The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

HLD_sig.jpg

BANANAS, IN PYJAMAS, ARE COMING IN OUR ZONE…

The Sabres have had our number this year, and unfortunately they’re going to be even harder to beat this time around with the Sabres locker room feeling re-energized. Their acquisition in the trade deadline has paid dividends already with two goals and an assist in his debut, and everyone seems rallied to make the charge during the next five weeks.

The Montreal Canadiens locker room however is not flying high. Why? We just won a game with a convincing third period, and there should be confidence galore with the coaching staff’s and managements vote of confidence in them? Well when you Assistant Captain (Chrissy) answers the goaltender issue with: “uuuhhh….it’s tough….players are used to having that experienced goalie in the room….uuuummmmm….and this is of course a bit weird. But we’ll do our best and work with what we have”

My first reaction to this was AAAAAoRDP4MAAAAAAD2Z5w.jpg

My second reaction to this was jawdrop.gif

And the third reaction was Emotions_Smile_icon_EMOTICON_ANGRY_2978.jpg

First error is that you should never express negative sentiment to the media…especially the Monteral media who could potentially turn it into big pile of poo poo. Next problem is at a time when everyone should be feeling good that their future is in their own hands and not a hired gun, should be thankful and extra motivated to do the job. Third of all, as an assistant captain, one should NEVER put down any of your team-mates, especially your number 1 goalie. Indirectly, Higgins gave Price a “meh” vote of confidence, and if I’m Carey Price I’m not happy. My goalie stick may or may not have a close encounter of the face kind during practice. But that’s why I could never be a professional athlete.

Tonight Price, Higgins, Koivu (who wasn’t flattering either) and the rest of the locker room has to get on the horse, play their solid grinding game, and shut down the Buffalo offense. I’m hoping, and am convinced, that the locker room is following Komisarek and Kovalev, who both have expressed positive reflections on the current roster.

Let me finish by touching on the Hossa issue. It serves Ray Shero right that he get punished for over paying a player and taking out all other sensible GM in the league. You may think it’s smart to give that extra and take out everyone else out of the bid, but personally I think giving a nugget of gold for a roll of scotch tape is NEVER a good trade. Now on top of that his roll of scotch tape is out of commission for a while.

Now I have no ill wishes against Hossa (never a good thing when a player gets injured…OK except Tie Domi), and no doubt that he is a wonderfully talented and consistent player. But I find it more than amusing that Yet another overzealous GM has given up so much potential for the future, and now may get his hired guns services for 2-3 weeks. This is even more amusing when one realises Hossa has not signed a long term contract, has not hinted at signing with the Pens, nor can the Pens afford him with Crosby and Malkin, and the rest of the crew. Of course I should be careful when I say that, because with Ray’s current process of thought, this team may sign all these players and hire garbage bags for the defensive core. I know another team that had superb offensive firing power with 2/3 players in the top 20 scoring leaders, but had to give up on defence to afford all of them. The Tampa Bay Lightning are currently last in the league, and as far as I can tell have no aspirations for the near future. They have one cup to show for it, granted, but if Sydney Crosby spends his career in Pittsburgh and hoists Lord Stanley’s Cup only once, than it would have been a career wasted.

Maybe this will be a learning experience for Ray. Perhaps he should call Bob and learn about building a team slowly but surely in a consistent and more importantly SUSTAINABLE fashion.

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 29, 2008:

POST.jpg

GREAT UPDATE DAGZ! W00T!

and man does it feel good to see the habs in 2nd and still potentially capable to attaining first! w00t w00t!

ah dagz, i never thought id see the day :)

BRING ON THE SABRES! LET PRICE SHUT THEM DOWN!

-Matt

Guest hatethoseleafs
GREAT UPDATE DAGZ! W00T!

and man does it feel good to see the habs in 2nd and still potentially capable to attaining first! w00t w00t!

ah dagz, i never thought id see the day :)

BRING ON THE SABRES! LET PRICE SHUT THEM DOWN!

-Matt

The Sabres are a scary team right now and despite the fact they are now Campbelless, they are still dangerous, however,,,,,,,if they're whats between us and first place tonight,,,,,LOOK OUT SABRES. ;)

The Sabres are a scary team right now and despite the fact they are now Campbelless, they are still dangerous, however,,,,,,,if they're whats between us and first place tonight,,,,,LOOK OUT SABRES. ;)
Let's hope that a Sabres High after their last victory translates into a low tonight... seems to me the Last time they blew out a team their next game was not near as prolific.

i know what you mean HTL, but this is a habs team looking to prove everyone wrong, and a top three seeding in the playoffs would do just that, and being called the north east divisional champs will do even more!

and we gotta get through the sabres to do that!

Guest chocolate

MN Bonus available for 2008.02.29:

...1 or 2 bonuses - if Buffalo loses to Montreal - 4 MN points game

Conference Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - if New Jersey loses to Washington

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Mar. 3rd

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

CH - Mar 6th, vs Phx (Feb 13, MN 43)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

Current MN - 31 (drop by 21 in 13 games in February, pace 1.62)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of February - 29 (at the beginning of February the forecast was 21, the best is 21 and the worst 29).

