The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

Deep down we all expect the Habs to crush the Bruins ( i say we do it in 3 and the Bruins concede the last game :P )I think fans arent saying it out loud because of the superstition factor and the fear the boys will take them lightly and forget to show up. I have confidence that the coaching staff and team veterans won't let that happen ( including 21,000 insane fans). ;)

Absolutely. As of late in the season, I cannot recall (except one occasion) where we took our lower seated opponent lightly. This has been part of the teams progression, and although young, they possess enough mental strength and capacity to treat each game as a do or die match and play their best. Furthermore, the coaching staff has found a consistent way to motivate the locker room this year (what ever it may be) and this will further help them remain focused.

Guest mateus
Absolutely. As of late in the season, I cannot recall (except one occasion) where we took our lower seated opponent lightly. This has been part of the teams progression, and although young, they possess enough mental strength and capacity to treat each game as a do or die match and play their best. Furthermore, the coaching staff has found a consistent way to motivate the locker room this year (what ever it may be) and this will further help them remain focused.

all i can say is this is going to be one heck of a wild ride!

GO HABS GO!!!

I've noticed around me that there is wide spread fear about Boston coming out hard, with everything they have, and beating us when it counts.

Our last two games against eachother came at a critical time when Boston was trying to hold on to a playoff spot. They played desperation hockey knowing they had to take the two points, and undoubtedly their last two games against us were their best.

However, that is as good as they get...period. If anything, they will play even more reserved in the playoffs, trying to limit our offensive chances. They will try and fore-check, but will fall back immediately when we make the first pass to 3/4 way out of our zone. This is Julien's style, and this has been the Bruins all year. They score a one or two and try and shut down the other team. I don't see them changing this style at this point in the game, since they simply do not have the offensive fire power to compete in an open ice match against us.

So all this to say, Boston will play a defensive game, but will try and fore-check hard and fast. Our success in the early stages of the period (which will outline the remainder of the series) will be based on our transition play. Our tr5ansition play has been our weak link, and as any coach worth half his salt would do, Julien will try and attack that within the perimeters of his game.

If we can counter it in the early stages in the game, and then in spurts as Boston gains momentum, we will have our selves an easy (relativelly speaking by post-season standards) win, and an easy series. With Carey Price playing confidently behind the net and making key passes to help our transition play play out smooths as silk (as has been the case late in the season), this early "danger" should be mitigated fairly quickly and efficiently.

And once Boston falls back and tries to contain us, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Guest hatethoseleafs
I've noticed around me that there is wide spread fear about Boston coming out hard, with everything they have, and beating us when it counts.

Our last two games against eachother came at a critical time when Boston was trying to hold on to a playoff spot. They played desperation hockey knowing they had to take the two points, and undoubtedly their last two games against us were their best.

However, that is as good as they get...period. If anything, they will play even more reserved in the playoffs, trying to limit our offensive chances. They will try and fore-check, but will fall back immediately when we make the first pass to 3/4 way out of our zone. This is Julien's style, and this has been the Bruins all year. They score a one or two and try and shut down the other team. I don't see them changing this style at this point in the game, since they simply do not have the offensive fire power to compete in an open ice match against us.

THEY....WILL LOSE :D:D:D

Guest hatethoseleafs

A tougher game no doubt but that has to serve as a heart breaker for Boston. I cant see them playing any better then they did tonight and our guys we'll use this as a bit of a wakeup. Great experience going forward for the kids. We played great on the road all year and i firmly beleive we will be focused in Boston. Nice to see Kovy redeem himself in O.T.

One more good thing about this win is that there is no pressure to rush Koivu and Soupy back into the series.

Gonna be 3 and 0 this time tomorrow ;););)

WOOT

Guest hatethoseleafs
so am i the only disgrunted one that the habs website is displaying the playoff MN :P

Its actually my latest wallpaper for my desktop. I'm not complaining, but they should update it after each win. :D:D

Guest mateus
A tougher game no doubt but that has to serve as a heart breaker for Boston. I cant see them playing any better then they did tonight and our guys we'll use this as a bit of a wakeup. Great experience going forward for the kids. We played great on the road all year and i firmly beleive we will be focused in Boston. Nice to see Kovy redeem himself in O.T.

