The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Feb. 12 2008 | Final: 3-2 Tampa Bay

FlHabsFan

Guest mikehabsfan
LOL

Backup goalies are a part of the game, they always have been, and they always will be.

It's getting ridiculous how people in here find any excuse they can to blame our starter's performance on our backup.

I'm sorry, but this is frustrating. Can people please read my entire post? I said send Huet down and play Price, if we have to. Either way, show some confidence in one of our goalies. Right now, it isn't about having a starting and a back up goalie. The team has made it become a big back and forth. Back up goalies are the ones that are supposed to play rarely, with the starting goalie picking up the bulk of the games. When we gave Huet or give Price the chance to play consistently, Huet flourished and I fully believe Price would flourish.

There are many aspects to the game, so it's certainly not as clear cut as just our goalies, but I don't think my argument is as absurd as people are making it out to be. Please let's drop the Huet vs. Price attitude, it doesn't and has never helped the team.

I need to take a breather. This forum is a bit frustrating sometimes, and I'm sorry if I have been frustrating to others. Cheers.

Peace,

Mike

Well put.

Price is a distraction. When Halak was in Montreal, Huet didn't have to worry or even think about thinking that he may lose his spot.

Price needs to be in a position where he's playing regulary, and us(the fans and the media) need to stop bickering about "who's the number one?", or "when Price is going to play?"

Huet #1 Montreal

Price #1 Hamilton

It could be, it sounds strange, but then again confidence is a strange thing.

If this is the case, it doesn't speak well to Huet at all.

But sometimes a coincidence is just that.

Guest CHforever
Well put.

Price is a distraction. When Halak was in Montreal, Huet didn't have to worry or even think about thinking that he may lose his spot.

Price needs to be in a position where he's playing regulary, and us(the fans and the media) need to stop bickering about "who's the number one?", or "when Price is going to play?"

Huet #1 Montreal

Price #1 Hamilton

Well said.

Guest Anetéchrist
Tampa has 3 players they won't move right now and some B level rentals, which I don't see Atlanta being too interested in. This is a small, but good sign to see him at the game.

Well... we might be surprised and learn that Richards is traded for Hossa...

Not that he's worth it but we never know.

Guest kovalev47
Keep telling yourself that one bud but that is not true. Real starter goalies DO NOT allow a bad goal EVERY game which I'm sorry Huet does. Enough is enough...this reminds me when ppl were unwilling to place blame on Theo until the bitter end. Huet is nothing but middle of the road tender.

Most of his games he allows 2 goals or less a game. Also I disagree on what you define as "weak." Why is it Theodore is playing so well now? What happens when Price starts collapsing under pressure ? Who will be the next goalie?

Guest Hoyle00cdn
I'm sorry, but this is frustrating. Can people please read my entire post? I said send Huet down and play Price, if we have to. Either way, show some confidence in one of our goalies. Right now, it isn't about having a starting and a back up goalie. The team has made it become a big back and forth. Back up goalies are the ones that are supposed to play rarely, with the starting goalie picking up the bulk of the games. When we gave Huet or give Price the chance to play consistently, Huet flourished and I fully believe Price would flourish.

There are many aspects to the game, so it's certainly not as clear cut as just our goalies, but I don't think my argument is as absurd as people are making it out to be. Please let's drop the Huet vs. Price attitude, it doesn't and has never helped the team.

I need to take a breather. This forum is a bit frustrating sometimes, and I'm sorry if I have been frustrating to others. Cheers.

Peace,

Mike

Actually Price struggled when Huet got hurt.

You don't sent Huet to the AHL, that's a slap in the face, especially when he's not playing horrible.

There are no head games being played....Gainey made it very clear that Price was going down the Hamilton because January had a light schedule against many under .500 teams. Once January ended and Price had a couple strong games he was called back up.

I don't udnerstand where this whole "psychological" argument is coming from.....Is Huet seeing the team's therapist?

Guest BigWill09
Most of his games he allows 2 goals or less a game. Also I disagree on what you define as "weak." Why is it Theodore is playing so well now? What happens when Price starts collapsing under pressure ? Who will be the next goalie?

IF Price becomes the goaltender that is expected of him by Habs management he will not allow that 1 bad goal a game Huet does (been 2 bad goals a game lately) I like how you try to creat possibilities for the future lets look at now. Huet is not cutting it with his play. Once again IF Price turns into that goalie we expect he will not allow 1 bad goal a game that Huet CLEARLY does. Or am i disrupting fantasy land where your hab goggles distort your view?

Guest answer71

Guys seriously...this little.... goalie controversy thing we have on the go here is utter foolishness... (no-one else but Hab fans). Think about it...you are playing net for the MONTREAL CANADIENS ...I don't give a GD if Dryden or Racicot is backing you up .....you play your heart out that night....period!

Guest Hoyle00cdn
Well put.

Huet #1 Montreal

Price #1 Hamilton

The irony of this argument is that the same people who argue this point, also like to argue that Halak's AHL stats are better then Price's. If this whole ridiculous psychological argument is true, then you think Huet would have been more fearful of his job when Halak was backup.

Archived