The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Administration

GIJAYNE

FYI, if anyone is interested in updating the blog (I still do since there are still hits, which means we have readers) let me know because I changed the password. Someone got a hold of our old one and was messing with the pics and put an explicit one of two gentlemen caressing one another in their birthday suits. I'm guessing this was the work of a rival team's fan.

With that pic out of the way, I will be more careful with the password. In fact, CH's images are updated automatically, I will take off the MN Jeopardy leader board and This day in MN history sections, so only HTL and choc would need to log in if anything.

Feel free to PM it to me Dags at your convenience. I swear it wasnt me that breached security. Were the 2 guys wearing Leaf Jerseys???:P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ola crew,

I just broke the seal on my postings for the up-coming season. I was a pretty good boy this summer, only cursorily scanning Habs- and hockey-related stuff on account of a big move and job hunting, but rookie camp has started, so has school, so it's time to get back into the game.

So it begs my question: when does all the MN fun start? I know I faltered as the season wore on, with fewer updates on the Atlantic Division, but I'm game again if you're starting a list.

Hoping you all had a great summer and things are well. Happy almost Habs Hockey again ... finally.

I'm game, but wondering if I should start a new thread for 09/10 predictions so as not to frighten away anyone who wants to join in. If they see a thread with over 150 pages, they might not even look.

Any thoughts?

It would probably make sense to start a new thread. There's 09/10 threads for all the popular ones so I don't see how making one here wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm game, but wondering if I should start a new thread for 09/10 predictions so as not to frighten away anyone who wants to join in. If they see a thread with over 150 pages, they might not even look.

Any thoughts?

Were talking about the eastern games predictions here,right???

If so,I would suggest starting up a new thread CH FOR 09/10,as you stated....IMO.

Looking forward too doing it all over again,bring it onnnnnn

GO HABS. :P

Hope you all had a good summer. Mine was so so.

I agree with the new thread thingy CH. Just label it 09/10 season and your good to go.

I guess we have to decide if we want to do the scouting thing again this year. We'll wait on the admirals direction for that decision i guess.

Wonder if #1 is still hanging around???

I really hope Choc is back this season too. This place would be mess without him. Then again this place would be a mess without a lot of the contributors. ;)

P.S. Would be nice if a mod locked all the old threads so we can start new ones fresh ( execpt maybe the Administration thread).

I agree with the new thread thingy CH. Just label it 09/10 season and your good to go.

I guess we have to decide if we want to do the scouting thing again this year. We'll wait on the admirals direction for that decision i guess.

I really hope Choc is back this season too. This place would be mess without him. Then again this place would be a mess without a lot of the contributors. ;)

P.S. Would be nice if a mod locked all the old threads so we can start new ones fresh ( execpt maybe the Administration thread).

i cant imagine anyone had a good summer with that sour taste in our mouths for 5 months,

Summer... depends on what part of the country I guess ;)

New thread thingy as per and with CH... agreed

Scouting... hmmm... I will gladly pass this role to anyone interested, but personally do not feel the need for a seperate thread and question its usefulness at this point. The Braintrust will be around however ever interested in the MN.

Who is #1?

Choc is a definite need! :D

Oh... and hello HTL/LTH :D Good to know you're still there.

Summer... depends on what part of the country I guess ;)

New thread thingy as per and with CH... agreed

Scouting... hmmm... I will gladly pass this role to anyone interested, but personally do not feel the need for a seperate thread and question its usefulness at this point. The Braintrust will be around however ever interested in the MN.

Who is #1?

Choc is a definite need! :D

Oh... and hello HTL/LTH :D Good to know you're still there.

Of course i'm still here :D

I wasn't fully sold on the need for a seperate thread either HHN. I prefered it combined with the predictions thread,, where i felt it had more use pertaining to predictions. I realize the number of predictors has grown so i'm not sure that same feeling ( on my part) would apply for this season. It could be a nightmare for CH to go through tons of reports to find the predictions. Maybe if we scaled things down a little bit and only posted late breaking roster moves or injuries pertaining to the nights games, then it might be less jumbled. I'm not even sure if that wouldnt be too hard to follow. CH has a tough job keeping predictions straight ( 1st hand experience) and i wouldnt want to complicate what is an enjoyable exercise for a lot of us in here. I'd love his opinion on it.

