The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The "positive" Thread

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

Most of you have come to realize that I try to be as positive as possible. I try to look at all the positive the team does as opposed to the negative. My belief is that being negative is the easy way out. It's alot simpler to say this player sucks or this goalie sucks or this team sucks or trade them all as opposed to saying "hey, we might has lost but alot of good things came out of that game that we can work on and hopefully win the next one".

Don't get me wrong, losing is no fun but there can be lessons learned. I've always played the game and coached the game with a positive outlook and although it's frustrating at times, a positive outlook is always more respected than a negative outlook.

Here are all the positives I took out of last night's overtime loss to the Capitals:

- the team never gave up, we fought back after we took everything that Washington threw at us

- when our top two lines had an off night, our 3rd and 4th lines were monsters out there proving that we have a well balanced team

- Streit, Gorges and Bouillon proved that they can play against the elite players in the league and not get pushed around

- Smokes (who has been criticized extensively) is continuing his fine play and that will help us down the stretch

- Sergei keeps impressing everyone with his play

- We gained a point on Ottawa with a game in hand

Tell me what positives you took out this game.

Guest FlHabsFan

The Cristowall/Crystoball is back. Played his 10th or 11th straight and seems to get better with each game.

The team never gave up for the 2nd thursday in a row. Down by 3 and came back to steal a point.

The name Kostitsyn is starting to be feared.

All 4 lines are starting to produce, so if 1 or 2 lines has an off night, there are 2 others to pick up the slack.

We are only 1 or 2 players away from being a monster team

Guest habsforevernomatterwhat

Cool idea for a thread. I really liked that we never gave up. Down 3-0 I was ready to turn the TV off but just I was about to I saw Sergei score and I just felt like we had a chance to gain some ground on Ottawa. Also, we scored with our net empty instead of being scored on

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
Cool idea for a thread. I really liked that we never gave up. Down 3-0 I was ready to turn the TV off but just I was about to I saw Sergei score and I just felt like we had a chance to gain some ground on Ottawa. Also, we scored with our net empty instead of being scored on

Thank you.

I was reading the game thread, when we were down 3-0 everyone was saying game over, I'm turning off my television and I was thinking, we came back against Jersey, why not come back this game. Sure enough we did. I know we shouldn't have been down that much to begin with but give credit to Washington, they came out flying. Boudreau has done an excellent job with this team.

Let's not forget one thing, besides their bad record because of a bad start, Washington is one of the hottest teams in the NHL in the past 2 months and we took 3 out of 4 points against them. This Washington team owned Ottawa all season beating them every game. Huge 3 points for us any way you look at it.

Guest Greek Hab

Although we lost yesterday, we got 3 of a possible 4 points in the home&home. We were weren't our usual on D, BUT THE POSITIVES!

My my view:

- Our offense showed it's stuff.

- We may have no got alot of shots, but we were moving the puck like mad!

- Higgins' speed last night, wow. Corner domination.

- Kostitsyns...awesome.

- Latendresse...props. I liked seeing him on the #1 PP last night.

^^^^

Hopefully that is a sign that the 1st line is going to look different next game.

- Mark Streit...I like.

- Frank "The Tank"...nailed Ovy.

^^^^^

Ovy apperently got a fractured nose from this hit...props to Ovy for playing amazing. (I'm being competitvly friendly!) :P

- Huet...did what he could. No blame(from me) for this game.

- Huet...looked a hell more professional than Kolzig, who kept slamming his stick when he got scored on.

- Carbo...loved the lead coloured jacket he was wearing. :lol:

Guest hatethoseleafs

I've always thought we should have 2 game threads. One where positive only posts are allowed and a second where anything goes. Would be interesting to see which thread had the most posts. I'm all for this lets be positive thread in the meantime. Another positive thread is the MN thread,,,, in case you havent checked it out yet. ;)

GO HABS GO

Although we lost yesterday, we got 3 of a possible 4 points in the home&home. We were weren't our usual on D, BUT THE POSITIVES!

My my view:

[...]

- Kostitsyns...awesome.

^^^^

Hopefully that is a sign that the 1st line is going to look different next game.

[...]

^^^^^

Ovy apperently got a fractured nose from this hit...props to Ovy for playing amazing. (I'm being competitvly friendly!) :P

[...]

Carbo always dresses better on the road. Is his wife packing his bag? :D

Like many have said before, I'm quite happy with the 3 points out of 4. And I particularly like the fact that we won at home and made a comeback on the road. This team is crashing psychological obstacles at an amazing pace.

Guest overlords
Carbo always dresses better on the road. Is his wife packing his bag? :D

Like many have said before, I'm quite happy with the 3 points out of 4. And I particularly like the fact that we won at home and made a comeback on the road. This team is crashing psychological obstacles at an amazing pace.

Hey, i'd put in a vote for carbo as best dressed coach league wide.

When my mom was younger she used to work for a place that sold many of the habs their suits :P

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

My my view:

- Higgins' speed last night, wow. Corner domination.

- Kostitsyns...awesome.

^^^^

- Mark Streit...I like.

^^^^^

- Huet...looked a hell more professional than Kolzig, who kept slamming his stick when he got scored on.

Good points my fellow countryman. I especially liked it when we kicked it into another gear in the third, that was something.

Guest FlHabsFan
Hey, i'd put in a vote for carbo as best dressed coach league wide.

When my mom was younger she used to work for a place that sold many of the habs their suits :P

Last night the caps announcers said they liked Carbo's "Mafia" style of dress. dont know if that was a compliment or a slam.

And while I didnt see the post either, big thanks to the mods for keeping the negativity out of the thread :D

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
If he told you, wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose of us deleting it?

I know, I was being funny. My bad for not putting a laughing smilie after my comment.

Thank you though for taking care of the negative thread.

Guest HabsFan4Lyfe

OKAY FOLKS, postive we will be. saturday afternoon , sunday afternoon , WE WIN...67 points....SATURDAY evening...ottawa loses vs toronto...68 POINTS...................and then da GAME OF DA YEAR...the EPIC match .....Montreal vs. Ottawa for first place tuesday night...........GO HABS GO...

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
OKAY FOLKS, postive we will be. saturday afternoon , sunday afternoon , WE WIN...67 points....SATURDAY evening...ottawa loses vs toronto...68 POINTS...................and then da GAME OF DA YEAR...the EPIC match .....Montreal vs. Ottawa for first place tuesday night...........GO HABS GO...
That's the spirit. The Caps announcers were saying last night that it's no surprise that Montreal came back to tie the game. They said we were one of the premier clubs in hockey at this time of the season.
31 Games to go and were gonna win them all. Hows that for positive?? :D:D:D
If we do I'm buying beer for all 22,433 members on this board :lol:

And yes, I can afford it ;)

Archived