The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The "negative" Thread

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

Well guys, the positive thread was a huge success so I decided to make a negative thread since a few people here like to complain and knit pick at everything. I won't be posting in here but I'm curious to see what will be said.

Let the science experiment begin :lol:

Will the positive outweigh the negative ;)

Let the science experiment begin :lol:

Will the positive outweigh the negative ;)

Let's wait for the season to end to see where the Habs end up , 'cause the positive thread could quickly turn into a negative thread

That';s not me being negative , that's me being caustiously optimistic on the play of the Habs this year

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27
Those positive and negative threads are terribly annoying.

Yeah, not the greatest idea. Plenty of complaining goes on elsewhere on this forum and I don't think we need to add to it. The moderators will be overwhelmed with banning and warnings.

However, since I'm here ;) My complaint is Ryder

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
Those positive and negative threads are terribly annoying.
It's your right not to post in them ;)
I see this turning into the "Bashing" thread with an excuse to do it.
No need for this to turn into bashing, not what I intended this thread for. There seems to be alot of negativity around so why not channel it into one thread and hopefully it will stop throughout the forum once and for all.

Guest HabsFan4Lyfe

I agree this is a bad idea...this will just get people more pissed off than their usually. Positive Montrealers....never 'll happen untill we in the finals.

Guest hatethoseleafs

I guess if i said i had nothing negative to say about the Habs then this post would get deleted. :lol: Instead ill say I HATE the Leafs ( or is that also considered a positive? ) :P

Guest Oatmeal777

The one thing that worries me is that maybe the team in general is so used to not winning as a team that when they finally do, they'll get cocky, take it for granted, and they'll start losing games to over-confidence.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the team is very inexperienced. Kovalev is the only one who knows what it's like to go all the way. Unless Hamrlik got a cup sometime back.

That's my general team worry.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
The one thing that worries me is that maybe the team in general is so used to not winning as a team that when they finally do, they'll get cocky, take it for granted, and they'll start losing games to over-confidence.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the team is very inexperienced. Kovalev is the only one who knows what it's like to go all the way. Unless Hamrlik got a cup sometime back.

That's my general team worry.

That's a very valid concern but I think that with all the experience Carbo and company have and having played for winning teams their whole careers they'll be able to keep the team grounded.

Guest Oatmeal777
That's a very valid concern but I think that with all the experience Carbo and company have and having played for winning teams their whole careers they'll be able to keep the team grounded.

I hope so, because Montreal is in for the roughest stretch of the year.

Guest overlords

A) stuff is way too expensive at the bell center

B) Ryder

C) carbonneau is like 30 years my senior and still looks better in a suit than i do.

D) Can't believe we didn't snag a point against the crosby-less pens...

E) WHY IS VERTIGO STILL OUR GOAL SONG?

feels a bit good to be able to voice it all in one thread without getting warned for being off topic.

Guest ComeBackStanley

haha well if people are worried about negativity we can always call this the "constructive criticism" thread lol. well nothing too negative for me too talk about right now (9 dollar beers are waaayyy too expensive thoguh) i didn't see the game thursday. glad we were able to come back but from what i heard we weren't doing too too well....but can't really say anything cause well didn't watch it (and at least we got a point...oh wait that's in the positive thread) haha...well you might see me here some other time with some real "constructive criticism" lol for now fid me in the positive thread :P

haha well if people are worried about negativity we can always call this the "constructive criticism" thread lol. well nothing too negative for me too talk about right now (9 dollar beers are waaayyy too expensive thoguh) i didn't see the game thursday. glad we were able to come back but from what i heard we weren't doing too too well....but can't really say anything cause well didn't watch it (and at least we got a point...oh wait that's in the positive thread) haha...well you might see me here some other time with some real "constructive criticism" lol for now fid me in the positive thread :P

I just could never figure out the logic behind a 9$ beer. I never buy beer at a game... just for that reason! Nine $ is ridiculous. I would buy two or three beers, if they were 4$... and they would have taken 12$ from me. Now... I believe this would be the feeling for most people, and the arena would be way ahead of the game, at the end of the day.

Do I make sense? Or, did I miss something in Micro Economics class. What's the deal here?

Any economics grads willing to 'splain this to me?

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
I just could never figure out the logic behind a 9$ beer. I never buy beer at a game... just for that reason! Nine $ is ridiculous. I would buy two or three beers, if they were 4$... and they would have taken 12$ from me. Now... I believe this would be the feeling for most people, and the arena would be way ahead of the game, at the end of the day.

Do I make sense? Or, did I miss something in Micro Economics class. What's the deal here?

Can you imagine the beer was only a dollar. We'd never finish a hockey game at the Bell Center. All the fans would get really drunk and fight :lol:

Guest Anetéchrist

The Arena is ahead of the game. They just don't want to sell beer :D

No seriously, they are ripping people off on just about everything they sell. But it is like that in many other places (other than hockey rinks I mean)

At least the product on the ice is more and more worth the entry price :D

Can you imagine the beer was only a dollar. We'd never finish a hockey game at the Bell Center. All the fans would get really drunk and fight :lol:

We would become Hockey's version of the English soccer hooligans. I can just see Bettman moving all Habs home games to the other teams venues... for excessive rowdiness. :lol:

The Arena is ahead of the game. They just don't want to sell beer :D

No seriously, they are ripping people off on just about everything they sell. But it is like that in many other places (other than hockey rinks I mean)

At least the product on the ice is more and more worth the entry price :D

You're right! :lol: Bettman just doesn't want us to have too much fun! :lol:

I do believe the ticket, merchandise and concession prices are all set by the league, and prices depend on the market. They probably assume that people would consume beer anyway, especially Montrealers.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
We would become Hockey's version of the English soccer hooligans. I can just see Bettman moving all Habs home games to the other teams venues... for excessive rowdiness. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Asterix9
Read the thread, no need for personal attacks. The negative you gave was directed at me.

Sorry you took it that way. It was directed at the threads, not you.

Archived