As for who is #1 ???? The tittle seems to be vacant,, as no official word ( that i'm aware of anyways) of resignation or replacement has ever been posted. The thread is about the actual MN, and Choc has done a superb job of calculating it, along with upcomming bonus games. If we needed to actually name a new #1,,,, he would get my vote. ;)

I wasn't fully sold on the need for a seperate thread either HHN. I prefered it combined with the predictions thread,, where i felt it had more use pertaining to predictions. I realize the number of predictors has grown so i'm not sure that same feeling ( on my part) would apply for this season. It could be a nightmare for CH to go through tons of reports to find the predictions. Maybe if we scaled things down a little bit and only posted late breaking roster moves or injuries pertaining to the nights games, then it might be less jumbled. I'm not even sure if that wouldnt be too hard to follow. CH has a tough job keeping predictions straight ( 1st hand experience) and i wouldnt want to complicate what is an enjoyable exercise for a lot of us in here. I'd love his opinion on it.

As for who is #1 ???? The tittle seems to be vacant,, as no official word ( that i'm aware of anyways) of resignation or replacement has ever been posted. The thread is about the actual MN, and Choc has done a superb job of calculating it, along with upcomming bonus games. If we needed to actually name a new #1,,,, he would get my vote. ;)

The scout thing just never really found its niche as a separate entity IMO. I say can it with no problem. I actually liked things more when it was all just one thread. I do however understand CH's predicament. Perhaps just three threads; Predictions (only that and no discussion), MN Stats as per Choc (only that and no discussion) and a General Discussion thread (where news and views can be posted) would keep things neat and tidy.

In the beginning what brought me to the MN was the comeraderie that developed between posters surrounding the idea of an MN... I fear that has somehow diminished with the expanded format.

It is still a wait and see for me regarding what comes next... I am willing to help where and if I can.

Have you tried contacting HLD? Teus?

whoever is doing the MN calculations that person should be number one, because thats what this whole thing is about... that clinch date

The scout thing just never really found its niche as a separate entity IMO. I say can it with no problem. I actually liked things more when it was all just one thread. I do however understand CH's predicament. Perhaps just three threads; Predictions (only that and no discussion), MN Stats as per Choc (only that and no discussion) and a General Discussion thread (where news and views can be posted) would keep things neat and tidy.

In the beginning what brought me to the MN was the comeraderie that developed between posters surrounding the idea of an MN... I fear that has somehow diminished with the expanded format.

It is still a wait and see for me regarding what comes next... I am willing to help where and if I can.

Have you tried contacting HLD? Teus?

I've never PM'ed HLD. I just assumed his family life was a handfull for him at this time. As for Matt.....he was posting this summer, so i know he's still around.

I agree with the rest of your post. I assume your counterparts are on board too. ;):P

I also assume the odd WOOT in Choc's thread would be OK,, right?? :lol:

P.S. I wasnt much a part of the Jeopardy thread last year mainly because it evolved away from hockey (although i found that to be fine). I guess a decision would have to be made about that thread too. Does the administration thread then become the general discussion thread in your scenerio??

Is this how you envision it??

1. The MN 09/10 season

2. East Division Predictions game.

3. General MN discussion ( administration, jeapordy, ect...)

whoever is doing the MN calculations that person should be number one, because thats what this whole thing is about... that clinch date

I agree. If we actually feel the need to name a #1 then he's the man.

Then again ,,,,the Habs are going without a Captain this year so i guess we could mimick that in here. :lol:

On another note.....I havent heard from Choc all summer so i'm really hoping he's still with us. :unsure:

I've never PM'ed HLD. I just assumed his family life was a handfull for him at this time. As for Matt.....he was posting this summer, so i know he's still around.

I agree with the rest of your post. I assume your counterparts are on board too. ;):P

I also assume the odd WOOT in Choc's thread would be OK,, right?? :lol:

P.S. I wasnt much a part of the Jeopardy thread last year mainly because it evolved away from hockey (although i found that to be fine). I guess a decision would have to be made about that thread too. Does the administration thread then become the general discussion thread in your scenerio??

Is this how you envision it??

