The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Washington | Jan. 31 2008 | Final: 5-4 Washington (ot)

FlHabsFan

Guest FlHabsFan
gdt1.jpg

gdt2.jpg

In the 2nd game of a home and home series against the Capitals, the Canadiens look to continue the success of their Tuesday game in Montreal where the Habs beat the Caps 4-0.

Couldnt find a game preview, so I am copying some updated stats.

62 Points to date
50 Games played
32 Games left in the season
27 Days left to the trade deadline
18 Home games left (10-8-5 at home)
14 Road games left (17-7-3 on the road)
13 Games remain against Non Divisional Eastern Conference opponents
13 Games remain against the NE division
6 Games remain against the west, including a 4 game roadtrip to California in the first half of March
6 Points behind Division leading Ottawa
5 Points ahead of the Boo-ins
4th Place in the conference
2nd In overall points in the Eastern Conference (8 more points then the Hurricanes who are leading in the South-Least division)
2 Games left against the Bruins
1 The amount of Stanley Cup winning teams this year
0 Number of Stanley Cups the Leafs have seen in 41 years

gohabsgo.gifgohabsgo.gifgohabsgo.gif

This weekend back to back games will be difficult vs the Rangers and Islanders I think. The Habs don't seem to play as well on the weekends as Tuesday and Thursday. I really hope they get these two points.

Guest hockey-goon

I expect much of the same game played by mtl in their last match up the only thing i can see different will be the score i see the canadiens playing even tighter defensive game and the turnover rate will go up resulting in more goals for the habs i predict 6 goals pleks will turn the trick higgins 1 latts 1 they play well against the craps and look to another great game from huet an another possible shut out or a max 2 goals against. And im not superstitious posted a possible 4 to 0 score last game and will do it again. :D

Guest 77Bourque77
I expect much of the same game played by mtl in their last match up the only thing i can see different will be the score i see the canadiens playing even tighter defensive game and the turnover rate will go up resulting in more goals for the habs i predict 6 goals pleks will turn the trick higgins 1 latts 1 they play well against the craps and look to another great game from huet an another possible shut out or a max 2 goals against. And im not superstitious posted a possible 4 to 0 score last game and will do it again. :D

well i dont know if we should trust you because im counting five goals because the last time i checked, a hatty is three not four goals.

Guest Jesus Price

I think this will be a much more tough fought game then the one played lastnight. The Capitals are a young team with a lot of heart and are going to be very eager to avenge being embarassed on home ice twice this year by the Habs. I am predicting a 2-1 OT win for the Habs. Goals by Latendresse and Kovalev the OT winner. GO HABS GO!

Guest hockey-goon
well i dont know if we should trust you because im counting five goals because the last time i checked, a hatty is three not four goals.

the one missing goal scorer was left out cause that one is left to any one .

got to have our work clothes on when this one starts, cant be fooled and come out slack and fall behind. going to be harder to have komisarek and markov out there with ovechkin because of the line changes of course and thats why you see him run around alot more on home ice because he is away from the good checkers on the opposite team.

Guest Innis_Mor

Quote after game Tuesday against Washington, talking about Montreal's main power-play unit:

"As a five-man unit, they pass the puck better than anybody," Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said.

Well coach, tell your guys to stay out of the box on Thursday, then! Otherwise, more of the same coming! ;)

Guest Manorrd

After the way these guys played last game, they could lose every game from here on out to the end of the season, miss the playoffs, and I'd STILL be happy. :)

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

This team is impressing me so much since the beginning of 2008: They are playing with confidence and are overall, playing hard every game.

They have to be ready for Washington to come out STRONG but if they can escape the potential furry, they just have to play the same style they played last game.

No line-up changes according to RDS and that is the way it should be.

2 points would be great in this game as the back to back will be tough to win both.

But anything is possible with the recent play of this Habs Team.

GO HABS GO! I KNOW YOU CAN WIN!!!

Guest RockMtl

I don't think Ovechken is a happy camper - so he'll be on his 'WAR path' Thr. night (which I wouldn't expect anything less from a premium player)! If we stick to the game plan - first on the puck, plug up the center - it'll be difficult to beat our team. I'm expecting a much better response from the the Caps. After all they too are fighting for their spot.

BRING IT ON!!!

I see much excitement and anticipation for this game. It's midnight in Montreal, and I still see many logged in. Perhaps it's only the western Habs fans that are still up. :)

Guest ComeBackStanley
Quote after game Tuesday against Washington, talking about Montreal's main power-play unit:"As a five-man unit, they pass the puck better than anybody," Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said.Well coach, tell your guys to stay out of the box on Thursday, then! Otherwise, more of the same coming! ;)
but didn't we score when our players were in the box (or coming out of lol)haha i see this as a much tighter game and basically anyone's game. I'm assuming the caps will come back out full force and as long as we play the same way we played tuesday the score will be very close... hopefully with the two points going to us
I see much excitement and anticipation for this game. It's midnight in Montreal, and I still see many logged in. Perhaps it's only the western Habs fans that are still up. :)
nope i'm in montreal...haha should be going to bed soon though...exam tomorrow...shoudl get some sleep

Guest QbGamer

Guys off topic and all but, LOST is starting on the same night, IM torn between the 2. I think im going to end up watching the game live and then watching the replay of lost, but man o man have i been looking forward to LOST, the hab better put on a good game for me if i plan on missing my show :)

LOL

Guest Habs_Mania
Guys off topic and all but, LOST is starting on the same night, IM torn between the 2. I think im going to end up watching the game live and then watching the replay of lost, but man o man have i been looking forward to LOST, the hab better put on a good game for me if i plan on missing my show :)

LOL

Lost Shmost.

Guest habs fan #1

From the Rock

On vacation

Guest FlHabsFan

LOL

Tivo Lost, watch the game =b

What a good game this should be ! Our Habs are real hot, and the Caps seek revenge ... Should be a physical and highly energic(Is that a word?) game !!

My prediction is something around the lines of ... 3-1 / 3-2

hopefully i'll be able to catch more of this game than tuesday's game....i've some more recording to do, but i have the day off, so i'll get a lot done i hope.

the caps are most likely going to be out with all cycles turning to avoid a repeat of tuesday...we'll have to play a tight game and get on the board early to deflate whatever gusto they may have,

Guest Jesus Price

Apparantely Kozlov and his Caps' were whining about Montreal throwing there top unit on the ice with under 5 minutes left to play. Isn't it nice to be the team accused of running it up, rather then the team whining about it.

Apparantely Kozlov and his Caps' were whining about Montreal throwing there top unit on the ice with under 5 minutes left to play. Isn't it nice to be the team accused of running it up, rather then the team whining about it.

It's a tight race to the playoffs and if it comes down to tie breakers every little goal counts. wow 4-0 nothing and we were running up the score. I seem to recall the Caps having one or 2 games a year where they destroy the other team, <_<

however tonight I am expecting a closer game. 3-2 Habs or 4-2 with an empty netter in the final 40 seconds.

Archived