Guest NWT_Habs_Fan

Update Dagz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!

Well ladies and gents, we finished February with a winning record, beating off the February blues and are at the top of the division. No more talk about building a great team in the next 2-10 years, the time is now...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT BABY, LORD STANLEY HERE WE COME!!!!!

Update Dagz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!

Well ladies and gents, we finished February with a winning record, beating off the February blues and are at the top of the division. No more talk about building a great team in the next 2-10 years, the time is now...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT BABY, LORD STANLEY HERE WE COME!!!!!

w00t!!! w00t!!! w00t!!!

Et le But!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Place in the Division... WAY-TO-G0 HABBIES :):D:)

Guest Flying Lion

Is the MN at 27?

That's kinda what I got from Choc's update.

Tomorrow night is a HUGE game. Not just in MN Land but in the Standings, too. GO HABS GO!

Have I said already how much I (and probably many many others) appreciate the MN?

Thanks for all you do, MNers. Never let up! Never give in!

GO HABS GO!

Guest hatethoseleafs
Is the MN at 27?

That's kinda what I got from Choc's update.

Tomorrow night is a HUGE game. Not just in MN Land but in the Standings, too. GO HABS GO!

Have I said already how much I (and probably many many others) appreciate the MN?

Thanks for all you do, MNers. Never let up! Never give in!

GO HABS GO!

27 is correct :D

someone get me to an emergency room quick!

ive pinched myself so much...that im bleeding! w00t!

Earth to Teus... ??? :lol::lol::lol:

Keep things in perspective will ya... these are the HABS... would you expect any less? Well okay it is kinda more than I expected... but, that's just me... or maybe its Smeigel... then again it could be the other guy (HHN knew the truth in his heart :) well maybe it was just wishful thinking... but it was a thought nevertheless)

Guest hatethoseleafs

Our remaining games--9 HOME --8 Road

Back To Back Games in RED

Devils Canadiens ( Mar 1 )

Canadiens Sharks ( Mar 3 )

Canadiens Coyotes ( Mar 6 )

Canadiens Kings ( Mar 8 )

Canadiens Ducks ( Mar 9 )

Devils Canadiens ( Mar 11 )

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 13 )

Islanders Canadiens ( Mar 15 )

Blues Canadiens ( Mar 18 )

Canadiens Bruins ( Mar 20 )

Bruins Canadiens ( Mar 22)

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 24 )

Canadiens Sabres ( Mar 28 )

Canadiens Maple Leafs ( Mar 29 )

Canadiens Senators ( Apr 1 )

Sabres Canadiens ( Apr 3 )

Maple Leafs Canadiens ( Apr 5 )

Guest chocolate

MN Bonus available for 2008.03.01:

No bonuses are available. A loss to Philadelphia (vs NY Islanders) would increase chances for bonuses tomorrow.

Home-Ice bonus - ooh boy, this one is complicated these days

...2 bonuses - if BOTH of the following happen:

...... Pittsburgh loses in regulation to Ottawa

...... Boston loses to Atlanta

...1 bonus - if EITHER of the following 2 happen:

...... New Jersey loses in regulation to Montreal

...... Pittsburgh loses

Division Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - if BOTH Ottawa (vs Pittsburgh) and Boston (versus Atlanta) lose (2 points if they both lose in regulation)

Conference Bonus

...2 bonuses - if BOTH of the following happen:

...... New Jersey loses in regulation to Montreal - 4 points game in the battle for conference

...... Pittsburgh loses to Ottawa

...1 bonus - if New Jersey loses to Montreal

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Mar. 1st

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

CH - Mar 6th, vs Phx (Feb 13, MN 43)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

MN on Feb. 29 was - 27 (drop by 25 in 14 games, pace 1.79)

Current MN - 27 (drop by 0 in 0 games in March, pace 0)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of March - -3 (at the beginning of March the forecast was -3, the best is -3 and the worst -3).

Guest mateus
Good morning Habs fans. My update will be delayed today till about noon. Needless to say we all know where we are in the standings and what the MN is at, but it will be made official soon enough.

booo! my flesh wounds werent enough to get you inspired for an update? :P

HLD_sig.jpg

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT, SO LITTLE BRAIN

There is so much one could talk about as it is, and now we have another game in less than 8 hours for the Conference top seat. The only way I can deal with this is by bullet pointing:

• Good solid game last night. Looking back through my comments this past week, the team is exactly where I was hoping they would be in terms of team strategy.

• We kept the puck out of our zone and dumped it out asap when it got in and frustrated the opponent. No fancy plays…they’re the ones who were forced into trying the “moves” and gave up more odd man rushes than I can count on my fingers and toes.

• We fought hard along the boards and played physically deep in their zone. We frustrated their D into playing a sloppy game (more so as the game went on and frustration levels rose). This also forced them into taking bad penalties.