One more good thing about this win is that there is no pressure to rush Koivu and Soupy back into the series.

Gonna be 3 and 0 this time tomorrow ;););)

WOOT

i dont know HTL, boston was virtually "this" close. it will either encourage them to work harder(with bergeron back too!) or its going to be the same old story.(which im hoping it is!)

on the koivu situation: this is a good thing, the captain can take all the rest he needs and come back with that bundle of playoff energy only he can bring! its only good news to my ears! w00t!

also, anyone else like the new bell center choir song?

REF YOU...fill in the blank and sing along!

now the only REAL question tonight is: will the go habs gos really be that diminished in beantown? :lol: or will playoffs bring out the true beantown habs :P

Guest hatethoseleafs
i dont know HTL, boston was virtually "this" close. it will either encourage them to work harder(with bergeron back too!) or its going to be the same old story.(which im hoping it is!)

on the koivu situation: this is a good thing, the captain can take all the rest he needs and come back with that bundle of playoff energy only he can bring! its only good news to my ears! w00t!

also, anyone else like the new bell center choir song?

REF YOU...fill in the blank and sing along!

now the only REAL question tonight is: will the go habs gos really be that diminished in beantown? :lol: or will playoffs bring out the true beantown habs :P

Yeah Matt,,,,,it was a close one for sure. I firmly beleive that the Bruins played their best last night, and are not capable of better. If that is indeed their best,,, then any kind of effort near what we gave them in our first game, should be more then enough to get us that 3rd win tonight. Thats my theory anyways and i'm sticking to it. ;)

Guest hatethoseleafs

Another strong outing by Boston but IMO we started to adjust and take control. We were the better team in O.T. but the hockey gods said not tonight. We'll get them Tuesday. ;)

Guest Cenner Hice
Another strong outing by Boston but IMO we started to adjust and take control. We were the better team in O.T. but the hockey gods said not tonight. We'll get them Tuesday. ;)

I have to agree. Not that it's hard to agree with HTL. It's just not fun seeing the Booins put in two good games. Hopefully that was their best effort and, as you say, we can now adjust to how they are playing against us (or just get back to skating well after everything). I'm actually happy that we've had a loss for two main reasons. One: It'll put a bit more fire in the belly of the team; and 2: had we won in 4 straight, there's a greater risk , I think, of complacency and also an inclination to take the foot off the pedal before the next round for teams that go through in 4 straight.

Though I don't want to take too much away from the Bruins, I do have to say that... as well as they (the BOOINS) played, the Habs did not play up to there potential during the last two games... with certain players seemingly MIA and not wanting to get their hands dirty. This is, IMO, the only reason that the series is 2-1 in our favor (could have easily been 4-0).

On a positive note... Mr. Gillette will be happy to know he will bag more bucks for at least a fifth game (third at the Bell Centre)... $,$$$,$$$ ???

Money, Money Honey

Makes the World go round :o

Boston got their win... time to crank it up...

GO HABS GO!!!

OH... and the Zebras are par for the course with their collective nonsense... and that's across the board in most series I've watched so far. Selective officiating is... well it is... simply rediculous.

The advantage in the series is still ours on paper, and on the ice. I'm not worried about this series (yet).

In the meanwhile thinking ahead, had we swept the Booins, we would have had to face a tougher adversary in the second round after having sat around for a week doing nothing. It's always tough to get back into the groove of things after a long break. Last night's loss simply extended the inevitable elimination of the Bruins, which as per the probabilities still be in 5 games (or at worse six). This would give us enough of a break to heal our wounds and rest our vets, whilst remainning somewhat "warm". This is my positive twist on last night's affairs.

On Tuesday however, we need to take the lead and keep pounding to take the Boston fans out of the game. The Bruins were getting pumped up by the fans, who have been pumped up by our crowd extending their team a warm welcome in Montreal. In turn they are motivated to return the favor, especially with almost half their arena in Bleu Blanc et Rouge.

It was inevitable that the team take the Bruins lightly after such a domination. Despite the voice clips claiming that the locker room was focused on the task at hand, and that they were not underestimating Boston, it is too human to let ones guard down. Two games in a row we did it. We got away with it on Saturday night, and such is Karma that we got a wake up slap in the face. Now, the Holy Sponge Bob willing, we can get back to doing what we do best, and stop making the Bruins look better than they are.

