The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Do You Watch Women's Sports?

darren19

Do You Watch Women's Sports?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Watch Women's Sports?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only tennis and beach volleyball...
    • Never

Guest Bobineau

There's a lot of women's sports on TV and I always wondered who watches it. Just in my family... my mom doesn't, my dad...well just tennis and my sisters only watch men's sports.

Guest habs_fan1160

I'm a girl and I honestly don't care for watching women's sports.

The only women's sport I watch is soccer, the rest of it I don't find as paced as men's sports. They're usually bigger, faster and more intense and physical.

I like the violent sports though like UFC, Hockey, etc., etc.

Guest FlHabsFan
I watch women's tennis, and believe it or not, mostly for the sport itself, not the hot bodies running around the court. :)

I also watch women's hockey when it's on. I really hope it takes off in the next 10-15 years.

Id love to see womens hockey. The only womens sports they show on TV (besides tennis and beach volleyball. best sport ever...) is basketball and golf. And I dont like either sport anyway. So hockey would be nice.

But I am a fan of the women's breast stroke! What? I was talking about swimming :unsure:;)

i don't watch because they either aren't televised or i don't get them...

but i follow track & field (moreso field events)

carolina kluft, hello

and skiing (mostly nordic)

Hey, I said 'mostly'! :P A percentage of why I watch definitely has to do with the hot bodies, and I'll never deny that. ;)

That's tennis! What's the sport where chicks in bikinis wail on each other? Foxy Boxing? That's what I wanted!

Can't resist a mangled simpsons reference every once in awhile.

Guest LarryRobinson

My answer to the question posed is no. I dont really think it requires an explanation. I like tennis and will watch Sharapova cuz she's good and hot....honesty is a virtue, right?

There's a lot of women's sports on TV and I always wondered who watches it. Just in my family... my mom doesn't, my dad...well just tennis and my sisters only watch men's sports.

I watch figure skating every now and then. I have always been amazed how graceful they are (the figure skaters). I watch womens curling from time to time too.

Guest Bobineau
Of course, women's hockey won't be quite the same for me now that Cassie Campbell has retired.

Whether it's Cassie Campbell or Rita MacNeil, you can really see much behind their equipment...and isn't Cassie on TV now?

Guest ChuckNorris

This is the golden age for women tennis. Look at all the hotties up there who actually CAN play tennis (as opposed to Kournikova who could only look good)

Australian open this year was sweet.

Guest Lafleurfan2

a very intresting topic. Im not opposed to female sports at all but I don't get around to watching them

tennis is kind of boring , swimming I have no idea when it's on day and channel, the female basketball leauge

over the summer kind of boring, I guess I have to put on espn more often I never see volley ball or figure skating at least during the week. I do like the idea of having female sports reporters I see them after

a Yankees games I see Deboroah Kaufman on nights during and after the Islanders and Rangers games.

but watching female sports hardly ever.

Guest Bobineau
I'm a girl and I honestly don't care for watching women's sports.

That's seem to be the general opinion with girls, even those that are playing sports on a regular basis.

Guest Greek Hab
Whether it's Cassie Campbell or Rita MacNeil, you can really see much behind their equipment...and isn't Cassie on TV now?

Tighter jerseys. Like the boys have in the NHL now. B)

The women's tennis scene is as vital and interesting as it's been in years with Sharapova, Henin, Ivanovic, Serena & Venus, Mauresmo, Davenport, and the new crop of Russians all fighting for supremacy. It's very hard to predict who will win a given tournament, and parity is always a nice thing.

I never really watched curling until the 2002 winter games. I watched a little of one match and was hooked.

I really don't know much about curling, to be honest. I know the point is to get the rock as close to the centre as you can while knocking the other person's rock out, but I know zip about the point system, strategy, etc. It's just very soothing to watch the rock glide down the ice towards the circle. :)

Archived