The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Feb. 12 2008 | Final: 3-2 Tampa Bay

FlHabsFan

Guest stevesaku
o great there still talking about obyrne...like rlly can they blow it out of proportion anymore?

unfortunately, thats the story the people want to hear about....

Guest HabsMan11
there were at least two people standing in front of him. Perhaps the defence ought to focus on moving people away from the net so that we can really determine whether a goal is soft or not.

The puck hit his midsection and went in, he was clearly ready for it. should never have gone in...but he looked pissed coming off the ice and in the hallway either hes shaken or hes pumped to show hes not as bad as hes been lately...

Guest BigWill09
there were at least two people standing in front of him. Perhaps the defence ought to focus on moving people away from the net so that we can really determine whether a goal is soft or not.

so its the D's fault the puck squeaked through his arm and body? sat behind him and was pushed in? Sorry but thats Huets fault. Second was just as much his fault to. We need to stop defending this man when he just gives up softy goals non stop.

IMO I totally disagree with the comment about Huet. The first goal was 7 hole which is hard to stop for most goalies, and the second one he was double screened. I hope his D give him a better second half, and I hope he stops a lot of pucks like he can and proved last month.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Huet absolutely saw that one and he let it slip by. Look at his reaction, he immediately slumpped down and shook his head. Not a strong period by him, he has to be better! GO HUET GO!

BUT the rest of the team was great. Speed is very apparent and it is leading to odd man rushes and breakaways. Good capitlization of chances too. Great to see Higgins get one!!!

HUET LOCK IT UP! FORWARDS DO WHAT YOU ARE DOING! GO HABS GO!

(defense pray for Hamrlik, a couple misplays but shots are respectable at 9TB 9MON)

Guest Goodtown
I think we need to send Price back down and go back to what actually worked for the Habs in winning games - riding Huet and showing him they didn't need Price up there. That, or send Huet down to the minors and ride Price confidently. Because this is silly, in my opinion.

Peace,

Mike

Huet has not been playing that good, has nothing to do with Price that has played 1 game since being called up!

Guest mikehabsfan
If Huet can't play like a starter with Price on the bench, he doesn't deserve to be a starter. Whether Price is up or not should have no effect on his play.

It's about the team pulling strings, continually going back and forth, and putting so much pressure on the goalies to perform at every moment at every game, or else they will be out and replaced the next one. Putting Price down to the minors, and then randomly bringing him up again is confusing to not just Huet (who was winning games) but also Price, who doesn't deserve the back and forth. Neither Huet or Price has been able to perform well right now with these silly charades. Notice how I just want the team to show some confidence in one of our goalies - I don't think that is too much to ask.

Peace,

Mike

Guest CHforever
i agree..it seems huet cant play with price on the bench. huet has let in 5 goals on his last 13 shots...we need him to be better.

Some may hide behind the facts. Huet may not admit it and like always take all the blame. But you must really suck at psychology to not understand how we've crushed Huet's confidence since Price's recall... I don't know how long it will last, but it's there.

Guest Eazy_Ryder

Man Oh Man Huet really needs to pull up his socks......What happened to him?????And you can't say it's because of pPrice because if that is the case than he is truly no starter

Coincidence that Huet was playing subpar when Price first made the team?

Coincidence Huet won NHL's 3rd star for January when Price was in Hamilton?

Coincidence Huet is playing subpar since Price got called back up?

huet a star in january two bad games and the fans start dumping on him....

I totally agree with you, this is not fair for him considering he basically carried the team last month, people should just give him the benefit of the doubt. IMO

Guest stevesaku
IMO I totally disagree with the comment about Huet. The first goal was 7 hole which is hard to stop for most goalies, and the second one he was double screened. I hope his D give him a better second half, and I hope he stops a lot of pucks like he can and proved last month.

i guess we will have to wait until he lets in 10 goals in 1 period for us to actually question his performance. he let in 2 bad goals, i know it, you know it, guy carbonneau knows it, yvon pedneault and pierre houde know it, and cristobal huet knows it.

Guest Oatmeal777
Huet is one of the best goalies when he's ON, just like Ryder is a great sniper when he's on.

We can't sit here losing games waiting for them to go "on".

Huet has been letting in softies for a while.

Guest BigWill09
huet a star in january two bad games and the fans start dumping on him....

The league can call him a star as much as they want....the fact he allows a weak goal every game since basically being a Hab has finally pushed me over the edge on me finally turning my back to him. Bring on Price, start the process now.

Guest stevesaku
Some may hide behind the facts. Huet may not admit it and like always take all the blame. But you must really suck at psychology to not understand how we've crushed Huet's confidence since Price's recall... I don't know how long it will last, but it's there.

i agree, we have to make a decision...huet knows that price is not up to sit on the bench..

Guest Oatmeal777
Huet is one of the best goalies when he's ON, just like Ryder is a great sniper when he's on.

We can't sit here losing games waiting for them to go "on".

Huet has been letting in softies for a while.

Guest Goodtown

ROFL Suck at psychology?

Guest medic12
Huet absolutely saw that one and he let it slip by. Look at his reaction, he immediately slumpped down and shook his head. Not a strong period by him, he has to be better! GO HUET GO!

BUT the rest of the team was great. Speed is very apparent and it is leading to odd man rushes and breakaways. Good capitlization of chances too. Great to see Higgins get one!!!

(defense pray for Hamrlik, a couple misplays but shots are respectable at 9TB 9MON)

huet reacts like that alot he blames himself for every goal that goes in even when he has no chance

Guest medic12

huet reacts like that alot he blames himself for every goal that goes in even when he has no chance

Guest answer71
I think we need to send Price back down and go back to what actually worked for the Habs in winning games - riding Huet and showing him they didn't need Price up there. That, or send Huet down to the minors and ride Price confidently. Because this is silly, in my opinion.

Peace,

Mike

I figured this post would get jumped on. This is the NHL... not a high school drama club.... there are millions of bucks being made here..... earn 'em!!!! Especially if the guy next to ya is droolin' at the chance to do the same.

Guest Hoyle00cdn

Peace,

Mike

LOL

Backup goalies are a part of the game, they always have been, and they always will be.

It's getting ridiculous how people in here find any excuse they can to blame our starter's performance on our backup.

Guest Twillightzone

Huet knows he should have taken that one (the 2-2 goal). No need to scream for the guys head just yet. Huet just need to get some piece and quiet for say 2 games or so. It wont help him or the team at all with critisicm that he is aware of already. tell a man he suck long enough, guess what the result will be ? The whole goalie thing this year is somewhat hysterical in my opinion.

Archived