On a completely separate note, I felt a little embarrassed of our fans last night. We always make fun of the self-ritious Leafs fans who go on the road and do their obnoxious "we are greater than thou" thing in the stands and local pubs. Now I know we have a team worthy of cheering for at home, or on the road, however some of our guys in the stands sounded like a couple of screaming monkeys during mating season before having had anything to cheer for. If we're up by 3 goals in the third period, I'm all for the Ole-Ole. I don't think that's rubbing salt into the wound, as long as it's done in taste without taunting. However getting Ole Ole's going, in an opposing arena, before anything even happens, or worse when we're down just doesn't jive in my book.

It's great to see the fans try and lift the team. But it should be done in proper hockey fashion. For example when we were down, the HABS fans did not hesitate to let Begin, Smokes, The Tenderness, Kosto, etc... know their appreciation for having painted the boards with "eau de Bruins". This got the team, and particularly Smokes line fired up, and lead to the goal. This is one proper way to cheer on the team in a sportsmanlike and hockeyesque manner. But I have to admire the loyalty of the fans none the less.

With that done, I wish a happy work week to everyone who is working, a happy school week for the student, and for those who neither work nor study...I'm jealous, I hate you all, and I'll give you $20 to switch places. I'll have the bid up on eBay in 15 minutes.

Guest hip_hip_huet

Finally, I find people who are not so overly negative about us losing a game last night. I've been getting endless calls since last night about how the habs are done for, and I've had to remind everyone that the sky isn't falling ... yet. I was actually worried about getting the sweep, because it would fill our young guns with a little too much confidence, so maybe this will bring some of our players back to reality for the remainder of the postseason.

One thing I'm glad for, which I shouldn't be, is that yesterday's loss has seperated some of the bandwagoners from the true fans. Some of my neighbours and class mates have already started taking off their habs flags from their windows just because we can't win 14 straight against the booins ... for shame!

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant. Tricolore Jusqu'au Bout! Oh and Dags, I'll take those 20$ if you write my human phys exam!! :lol:

Finally, I find people who are not so overly negative about us losing a game last night. I've been getting endless calls since last night about how the habs are done for, and I've had to remind everyone that the sky isn't falling ... yet. I was actually worried about getting the sweep, because it would fill our young guns with a little too much confidence, so maybe this will bring some of our players back to reality for the remainder of the postseason.

One thing I'm glad for, which I shouldn't be, is that yesterday's loss has seperated some of the bandwagoners from the true fans. Some of my neighbours and class mates have already started taking off their habs flags from their windows just because we can't win 14 straight against the booins ... for shame!

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant. Tricolore Jusqu'au Bout! Oh and Dags, I'll take those 20$ if you write my human phys exam!! :lol:

:lol: Sry buddy...not eligible to bid. You got school. HLD junior on the other hand...sits around all day...eats, sleeps, plays and gets to rest his wee little head on mommy's bussom whenever he feels like it. That's the life!

Guest hatethoseleafs

I'm somewhat in agreement about the fans chanting HLD. I know on the surface it doesnt appear to be kosher but i've noticed this season that the fans have no problem signing it even when games are tied or even into the first period. I think whats happened is that the song has evolved more into a status thing rather then a motivational tool. The fans just love to sing it. You get involved in the emotion of the game and it just takes over without realizing it. ;)

Guest mateus
I'm somewhat in agreement about the fans chanting HLD. I know on the surface it doesnt appear to be kosher but i've noticed this season that the fans have no problem signing it even when games are tied or even into the first period. I think whats happened is that the song has evolved more into a status thing rather then a motivational tool. The fans just love to sing it. You get involved in the emotion of the game and it just takes over without realizing it. ;)

true, and its slowly becoming like this all over...its no longer a celebration chant and more a "well were at a sports event so lets sing it" chant.

overall the bruins won game 3 and there going to be gunning for game 4.

we need to step it up and tie that desire to win.

and here's to hoping the captain's x-ray comes back good, koivu on the ice would be an added boost!

Guest mateus

talk about a hard fought game, bloody hell that was stressing!

well done by the boys for not quitting though, now let the roar of the bell center push them to #4!

GO HABS GO BABY!

Archived