The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington @ Montreal | Jan. 29 2008 | Final: 4-0 Habs

Jesus-Price

Guest imdocrob

I think mods is right. What a presence the Kosty boys have made on the team. Who would have thought that that was his very first fight ever. I think Sergei is going to make a great player in the future but I would really like to see Carbo play them more together on the PP. That pass he made to Andrei for the last goal against the booins was great. I think they would do well together on a line in the future.

Guest RadioGaGa

According to TSN.ca (Ice Chips with John Lui) Guy isn't goign to use a checking line or try to match lines with Ovechkin. They are going to play "...a solid 5 man defensive system with whatever line happens to be on the ice with Ovechkin"

Interesting? Or potential trouble?

According to TSN.ca (Ice Chips with John Lui) Guy isn't goign to use a checking line or try to match lines with Ovechkin. They are going to play "...a solid 5 man defensive system with whatever line happens to be on the ice with Ovechkin"

It's been a couple of games already that carbo didn't try to oppose a checking line to the other team's star(s).

could be potential...everything...

it may work out..it may fail...i just dont want to see the bouillon, Georges against ovechkin

not working, but i've got to record some important tunes...so i'll be checking back periodically.

good luck...let's start the home stretch on the right foot with a 5-2 win!

Guest Bobineau

That's one the reasons why the team has improved this season, Carbonneau doesn't really match lines anymore, only the Defensive pairing.

Guest hockey-goon

Iam expecting a possible shut out for huet tonight or a 4 to 1 game with washington s only goal coming late in the third so habs will have 4 regardless and the big players plecks 2 goals, higgins 1, and lats 1, washington scorer backstrom

Guest overlords

Anyone know if the lines have been announced? I am really curious as to see whether ryder or higgins will still be playing with saku. Serge is making them look bad :P

Brent Johnson ( 2.64 avg, and a .908 sv pt.) is better than Kolzig,,,,,,,,,but has only played 14 games , so he might be rusty.

That said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SHUTOUT for Johnson :P

WOO-HOOOOOOOOO GO HABS GO

Guest WindsorHab#10
Iam expecting a possible shut out for huet tonight or a 4 to 1 game with washington s only goal coming late in the third so habs will have 4 regardless and the big players plecks 2 goals, higgins 1, and lats 1, washington scorer backstrom

You has to use the S word? I could be back to punish you. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

Guest FlHabsFan
Iam expecting a possible shoot out for huet tonight or a 4 to 1 game with washington s only goal coming late in the third so habs will have 4 regardless and the big players plecks 2 goals, higgins 1, and lats 1, washington scorer backstrom

sigh.....every game theres someone.....

I had to laugh t the Craps board, one guy wabts Plekanec to get nailed if for no other reason that ,,he wears a turtlneck,,,,, :blink::blink: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,another guy want our coveted Komisarek for their team. NOT gonna happen..

Less than 2 hours left pant,,,pant,,,,,pant

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Brent Johnson in net. Could be good or bad...He has been hot recently winning three in a row for Washington, but is also not a #1 goalie.

Habs have to work hard early, and not stop working.

BTW, Carbo has never really matched lines especially recently. I only notice him doing it when the other lines have a hard time generating offense versus the other team's top line.

GO HABS GO! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Guest RedLightRacicot
Brent Johnson in net. Could be good or bad...He has been hot recently winning three in a row for Washington, but is also not a #1 goalie.

Habs have to work hard early, and not stop working.

BTW, Carbo has never really matched lines especially recently. I only notice him doing it when the other lines have a hard time generating offense versus the other team's top line.

GO HABS GO! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

You are right on Brent Johnson is a career back up and we hve little to fear.

Guest jennifer_rocket

GO HABS GO!

If Montreal loses because Carbonneau refuses to match defensive pairings against Ovechkin on home ice, he's going to take some flak, guaranteed. I don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of last line change against one of the best guys in hockey, unless Carbonneau doesn't think anyone's capable of checking him. :blink:

Anyways, let's hope the winning streak continues! :)

Guest HabSteve

meh, We all know Komisarek and Markov will be assigned to that job so i'm not worried

GO HABS GO!

Dandy don't need him anymore we have enough guys just like him but with more talent. Hamerlik should be out there against Ov he'll shut him down. I really like some of that toughness that the Kosty brothers are showing.
no, markov and komisarek need to be out everytime ovech is out there,
Thats surprising that he wouldnt be the starter after a 5 day break
somthing to do with johnson winning on thursday they are saying

Guest Jesus Price
You has to use the S word? I could be back to punish you. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

Techically he said 'Shoot out' and not 'shut out'.. either way I am not expecting one tonight. 4-2 Habs

Archived