• Speaking of penalties, the refs missed a brutal hit on Markov and I hope the league gives this animal a suspension for attempt to injure. “Sorry I didn’t see it” is a good enough excuse on the ice, especially given Mac-goo’s eye sight (yes I know that’s not how you spell his name...it’s a pun…get it?). However there is no reason why the league can’t give him a suspension upon video review once the game is over.

• Guillaume…you beautiful ***** you. I’m not sure if it’s because he was nervous, scared or super pumped, but he was hitting like a 5hp jack hammer. No powerful punches, but that arm was moving faster than a 14 year old boy having private time in the washroom. Good on you Guillaume.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Our hold on number one is so fragile that it can evaporate as early as tonight. So we should not get ahead of our selves but continue with the task at hand.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Screw it; since the standings are so fragile, I’ll enjoy the standings for what they are now. I may not get a chance to celebrate #1 in the Division again this year.

• We’re facing New Jersey, and a Martin Brodeur that will be fuming after lst night’s loss. As if he’s not motivated enough as it is when he plays the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, but not he’s going to be super goalie on crack.

• We proved the last game against the Devils, after having come back from a 3-0 deficit in New Jersey, that they are beatable, and we are the better team when we want to be. It will be up to our boys to keep last night’s momentum and instil the tempo on those Devilish bastards.

• I honestly believe that Ottawa’s loosing streak is not over yet, and that we have more than a decent chance to win tonight’s game. We could very well end up top seat in the league with a 3 point cushion in our Division.

• I love the HABS

• The HABS love me (it’s all those love letters I keep getting from Komisarek)

• Plecs was playing awesome last night, but lets give credit where credit is due. Kovalev is by far our MVP this year and anyone who thinks other wise can kiss my hairy brown (and currently sweaty) buttocks.

• I think I’ve said enough.

• OMG we’re #1 in our Division

• Maple Leafs still suck.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 1:

POST.jpg

Guest mateus
HLD_sig.jpg

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT, SO LITTLE BRAIN

There is so much one could talk about as it is, and now we have another game in less than 8 hours for the Conference top seat. The only way I can deal with this is by bullet pointing:

• Good solid game last night. Looking back through my comments this past week, the team is exactly where I was hoping they would be in terms of team strategy.

• We kept the puck out of our zone and dumped it out asap when it got in and frustrated the opponent. No fancy plays…they’re the ones who were forced into trying the “moves” and gave up more odd man rushes than I can count on my fingers and toes.

• We fought hard along the boards and played physically deep in their zone. We frustrated their D into playing a sloppy game (more so as the game went on and frustration levels rose). This also forced them into taking bad penalties.

• Speaking of penalties, the refs missed a brutal hit on Markov and I hope the league gives this animal a suspension for attempt to injure. “Sorry I didn’t see it” is a good enough excuse on the ice, especially given Mac-goo’s eye sight (yes I know that’s not how you spell his name...it’s a pun…get it?). However there is no reason why the league can’t give him a suspension upon video review once the game is over.

• Guillaume…you beautiful ***** you. I’m not sure if it’s because he was nervous, scared or super pumped, but he was hitting like a 5hp jack hammer. No powerful punches, but that arm was moving faster than a 14 year old boy having private time in the washroom. Good on you Guillaume.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Our hold on number one is so fragile that it can evaporate as early as tonight. So we should not get ahead of our selves but continue with the task at hand.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Screw it; since the standings are so fragile, I’ll enjoy the standings for what they are now. I may not get a chance to celebrate #1 in the Division again this year.

• We’re facing New Jersey, and a Martin Brodeur that will be fuming after lst night’s loss. As if he’s not motivated enough as it is when he plays the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, but not he’s going to be super goalie on crack.

• We proved the last game against the Devils, after having come back from a 3-0 deficit in New Jersey, that they are beatable, and we are the better team when we want to be. It will be up to our boys to keep last night’s momentum and instil the tempo on those Devilish bastards.

• I honestly believe that Ottawa’s loosing streak is not over yet, and that we have more than a decent chance to win tonight’s game. We could very well end up top seat in the league with a 3 point cushion in our Division.

• I love the HABS

• The HABS love me (it’s all those love letters I keep getting from Komisarek)

• Plecs was playing awesome last night, but lets give credit where credit is due. Kovalev is by far our MVP this year and anyone who thinks other wise can kiss my hairy brown (and currently sweaty) buttocks.

• I think I’ve said enough.

• OMG we’re #1 in our Division

• Maple Leafs still suck.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 1:

POST.jpg

i knew it would motivate you to surpass your possible abilitities!

its like reading an essay from someone afflicted with ADHD! and its not a bad thing this time of the day! w00t w00t!

enjoy the game tonight ya'll, el general is missing it for an early bday bash. cheers!

-Matt

Guest Cenner Hice

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is this really my team?

In the new Millenium?

I like it.