The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

Guest Onzeee
HLD_sig.jpg

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT, SO LITTLE BRAIN

There is so much one could talk about as it is, and now we have another game in less than 8 hours for the Conference top seat. The only way I can deal with this is by bullet pointing:

• Good solid game last night. Looking back through my comments this past week, the team is exactly where I was hoping they would be in terms of team strategy.

• We kept the puck out of our zone and dumped it out asap when it got in and frustrated the opponent. No fancy plays…they’re the ones who were forced into trying the “moves” and gave up more odd man rushes than I can count on my fingers and toes.

• We fought hard along the boards and played physically deep in their zone. We frustrated their D into playing a sloppy game (more so as the game went on and frustration levels rose). This also forced them into taking bad penalties.

• Speaking of penalties, the refs missed a brutal hit on Markov and I hope the league gives this animal a suspension for attempt to injure. “Sorry I didn’t see it” is a good enough excuse on the ice, especially given Mac-goo’s eye sight (yes I know that’s not how you spell his name...it’s a pun…get it?). However there is no reason why the league can’t give him a suspension upon video review once the game is over.

• Guillaume…you beautiful ***** you. I’m not sure if it’s because he was nervous, scared or super pumped, but he was hitting like a 5hp jack hammer. No powerful punches, but that arm was moving faster than a 14 year old boy having private time in the washroom. Good on you Guillaume.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Our hold on number one is so fragile that it can evaporate as early as tonight. So we should not get ahead of our selves but continue with the task at hand.

• OMG we’re number one.

• Screw it; since the standings are so fragile, I’ll enjoy the standings for what they are now. I may not get a chance to celebrate #1 in the Division again this year.

• We’re facing New Jersey, and a Martin Brodeur that will be fuming after lst night’s loss. As if he’s not motivated enough as it is when he plays the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, but not he’s going to be super goalie on crack.

• We proved the last game against the Devils, after having come back from a 3-0 deficit in New Jersey, that they are beatable, and we are the better team when we want to be. It will be up to our boys to keep last night’s momentum and instil the tempo on those Devilish bastards.

• I honestly believe that Ottawa’s loosing streak is not over yet, and that we have more than a decent chance to win tonight’s game. We could very well end up top seat in the league with a 3 point cushion in our Division.

• I love the HABS

• The HABS love me (it’s all those love letters I keep getting from Komisarek)

• Plecs was playing awesome last night, but lets give credit where credit is due. Kovalev is by far our MVP this year and anyone who thinks other wise can kiss my hairy brown (and currently sweaty) buttocks.

• I think I’ve said enough.

• OMG we’re #1 in our Division

• Maple Leafs still suck.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 1:

POST.jpg

haha great update Dags, i also love it when you lower the MN :D

Guest hatethoseleafs

WERE #1

Our remaining games--8 HOME --8 Road

Back To Back Games in RED

Canadiens Sharks ( Mar 3 )

Canadiens Coyotes ( Mar 6 )

Canadiens Kings ( Mar 8 )

Canadiens Ducks ( Mar 9 )

Devils Canadiens ( Mar 11 )

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 13 )

Islanders Canadiens ( Mar 15 )

Blues Canadiens ( Mar 18 )

Canadiens Bruins ( Mar 20 )

Bruins Canadiens ( Mar 22)

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 24 )

Canadiens Sabres ( Mar 28 )

Canadiens Maple Leafs ( Mar 29 )

Canadiens Senators ( Apr 1 )

Sabres Canadiens ( Apr 3 )

Maple Leafs Canadiens ( Apr 5 )

Guest NWT_Habs_Fan
TWO-FIVE

TWO-FIVE

TWO-FIVE

W)))))))))TTTTTT

woops got to remember to take the finger of shift!

W000000000000000000TTTTT!!!!!!!

Guest hatethoseleafs

And here it is straight from TSN....must have been painfull for them. :lol:

1. Montreal

2. New Jersey

3. Carolina

4. Ottawa

5. Pittsburgh

6. Boston

7. NY Rangers

8. Philadelphia

Guest mateus
And here it is straight from TSN....must have been painfull for them. :lol:

1. Montreal

2. New Jersey

3. Carolina

4. Ottawa

5. Pittsburgh

6. Boston

7. NY Rangers

8. Philadelphia

w00t! w00t!

