The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Feb. 12 2008 | Final: 3-2 Tampa Bay

FlHabsFan

man i duuno, i have my doubts... he didnt even move

He dropped to his knee's and tried to make the same, you can look them up under habs TV and look for game highlights, he completly missed it. It was not the easiest save, but a good goalie has to make those saves

pray that referee Mick McGoo (McGeough?) is not officiating next game either. Koivu was held in front of the net on what could have been the third Habs goal which would have put them up (3-1?) at that point.

Really noticeable that the interference called earlier this year is being let go. Of course, after watching Carolina kick in a goal last night, the NHL officating seems to be going downhill fast!

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
pray that referee Mick McGoo (McGeough?) is not officiating next game either. Koivu was held in front of the net on what could have been the third Habs goal which would have put them up (3-1?) at that point.

Really noticeable that the interference called earlier this year is being let go. Of course, after watching Carolina kick in a goal last night, the NHL officating seems to be going downhill fast!

You could start a whole thread on the Officiating this year. That goal for Carolina was kicked in, brutal, just brutal. However the NHL might close the thread because you would be speaking against the Refs ... lmao

Guest HabFan from NS

Hello Hab Fans

I must say that this is the first time this year that we have lost three in a row. I hope and pray it ends here!!! How can a team that was playing so well as a team fly all to pieces this quickly???

Regroup and win against the Panthers!!

Go Habs Go !!!

Guest Y ASK Y
Hello Hab Fans

I must say that this is the first time this year that we have lost three in a row. I hope and pray it ends here!!! How can a team that was playing so well as a team fly all to pieces this quickly???

Regroup and win against the Panthers!!

Go Habs Go !!!

Easy answer to your question. The Habs are missing Roman Hamrlik. Guys in front (offense) are now trying to help out the weakened defense. This ultimately forces them to get away from their original high scoring ways and natural game. Ever since Hamrlik has been out the Habs have not scored more than 2 goals. They've also made the job for what ever goaltender in net much harder if not impossible.

Fans are blaming the goalies (Huet and Price), the forwards, etc. It's okay. Relax.

If some people would say, "well that show's you how weak and fragile the Canadiens are, that they miss one D-man and they crumble." I just think how much success would any team have if they are missing an important player on their roster. How many games would Detroit win without Lidstrom? How many games would Anaheim win without Pronger or Neidermeyer? Etc. etc. (btw, whether or not Hamrlik is the same calibre as the players I have mentioned is not the point but rather that Hamrlik is a key player to Montreal's defense and just because Montreal is struggling without him doesn't make the Habs a weak team.)

Easy answer to your question. The Habs are missing Roman Hamrlik. Guys in front (offense) are now trying to help out the weakened defense. This ultimately forces them to get away from their original high scoring ways and natural game. Ever since Hamrlik has been out the Habs have not scored more than 2 goals. They've also made the job for what ever goaltender in net much harder if not impossible.

Fans are blaming the goalies (Huet and Price), the forwards, etc. It's okay. Relax.

If some people would say, "well that show's you how weak and fragile the Canadiens are, that they miss one D-man and they crumble." I just think how much success would any team have if they are missing an important player on their roster. How many games would Detroit win without Lidstrom? How many games would Anaheim win without Pronger or Neidermeyer? Etc. etc. (btw, whether or not Hamrlik is the same calibre as the players I have mentioned is not the point but rather that Hamrlik is a key player to Montreal's defense and just because Montreal is struggling without him doesn't make the Habs a weak team.)

I totally agree with what you are saying...the whole team has suffered with Hamrlik being out, and everyone is blaming the goalies. Yes there have been some weak shots that Huet may have let in against Ottawa IMO last night he tried really hard and you could see that in the second and third period, people should be supporting the goalies, because the D has been horrific, and the goalies have basically been all alone out their and we saw that last night when two times the D let Proscal walk right in front of the net, and those shots are hard to stop. I think people should stop blaming the goalies mainly Huet, and blame the rest of the team as well. It takes a team effort to win and lose a game, and the latter of the two has been happening. They need to snap out of it and maybe Hamrlik will be back to help them with that.

Guest Innis_Mor

He is my least favourite ref. It was not a well-ref'd game. I am still not certain Markov was not hooked by Lecavalier (he got all and only stick, from fully behind Markov? :blink: ) on Prospal's goal.

Thing is, the ref's put their whistles away for the 3rd period and "let them play". Tampa recognized this and took advantage. Habs (having dozed off already) didn't pick up on this factor, and were still playing the "new rules" (which were clearly not being enforced).

From what I saw the team let Huet down. What's with the forwards making blind passes into the front of the net...and what's with letting them set up behind the net...they could have put a cool aid stand back there with the time they had!

I understand allowing a team to cycle around the perimeter and not trying to take penalties but someone has to dig in the corners and cover the points. We either stood around or collapsed in front of the net and let them make passess out from behind. We have to get aggressive.

The other thing I hope Carbo saw was how hard Tampa pushed with 5 minutes left. They didn't sit on the lead..we could learn from that.

Archived