know that the kostitsyns are all flash in very different ways.

Guest arpem_can

what we haven't really seen so far is how well Sergei can shoot the puck...i watched him for two years in London here where he played the point on the power play with Gagner and Kane ...believe me you have'nt even seen his shot yet ...accurate and a bullet

Guest devils_fury2
what we haven't really seen so far is how well Sergei can shoot the puck...i watched him for two years in London here where he played the point on the power play with Gagner and Kane ...believe me you have'nt even seen his shot yet ...accurate and a bullet

Don't worry I believe u, I watched a few Knight games during the last couple seasons on tv and I also went and watched him live once as well during the Knights/Soo GreyHound playoff series last year....was cool to see him against Toronto prospect Jiri Tlusty

Guest ChuckNorris

Both Sedins had their breakout seasons at 25.

At 22 they both finished the season with around 40 points.

With how things are going right now, Kosti bros seem to have faster development than the Sedins (thanks to KOVY IMO)

Guest habsrool
Both Sedins had their breakout seasons at 25.

At 22 they both finished the season with around 40 points.

With how things are going right now, Kosti bros seem to have faster development than the Sedins (thanks to KOVY IMO)

thanks to kovy I would agree

Guest habs_fan1160

Lol, hopefully they're not the next Sedin twins, they're creepy.

But I hope the Kostitsyn's stay on the team, together, and become known as the Kostitsyn brothers.

They're both playing very well. Hopefully they'll develop into something great for us.

In my opinion,

The single most important moment of the season thus far, or the turning point if you will was the call-up of Sergei Kostistyn.

When the Habs brought him up they tapped into something truly special. Competition between brothers.

Sergei got Andrei going. Since his brother's call-up he's literally been on fire.

Love watching these two, they are the most exciting players to come up within our system that I've seen in as long as I can recall.

Guest den0923
In my opinion,

The single most important moment of the season thus far, or the turning point if you will was the call-up of Sergei Kostistyn.

When the Habs brought him up they tapped into something truly special. Competition between brothers.

Sergei got Andrei going. Since his brother's call-up he's literally been on fire.

Love watching these two, they are the most exciting players to come up within our system that I've seen in as long as I can recall.

Agree 100%....It would be a sad day if they send Sergi back down.

Guest - Tonio -

Cant wait to see these guys in the future...their developing so well. With Andrei's game you can definitly see Kovalevs work rubbing off. Hes starting to hold the puck, draw people in then dish to an open guy, something that Kovy does so well.

Guest BadBrains

These two will be together with our Habs for a long time. Andrei is RFA next season and will no doubt be signed to a nice extension. He has become the offensive force we hoped he'd turn into when we took him 10th overall in 2003. (A bargain, could have gone top 3) And he is becoming quite responsible in the defensive zone, too. And his goal against Atlanta is candidate for top 5 of the year in the NHL, in my opinion.

Sergei is under contract for 2 more seasons after this year, at a cap hit of only $506,596 a year until the end of the 2010 season. Great bargain as a late round pick. 200th overall! Great scouting. I agree with jigger that these guys are the most exciting prospects to come our way in a long while. Sergei's fight against Boston shows a ton of character and is a sure sign that this guy is playing for the good of the team and not for the his own stats. Great vision, creative in the offensive zone and hits like a guy 3 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier.

For the first time in 15 years, it's fun to be a Habs fan and these two are a big part of that equation.

Actually, no, not literally. If Andrei were literally on fire, he would be in a lot of pain. He has been figuratively on fire since Sergei's callup. :) :) :P

Agreed 100%.

Guest JIMVINNY
Actually, no, not literally. If Andrei were literally on fire, he would be in a lot of pain. He has been figuratively on fire since Sergei's callup. :) :) :P

What if he were wearing one of those fire-retarded suits, while also being covered in that flame-proof gel? Then he'd be okay... :D

if you're going to be a smarty pants, then so can I! ;)

Archived