DAGZ!!! UPDATE IT MAN!!! i wanna see my habs in first!

this is our team! our boys! no more waiting! the future is now!!! w00t w00t!!!

HLD_sig.jpg

HERE IS THE UPDATE YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

It is with great honour, and distinct pleasure that I present you with this update you’ve all ben waiting for, not only over night, but since over a decade. HABS are at the top of the pecking order, and it the playoffs start today we have home advantage and we play the Flyers (whom we’ve more or less dominated).

It was quite the spectacle last night, watching the goaltending dual. One of Price’s qualities that we have all loved and admired, and which incidentally was a big part of the win on Friday and last night is his puck handling skills. By stepping out behind the net, intercepting the dump, and making a play for a quick and devastating transition play leaving 2-3 players deep in our zone while our offensive line is charging through the neutral zone is not only a good way to keep the puck out of our zone and frustrate the opposing team to no degree, but it also allows for more than a few odd man rushes in our favour.

On the other side of the ice of course Mr Brodeur, the greatest puck handling goalie of all times had to show his moves right. Not only would he intercept, and make plays, but he cleared the zone during a PK. What could be more valuable to a Penalty Kill unit when your goalie can clear the zone while you keep the warm bodies from converging towards the back of the net? Well ask that to our boys, because cucumber boy (as in cool as a) was so calm in his demeanour once more, that he wouldn’t be intimidated by the infamous Brodeur. No…Price, in turn, returned the favour when we were killing a penalty and dumped the puck out of our zone. And unless I’m mistaken, with Price’s intervention, our PK last night was better than it has been in recent times.

But it was not all Price. The team, although not very lucky with bouncing pucks, played a solid, safe game, speedy and hard along the boards, and didn’t give too many odd man rushes. We were defensively sound and offensively had many chances. Our transition game was superb and EVERYONE did their job. The moment I’m going to remember the most from the game that got us to the top seat (other than Price emulating one of his idol goaltenders on the PK) is the final shift (or second to last rather) of Smokes and Mad Max. Those 30-40 second they won in the offensive zone was key, and was a reflection of how well this team is playing, not in style or strategy, but as a team. When players accept their roles and thrive to do it to the best of their abilities, things always seem to work out.

If we keep doing this till the end of the season, there is no reason we can’t finish where we are. Especially when your goaltender is 3-0 with a 1.33 GGA and a .956 save percentage since his first defining moment in the NHL. Who could have foreseen that such a blatant vote of confidence on the part of the management and the coaching staff could have catapulted Price into his “zone”? :rolleyes:

So for today enjoy the moment, we’re officially #1 both in NL and in points. Tomorrow I’ll bring you all back down to earth and remind you how fragile the standings are, not that you haven’t noticed one NL brings us to a tie and as far down as seventh.

The battle is far from over, but today and tomorrow, the fact of the mater is WE’RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

PS HTL please let us know if there are any HABS fans in the TML fan forums bringing to light that we’re on top and they’re fighting to stay out of last. That should make for some lame excuses and humorous posts I’m sure.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 2

POST.jpg

Guest chocolate

MN Bonus available for 2008.03.02:

...1 or 2 bonuses - if Buffalo loses to Detroit (2 bonuses if they lose in regulation)

No special bonuses (Home-ice etc.) are available.

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Current MN milestone: 25 has been reached last night - on Mar. 1st. Noone predicted it, though Admiral had the closest guess.

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

CH - Mar 6th, vs Phx (Feb 13, MN 43)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN 25 - Mar.1st, predicted by noone

The next milestone, I believe is 0

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

MN on Feb. 29 was - 27 (drop by 25 in 14 games, pace 1.79)

Current MN - 25 (drop by 2 in 1 games in March, pace 2.00)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

The MN 0 is currently projected (by habs points and bonuses pace) for Mar. 24th (the game vs. Ottawa) (at the beginning of March the projection was Mar. 28, the best - Mar. 24 and the worst - Mar. 28).

Guest hatethoseleafs
PS HTL please let us know if there are any HABS fans in the TML fan forums bringing to light that we’re on top and they’re fighting to stay out of last. That should make for some lame excuses and humorous posts I’m sure.