1. The MN 09/10 season (Choc's baby :))

2. East Division Predictions game. (CH's domain)

3. General MN discussion (news and views, jeapordy, a place for MN Friends to chatter ect...)

4. Admin Thread (see below)

Hmmm... good point. I didn't consider the admin thread as such. It may be necessary to maintain it separate simply for announcements by the Exec or perhaps simply the Number One (that way any important notice regarding the MN is not lost in the shuffle of the other threads). WE NEED CHOC!!! I hope he is still with us and perhaps NWT will still be around to contribute.

I went away...

But the discussion rolled on, I see, and expanded.

I don't mind having the predictions and the scouting merged into one (as I'm with HHN on this one, that the whole MN thing lost some impetus when split into the various parts).

Might I suggest having just two main threads and a third for administration:

1. MN 09/10 (including discussions &c as that's really what it's all about)
  2. MN Predictions 09/10 (including scouting bits & pieces)

In that way, chocolate's MN tracking and stats can prompt discussions and general banter (and otherworldly goings on from the minds of HTL and smiegel). chocolate doesn't necessarily need to read through the banter between postings. The predictions thread is just a little "bit on the side" and, although I do need to be able to read postings between those I make, as the scouting usually takes the same format (and looks the same each time) I can pick the predictions out from between the bits. It also makes the scouting more relevant for all concerned.

Long and short of it is that we hope it's a long season, but a short time before we hit zero! ;)

Hi everybody! It was great (and fun, as usual) to read your new posts in the last couple of pages. I am still here, though I have even busier schedule now, than last year. I should be able to keep up with stats and bonuses, but would not have much time to participate in discussions.

Speaking on threads. I agree with general idea of having one main thread, where all discussions are taking place. We can have a few specialized threads for easy references only (like MN bonus/stats) and special activities (like predictions). I will post bonus/stat info in both treads - the specialized (for easy access if one needs it) and in the main MN thread, as the info is an essential part of discussions around MN.

On numbers - I would suggest to retire our numbers: ##1 and 2 and activate them back when true Number 1 and 2 are back. HLD is the real founder of this place and was a soul and motor of it while he was here. Mateus was (has been, is?) another soul and voice which gave us identity (in w00tness).

See you more closely in a few weeks.

I went away...

But the discussion rolled on, I see, and expanded.

I don't mind having the predictions and the scouting merged into one (as I'm with HHN on this one, that the whole MN thing lost some impetus when split into the various parts).

Might I suggest having just two main threads and a third for administration:

1. MN 09/10 (including discussions &c as that's really what it's all about)
  2. MN Predictions 09/10 (including scouting bits & pieces)

In that way, chocolate's MN tracking and stats can prompt discussions and general banter (and otherworldly goings on from the minds of HTL and smiegel). chocolate doesn't necessarily need to read through the banter between postings. The predictions thread is just a little "bit on the side" and, although I do need to be able to read postings between those I make, as the scouting usually takes the same format (and looks the same each time) I can pick the predictions out from between the bits. It also makes the scouting more relevant for all concerned.

Long and short of it is that we hope it's a long season, but a short time before we hit zero! ;)

Hello CH! I agree with three thread concept the way you've stated (but who am I eh :lol: )... good to see you da man :) And the Braintrust thanks you regarding seeing the significance of Scouting being coupled with Predictions. However rather than a team of scouts, perhaps one scout posting links as I did last year (and I would be willing to pass on the torch)... any other informational reports could be posted in the MN thread as with comment.

Hi everybody! It was great (and fun, as usual) to read your new posts in the last couple of pages. I am still here, though I have even busier schedule now, than last year. I should be able to keep up with stats and bonuses, but would not have much time to participate in discussions.

Speaking on threads. I agree with general idea of having one main thread, where all discussions are taking place. We can have a few specialized threads for easy references only (like MN bonus/stats) and special activities (like predictions). I will post bonus/stat info in both treads - the specialized (for easy access if one needs it) and in the main MN thread, as the info is an essential part of discussions around MN.

On numbers - I would suggest to retire our numbers: ##1 and 2 and activate them back when true Number 1 and 2 are back. HLD is the real founder of this place and was a soul and motor of it while he was here. Mateus was (has been, is?) another soul and voice which gave us identity (in w00tness).

YESSS! We're CHOC-ked! Hey :)

The way I understand CH, the MN Bonus/Stats would be the lead in for the discussion thread. So... no neeed to post twice.

As for the Number issue... good idea I agree. I PM'd HLD but no response as of yet :(

great to see ya back Choc, look forward to your work starting Oct 1

Archived