The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Future All-star

ChitownHabby

Who will make it first?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will play in the All-Star game first?

• Mike Komisarek
    • Tomas Plekanec
    • Chris Higgins
    • Andrei Kostitsyn
    • Sergei Kostitsyn
    • Other
    • None

Guest ChitownHabby

In light of All-star weekend, I had a question for those of you out there in habland. Assuming we remove those who've already been to an All-star game (Koivu, Kovalev, Huet, Markov) who is going to be the next hab to play in the All-Star game?

My pick is Mike Komisarek. To me, he is becoming Scott Stevens and Markov is Scott Niedermayer ; I think both will play in many more.

Komisarek and Higgins will both be solid players, but both lack the true offensive potential that the All Star game showcases, I don't plan on seeing them there.

Plekanek I feel will be a very good second line or below average first line center for years to come, but I don't really see him ever breaking the barrier into All Star territory.

That leaves the Kostitsyn brothers. As Andre is further ahead in his development, and also has a bit more potential, I have to give it to him. Andre Kosttisyn has the pure skill required to make the All Star game, and hoepfully if he elevates his game to the next level in the next couple of seasons, we should see him there sooner rather than later.

Guest ChitownHabby

Carey price is also a good choice but I feel that Komi is closest, I agree with the offensive part but since he is becoming so dominant i think the coaches will put him in soon.

Guest A. Hemsky
Komisarek, Kostitsyn, and Price will be all-stars one day, Komisarek the soonest of the three.

Sorry to say but Komisarek won't make the all-star game because he is a defensive defensemen, and in the all-star game it's all about offense

Sorry to say but Komisarek won't make the all-star game because he is a defensive defensemen, and in the all-star game it's all about offense

I am starting to think that Komi may have more offense in him than I initially thought. You're probably right, though.

I'm fairly confident that A. Kostitsyn and Price will be all-stars one day.

Guest Anetéchrist

I voted Komisarek too, but I should've thought more. I agree the Hall Star Game is not his place, really. However it's damn hard for me to decide between Jekyll and Pleks so I'll have to go with Pleks because he is more mature right now. But if Pleks isn't there next year, Jekyll will be the first to go.

I am starting to think that Komi may have more offense in him than I initially thought. You're probably right, though.

I really doubt Komisarek ever gets to go. If you look at this years roster, the only players on pace for less than 47 points are Niedermayer (who would have hit that number if he played the full season) and Duncan Keith (who is only there because they needed somebody from Chicago). Komisarek's offense has impressed me this year, but he's still rather limited, and I don't see him ever having the numbers the All Star Game caters to. He should be a great Roman Hamrlik / Scott Hannan type of dman, but neither of them are at the All Star game (Hamrlik has years ago, but that was the "old" NHL).

And even if he does, who knows if he'll still be with Montreal. He's a UFA after next season in an offseason where Montreal will have trouble re-signing everyone.

Komisarek, Kostitsyn, and Price will be all-stars one day, Komisarek the soonest of the three.

Im dubious that Komi will ever get the credit he is due (#1) and maybe more importantly, I love komi but i HOPE he never makes the allstar game because in this day & age its highly unlikely you'll ever get more than 2 -3 players from the same team at the game & I hope that Komi ISNT one of our top 3 players in the years to come. Top 5 or 6, yes, but hopefully not top 3.

I actually think kostitsyn will be there first. I think markov will likely continue to get the birth for the next couple of years but if Andrei can keep up the play hes shown this past couple of months, he's destined for greatness. Already I have non-habs friends (yes, I know, how could i possibly be friends with someone who doesnt like the habs!!) who are asking questions about this "kostitsyn kid"

To be honest does it even matter? Personally I find the All-star games completely dull for the most part. Granted this could be factored into the fact I am nineteen and perhaps cannot enjoy it as much as older fans of the NHL. Nonetheless from my point of view, I see it as rather pointless considering nothing counts for the players and coaches tell their respective players not to put a lot of effort into the game since they could be injured otherwise and apparently I have heard ratings are quite low for the All-star game so I cannot be the only one to have that opinion.

Now if only fans votes counted and the scores meant something, then it would be pretty awesome.

Oh topic I would say Higgins is going to shine as a Hab, so long as he remains one. He looks to be a younger version of Koivu and by the team Koivu is retired, I think Higgins will be quite a bit better myself.

Guest Greek Hab

I say, when the All-Star Game comes to Montreal, it'll be advertised alot, right?

Plan: Get the entire Montreal Canadiens lineup on the All-Star team.

It Is Possilbe. B)

sadly i dont see either higgins or komi make it to the game...not unless theyve won a selke each by then.

the kost brothers on the other hand! and pleks as well!

Guest ChitownHabby
To be honest does it even matter? Personally I find the All-star games completely dull for the most part. Granted this could be factored into the fact I am nineteen and perhaps cannot enjoy it as much as older fans of the NHL. Nonetheless from my point of view, I see it as rather pointless considering nothing counts for the players and coaches tell their respective players not to put a lot of effort into the game since they could be injured otherwise and apparently I have heard ratings are quite low for the All-star game so I cannot be the only one to have that opinion.

Now if only fans votes counted and the scores meant something, then it would be pretty awesome.

Oh topic I would say Higgins is going to shine as a Hab, so long as he remains one. He looks to be a younger version of Koivu and by the team Koivu is retired, I think Higgins will be quite a bit better myself.

I understand your view that it is a useless dull game but it is more of a status/label to give a player. Like saying Oscar winner Jack Nicholson, it seperates you from the pack due to recognition. That is more the point of my poll, it is simply another way of asking "which of these guys do you think will be elite first, if any?"

I agree that flashy defenceman make the all-star game more often but Scott Stevens played in 13 and 3 times he finished the season with less than 30 points. I still think Komisarek will make the game within the next 3 seasons.

Guest habs fan #1

Who's to know if they don't reformat the skils competition to something along thos lines of a 3 on 1 comp or something to that effect

Guest habs fan #1

Sorry double post

Im very confident that Price and Both Kostitsyn Bros will be all stars at some point. Those Kostitsyn's have way to much talent not be all stars at some point.

900th post yay!

Archived