The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Feb. 12 2008 | Final: 3-2 Tampa Bay

FlHabsFan

Guest kovalev47
Coincidence that Huet was playing subpar when Price first made the team?

Coincidence Huet won NHL's 3rd star for January when Price was in Hamilton?

Coincidence Huet is playing subpar since Price got called back up?

Agreed.

Guest JIMVINNY
Some may hide behind the facts. Huet may not admit it and like always take all the blame. But you must really suck at psychology to not understand how we've crushed Huet's confidence since Price's recall... I don't know how long it will last, but it's there.

My apologies, Doctor. I was unaware that you were capable of making a long-distance diagnosis regarding Huet's mental health.

Guest kovalev47
The league can call him a star as much as they want....the fact he allows a weak goal every game since basically being a Hab has finally pushed me over the edge on me finally turning my back to him. Bring on Price, start the process now.

Other goalies in the NHL let in goals like this all the times except some Montreal fans scrutinize our goalies on every single goal they allow.

Guest Eazy_Ryder
LOL

Backup goalies are a part of the game, they always have been, and they always will be.

It's getting ridiculous how people in here find any excuse they can to blame our starter's performance on our backup.

AMEN!!!!

Guest JIMVINNY
Other goalies in the NHL let in goals like this all the times except some Montreal fans scrutinize our goalies on every single goal they allow.

Any other excuses you'd care to make for him?

Guest Oatmeal777

Alright, so the man's a coward. That really makes us all feel good going into the playoffs.

Our offence and defence was on fire during Januray and Huet gets 3rd star, coincidence? He was even letting in weak goals then, the men up front compensated.

Even now I'm not saying trade him, but he needs to pick it up and people need to stop making excuses for him.

Guest medic12

Exactly only in montreal are most goals softies and completely unexceptable and inexcuseable unless of course your a rookie

It was somewhat ruff. On both plays he had a few of our players standing right in front of him trying to block the shot, but failing to do so. All they ended up doing was screening him really well. Still it was a good period for the Habs. Just had some back luck.

Guest BigWill09

Keep telling yourself that one bud but that is not true. Real starter goalies DO NOT allow a bad goal EVERY game which I'm sorry Huet does. Enough is enough...this reminds me when ppl were unwilling to place blame on Theo until the bitter end. Huet is nothing but middle of the road tender.

Guest Greek Hab

Well put.

Price is a distraction. When Halak was in Montreal, Huet didn't have to worry or even think about thinking that he may lose his spot.

Price needs to be in a position where he's playing regulary, and us(the fans and the media) need to stop bickering about "who's the number one?", or "when Price is going to play?"

Huet #1 Montreal

Price #1 Hamilton

Guest A. Hemsky
Exactly only in montreal are most goals softies and completely unexceptable and inexcuseable unless of course your a rookie

Elite goalies do let in some weak goals but we've been going through a process where there has been a soft goal almost every game.

Guest Hoyle00cdn

Coincidence Price was sent down, and Huet was made starter in what was technically the EASIEST month of our season?

Archived