We got Hab fans everywhere HLD,,,,,including the Leafs forum. Here's a sampling of the celebration.... :D

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/index.php?showtopic=75309

Guest mateus
HLD_sig.jpg

HERE IS THE UPDATE YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

It is with great honour, and distinct pleasure that I present you with this update you’ve all ben waiting for, not only over night, but since over a decade. HABS are at the top of the pecking order, and it the playoffs start today we have home advantage and we play the Flyers (whom we’ve more or less dominated).

It was quite the spectacle last night, watching the goaltending dual. One of Price’s qualities that we have all loved and admired, and which incidentally was a big part of the win on Friday and last night is his puck handling skills. By stepping out behind the net, intercepting the dump, and making a play for a quick and devastating transition play leaving 2-3 players deep in our zone while our offensive line is charging through the neutral zone is not only a good way to keep the puck out of our zone and frustrate the opposing team to no degree, but it also allows for more than a few odd man rushes in our favour.

On the other side of the ice of course Mr Brodeur, the greatest puck handling goalie of all times had to show his moves right. Not only would he intercept, and make plays, but he cleared the zone during a PK. What could be more valuable to a Penalty Kill unit when your goalie can clear the zone while you keep the warm bodies from converging towards the back of the net? Well ask that to our boys, because cucumber boy (as in cool as a) was so calm in his demeanour once more, that he wouldn’t be intimidated by the infamous Brodeur. No…Price, in turn, returned the favour when we were killing a penalty and dumped the puck out of our zone. And unless I’m mistaken, with Price’s intervention, our PK last night was better than it has been in recent times.

But it was not all Price. The team, although not very lucky with bouncing pucks, played a solid, safe game, speedy and hard along the boards, and didn’t give too many odd man rushes. We were defensively sound and offensively had many chances. Our transition game was superb and EVERYONE did their job. The moment I’m going to remember the most from the game that got us to the top seat (other than Price emulating one of his idol goaltenders on the PK) is the final shift (or second to last rather) of Smokes and Mad Max. Those 30-40 second they won in the offensive zone was key, and was a reflection of how well this team is playing, not in style or strategy, but as a team. When players accept their roles and thrive to do it to the best of their abilities, things always seem to work out.

If we keep doing this till the end of the season, there is no reason we can’t finish where we are. Especially when your goaltender is 3-0 with a 1.33 GGA and a .956 save percentage since his first defining moment in the NHL. Who could have foreseen that such a blatant vote of confidence on the part of the management and the coaching staff could have catapulted Price into his “zone”? :rolleyes:

So for today enjoy the moment, we’re officially #1 both in NL and in points. Tomorrow I’ll bring you all back down to earth and remind you how fragile the standings are, not that you haven’t noticed one NL brings us to a tie and as far down as seventh.

The battle is far from over, but today and tomorrow, the fact of the mater is WE’RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

NL STANDINGS MARCH 2

POST.jpg

ladies and gents, i give you the post of the year :)

there are no words to describe what were living right now...aside for my energetic call on saturday night to the team 990 which can be summed up as follows:

announcer: dont pinch yourself too hard you'll be all bruised up!

me: are you kidding? if things keep going as they are someone is going to have to bring me to the emergency room!

that is all gents, im speachless.

w00t(not quite ;) )

-Matt

Guest chocolate

MN Bonus available for 2008.03.032:

No bonuses are available.

Home-ice Bonus

...1 bonus - if EITHER Ottawa (vs Anaheim) or Boston (vs Washington) lose

Division Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - if BOTH Ottawa and Boston (2 bonuses if they both lose in regulation)

MN pace - 2.2 points per habs game

Current MN milestone: 25 has been reached on Mar. 1st. Congratulations to HLD (aka #1, aka Dags) fpr predicting it almost 1 month in advance (my apologies for missing it out yesterday).

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN 25 - Mar.1st, predicted by #1 (Feb.6, MN 46)

The next milestone, I believe is 0

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

MN on Feb. 29 was - 27 (drop by 25 in 14 games, pace 1.79)

Current MN - 23 (drop by 4 in 1 games in March, pace 4.00)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

The MN 0 is currently projected (by habs points and bonuses pace) for Mar. 24th (the game vs. Ottawa) (at the beginning of March the projection was Mar. 28, the best - Mar. 24 and the worst - Mar. 28).

