The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington @ Montreal | Jan. 29 2008 | Final: 4-0 Habs

Jesus-Price

Excellent post, HLD. I agree absolutely.

However, my initial comment about Markov was actually more of a joke than anything else. Hockey is a team sport and of course we are going to need everyone, including Markov and Komisarek, pulling together to win against a hot Washington squad.

You bet ya...and we'll need Bouillon and Georges just as much, cause you can bet you last buck that whenever given the opportunity (each face-off, after icing, etc...), Ovechkin will be matched up against them.

You bet ya...and we'll need Bouillon and Georges just as much, cause you can bet you last buck that whenever given the opportunity (each face-off, after icing, etc...), Ovechkin will be matched up against them.

But we're at home, and we have the last line change. This is where I want Carbonneau on top of his game in terms of line matchups. We should be able to get the matchups we want without too much trouble and then take advantage of our superior depth to cause trouble for the Capitals. Unless we've just iced the puck or something crazy is happening, there is no way Bouillon and Gorges should be out against Ovechkin. Markov and Komisarek are our shutdown pair. They're well-rested, and as we enter the stretch, we're going to need them bringing their A game, because it doesn't get easier after Washington, with the Alfredssons, Lecavaliers, Kovalchuks, and Sundins of the conference still ahead. Shutting down Ovechkin would be a helluva statement for Markov & Komisarek, and would really set the tone for this team as the playoffs get closer.

Guest FlHabsFan
would like to see dande back in the line up but i know he will get his chance again. it's nice that we have such options!! i also like to huet in the pipes but i do think its time halak got some playing time in there also for a couple of reasons

1 huet could go down to injury at anytime so he should get some action to stay sharp

2 if there was ever a time to showcase his talents to get something for him (halak that is) now is the time

Same could be said of any player. Huet is a piece of fragile crystal

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If Caps have to score...let it be Ovie!!! (assisted by Green) :P

hat trick for Higgins..come on boy!!

There you go, 3 for Higgins, 3 for Kovy and 2 by Ovie and my prediction comes true. Habs win 6-2 :D

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montr...4798701-cp.html

Or, as Koivu warned, "We realize how quickly things can turn around.

"We can't feel too good about ourselves and take this for granted. There are teams behind us that know they have to start winning games to make the playoffs and they know we're playing well. Teams that come into our building are going to be ready for us. It'll be a different challenge from what we've faced (so far) this season."

Good to see the team is thinking about what they have to do and what is in store for them.

But we're at home, and we have the last line change. This is where I want Carbonneau on top of his game in terms of line matchups. We should be able to get the matchups we want without too much trouble and then take advantage of our superior depth to cause trouble for the Capitals. Unless we've just iced the puck or something crazy is happening, there is no way Bouillon and Gorges should be out against Ovechkin. Markov and Komisarek are our shutdown pair. They're well-rested, and as we enter the stretch, we're going to need them bringing their A game, because it doesn't get easier after Washington, with the Alfredssons, Lecavaliers, Kovalchuks, and Sundins of the conference still ahead. Shutting down Ovechkin would be a helluva statement for Markov & Komisarek, and would really set the tone for this team as the playoffs get closer.

they have done it in the past (shut down Ovechkin) I think they can do it again. This time however if the boys go up by a couple of goals, no taking the foot off the gas!

There you go, 3 for Higgins, 3 for Kovy and 2 by Ovie and my prediction comes true. Habs win 6-2 :D

come on guys! where's our killer instinct?! keep ovy OFF the board tonight!!!!!

if he says markov is his toughest opponent because they're friends than here's hoping mr. everything makes that statement true tonight!!!!

let's keep the confidence we've been building and prevent ovechkin from going 2-2 this season. he hadn't scored in montreal before the last game here and i don't want to see it happen again (even though i love watching him play...rats :) ).

Guest mudcat22

Dandy don't need him anymore we have enough guys just like him but with more talent. Hamerlik should be out there against Ov he'll shut him down. I really like some of that toughness that the Kosty brothers are showing.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
come on guys! where's our killer instinct?! keep ovy OFF the board tonight!!!!!

if he says markov is his toughest opponent because they're friends than here's hoping mr. everything makes that statement true tonight!!!!

let's keep the confidence we've been building and prevent ovechkin from going 2-2 this season. he hadn't scored in montreal before the last game here and i don't want to see it happen again (even though i love watching him play...rats :) ).

LOLOL, I predicted earlier that the score would be 6-2 for the Habs. Someone has to score the two goals for Washington, might as well be Ovie. At least then we can say that the leading goal scorer in the league scored on Huet and Huet won't be criticized as much :lol:

Guest d80jcrant
If we can shut down Ovechkin, we have a very good chance of winning the game. All right, Markov, time to show your friend who's boss! :)

Huge game tonight

Guest d80jcrant
I hope we win in OT/SO....just to help ovechkin and co. in the playoff face :)

I agree, I would not care with two Habs wins in extra time. But lets start with a win tonight and go from there.

Go Habs Go

LOLOL, I predicted earlier that the score would be 6-2 for the Habs. Someone has to score the two goals for Washington, might as well be Ovie. At least then we can say that the leading goal scorer in the league scored on Huet and Huet won't be criticized as much :lol:

we're asking ovechkin to score for 'team moral'? that's a new spin :lol: .

I agree, I would not care with two Habs wins in extra time. But lets start with a win tonight and go from there.

Go Habs Go

i'd like the caps to make the playoffs too but let them take another team to extra time. let's not forget our record in ot and shootouts. two points in regulation! i'll let the leafs and the penguins pave the caps' way into the playoffs ;) .

Right riiiight...I was looking at Thursday on nhl.com :lol:

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but TSN just reported that Kolzig is not in net tonight.

That's bad news for us, Olie likes to let us score.

Archived