The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Ottawa | Feb. 9 2008 | Final: 6-1 Ottawa

FlHabsFan

Guest FlHabsFan

Doing this thread while the board is working. Didnt plan on posting it so early, but wanted to get it out there.

SATURDAY'S HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA MATCH UP

MVO1.jpg

EXPECTED GOALTENDERS

MVO2.jpg

After a heartbreaking loss to the Maple Leafs in the Bell Centre on Thursday, the Canadiens are hoping to bounce back and do a repeat performance of Tuesday’s game against the Ottawa Senators, where they won with a final score of 4-3.

The Habs have struggled as of late give up 5 straight goals to the New York Rangers on Sunday, and allowed the Sens to keep the game close before finally shutting them down. Saturday’s game is a big one for Montreal, as a win puts them 1 point behind the conference leading Senators and a loss putting Ottawa up by 5 points, with 3 head to head matches remaining in the last 2 months of this season. This game will mark the return of Daniel Alfredsson and Dany Heatly. And the Sens will be hoping their return will be the spark that snaps them out of the slump they have been in lately.

gohabsgo.gifgohabsgo.gifgohabsgo.gif

bananans.gifbananans.gifbananans.gif

Guest kovysdaman

Great Job on the thread love when you put it up one day before the game keep up the good work!!!

As for the game tomorrow I'm scared a little to see the way both teams played yesterday ! But the habs have to keep up the hard work and not quit becauuse the Sens have the talent but the habs have a heart as big as a lion. Look for a big game from Huet tomorrow and let's see higgins score a few for a change lol

Habs fan 4 ever

Guest FlHabsFan
Great Job on the thread love when you put it up one day before the game keep up the good work!!!

As for the game tomorrow I'm scared a little to see the way both teams played yesterday ! But the habs have to keep up the hard work and not quit becauuse the Sens have the talent but the habs have a heart as big as a lion. Look for a big game from Huet tomorrow and let's see higgins score a few for a change lol

Habs fan 4 ever

Thanks. Mainly was just trying to sneak it in while the board was working. Was afraid it was just a temporary span where it was working. Luckily, things seem to be working again. Hoping the bananas bring us luck. Havent seen them in a post in many weeks :D

And I hope Hammr is back tomorrow as well. Gonna suck without him. Gotta deal with Alfie, Heatly and Spezza tomorrow >.<

Guest TORHABSFAN

FlHabsfan Love the game thread!!!

The Gerber baby picture with the beach ball Is a True Classic!!! I am reading this at work and a bursted out luaghing.. everyone looked at me like I was on crack.. You almost got me busted man!!!

Great Job.

Anyways Dear God Please let Hammer be back for this game we need him so badley.. this game is huge for us.. We wanted it to be for first place but now its for getting back to with in 1 point..

What scares me is the possibility of being 5 points out.. and Worse having the Pens and Devils catching us..

This game is just as much of a battle to stay out of 5th or 6th as it is a attemot at catching first.

NEED a WIN... Play 60 mintues.. no colpase.. Play some D.. Help Huet out. And for the Love of God remeber it is ok for someone other then Pleks,Kostitsyn and Kovalev to score.. all 4 lines are alowed to get in on the fun!

Great job on the thread FLHabsFan!!!

I think it will be a tough game, but also a good one.

This game will be live here in Europe B) , as part of the HDIC... great! because it will be the third time this week that I can watch our guys in action.

All I can say for now is...

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest FlHabsFan
FlHabsfan Love the game thread!!!

The Gerber baby picture with the beach ball Is a True Classic!!! I am reading this at work and a bursted out luaghing.. everyone looked at me like I was on crack.. You almost got me busted man!!!

Great Job.

Anyways Dear God Please let Hammer be back for this game we need him so badley.. this game is huge for us.. We wanted it to be for first place but now its for getting back to with in 1 point..

What scares me is the possibility of being 5 points out.. and Worse having the Pens and Devils catching us..

This game is just as much of a battle to stay out of 5th or 6th as it is a attemot at catching first.

NEED a WIN... Play 60 mintues.. no colpase.. Play some D.. Help Huet out. And for the Love of God remeber it is ok for someone other then Pleks,Kostitsyn and Kovalev to score.. all 4 lines are alowed to get in on the fun!

Heh, yeah. First thing I thought of when I thought Gerber, was the baby food. So thought id throw something silly together =)

Guest CanadianMike
This match up scares me to no end

me too.

Y'all know I love the Sens, but not when they play the Habs! Their captain is coming back...might be a good time for our captain to show up. :rolleyes::unsure::mellow:

Go Habs Go!!! wake up Chris Higgins!!! please.