HLD_sig.jpg

I BLAME THE GOVERNMENT!

Many apologies my fellow MNers. I have just stepped in to the office in a franctic rush to get ready for a meeting in 15 minutes. The powers at bee have decided to change the bus route on me to start this prosperous month of March.

As such I have to get going on non-hockey related matters (what a drag!) and I will have to leave the MN numbers update to my Number 2 or better yet chocolate (PS choc…can you re-send the spreadsheet you e-mailed last week please?)

What can I say about tonight that you all don’t know already? It is the beginning of a defining moment in the end of our season. Not only because it will determine in the short run whether we remain in first place, but also because having to face the tough, fast and hard hitting teams of the West will give us a good idea of how deep into the post-season we can make it. It will be a test and gauge of our young team’s character, who thus far in the season has performed beyond expectations.

Onwards and downwards with the MN.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 2, 2008:

POST.jpg

Guest mateus
HLD_sig.jpg

I BLAME THE GOVERNMENT!

Many apologies my fellow MNers. I have just stepped in to the office in a franctic rush to get ready for a meeting in 15 minutes. The powers at bee have decided to change the bus route on me to start this prosperous month of March.

As such I have to get going on non-hockey related matters (what a drag!) and I will have to leave the MN numbers update to my Number 2 or better yet chocolate (PS choc…can you re-send the spreadsheet you e-mailed last week please?)

What can I say about tonight that you all don’t know already? It is the beginning of a defining moment in the end of our season. Not only because it will determine in the short run whether we remain in first place, but also because having to face the tough, fast and hard hitting teams of the West will give us a good idea of how deep into the post-season we can make it. It will be a test and gauge of our young team’s character, who thus far in the season has performed beyond expectations.

Onwards and downwards with the MN.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 2, 2008:

POST.jpg

this si the game of the year for yours truly!

habs vs sharks! w00t! its win-win in my eyes and with all those bonuses available it can be win-win-bonus-w00t!

so heres to hoping for the last option! enjoy the game ya'll!

-Matt

HLD_sig.jpg

NOTCH ONE MORE FEATHER ON THE CAP

It was gut-check time and a test of character for Mr. Price last night and a hefts test of character. Unfortunately the outcome was adverse, but hopefully he will take it as a learning experience and put it in his bag of tricks.

An unlucky goal, a goal which should not have been counted because of a blatantly missed goaltender interference call (not referring to Smokes here, but the third goal) and two other missed goaltender interference goals before the mid way point of the game was enough to throw our young net-minder off his game. We should give credit where credit is due. The Sharks had a clear game plan to disrupt Price’s tempo, and Price fallowed suit. Things could have been different if the refs would have called a fair game, but that also is something the players have to learn to deal with.

The unfortunate truth is rarely will these young jocs play a consistently fair game. The donkey droppings in zebra shirts change moods, tolerance levels and peripheral vision angles from minute to minute. Further more, each poop sack has a different way of judging the game, and interpreting the rules. Oh and in case you’re wondering, I can insult the NHL officiating team and get away with it because I’m not an established or professional journalist. So as Red Fisher has to refrain him self at “questionable call”, I can sit here and write a hundred things that supersede the officiating team in the order of life. Given limited space and time, I’ll limit the list to a random ten (these are in no particular order):

• A bucket of slime eel (if you don’t know what it looks like: http://assets.espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdo...i/p2-fish05.jpg )

• An elephant’s toe jam

• Michael Moore’s underpants after all you can eat burrito night at the Clinton’s residence

• Jerry’s remains

• That diaper full of HLD junior’s droppings I chucked at a passer by biker.

• A pack of gum

• A decomposed maggot

• A toothpick

• The sticky stuff Zorro the Beagle leaves behind after he has a round with on of our guest’s leg

• Rubber puke

The list can go on, but alas I must get back to work and catch up on my sleep I missed out last night. In the meanwhile if you would like to continue adding to the above list please feel free. I find it rather therapeutic.

NL STANDINGS MARCH 4, 2008:

POST.jpg

Archived