Huet Huet Huet

Guest d80jcrant

Daniel Alfredsson will return on Saturday after missing four games with a hip flexor injury. This will be the first game that the 'Big 3' will be together since January 12th. The Senators won for the first time last night without Alfredsson. Without the captain, the Senators are 1-6 on the year.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson

McAmmond - Fisher - Neil

Vermette - Kelly - Donovan

Foligno - Robitaille - McGrattan

Phillips - Volchenkov

Redden - Meszaros

Richardson - Corvo

Emery

No I am even more scared.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

me too.

Y'all know I love the Sens, but not when they play the Habs! Their captain is coming back...might be a good time for our captain to show up. :rolleyes::unsure::mellow:

Go Habs Go!!! wake up Chris Higgins!!! please.

Huet Huet Huet

Aha! you hit the nail on the head! that's it! koivu was waiting for alfie to get back before he returned himself :lol:

Emery instead of Gerber? Thats interesting.
interesting maybe but probably scarier too

Guest d80jcrant
Emery instead of Gerber? Thats interesting.

Ottawa's rule for goalies is win and you are in....Emerey won in Florida so he plays agian on saturday....I am dreaming, praying and crossing fingers that Hossa will be on Koivu'sright come sat, LOL

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Definately Emery in net. He won against Florida so he is back in as per John Paddock's rule of "You win and your in".

If Montreal plans on catching Ottawa and overtaking 1st place in the Northeast, this game is a must win. Fall behind 5 points and you have too much work. Why? DANIEL ALFREDSSON AND DANY HEATLY ARE BACK!

They are going to complete Ottawa's lineup and hopefully Hamrlik and definately Huet will complete ours (Brisebois out).

Now things get interesting: What to do with the lineup?

Leave it the same and hope the other lines start contributing? Go back to what worked for a small while (Higgins/Lappiere/Ryder)?

We have to trust Carboneau will make the right decision but we can't expect Kovy's line to get all 4 goals for us again!

Someone else has to start scoring and hopefully it starts this game!

GO HUET! GO HABS GO!

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

ONE LAST THING:

Without Alfie, and against a DEFENSIVE TEAM like Florida, Ottawa gets 5 goals.

With Alfie, and against a partial offense/defense team like Montreal, how many goals will Ottawa get?

HUET IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE ON HIS GAME!

Guest Asterix9

Because of our poor showing against the Leafs on Thursday, this game is now crucial. We must come out with two points, preferably in regulation, if we want to have a shot at first in our division. Ottawa is starting to get healthy again and they're no saying that they won't pickup speed again.

Guest TOHABSfan16

A little off topic but since it is hockey day in Canada how are the laffs and vancouver not playing each other, isn't that the point of the day, the 6 Canadian teams play each other? Didn't anyone send the memo to wee bettman? :blink:

Oh yeah and all the pond hockey and small town stuff have something to do with it too I guess. :P

Guest d80jcrant

I can't wait for this game....the wife almost got us tickets but theguy was out for making a buck...they were 75.00 tickets and he was going to get like over 200 for them and did not want to give us the jacked up price. So I guess it isme andthe tv, LOL

Guest TORHABSFAN
A little off topic but since it is hockey day in Canada how are the laffs and vancouver not playing each other, isn't that the point of the day, the 6 Canadian teams play each other? Didn't anyone send the memo to wee bettman? :blink:

Oh yeah and all the pond hockey and small town stuff have something to do with it too I guess. :P

becasue our division does not play theres this year.. There for the Leafs can not play the Canucks..

What we should have done is have Colorado play the Canucks but have them wear Nordiques Jerseys and have Phinoex play Toronto in Jets jerseys..

That way the 4 games would feel more all canadian.

Guest habsrool
Anyone know if Hamrlik will be ready for this one? I hope he is, we'll need him!

Cristobal Huet will get the start on Saturday in Ottawa.

Roman Hamrlik remains quarantined with a virus and will miss his third straight game.

The club signed free agent forward Brock Trotter to a three-year contract. He was leading the Denver Pioneers (NCAA) in scoring. He will report to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL. - TSN

There's your answer

Is there anyone heading to Ottawa to go to the game? I'm going with my buddy and just wondering if there is a good place to go around Kanata before the game? Somewhere to watch the Wings demolish the Leafs and have a bite to eat before we head to the arena?

I've only been out there once for a concert so it would be cool to see what some fellow habs fans might recommend around there.

It's going to be a tough one tomorrow, but we'll be there cheering on the habs in our red jerseys!

Archived