The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

Guest hatethoseleafs
If we win this series. Who do we play in the 2nd round?

If Philly beats Wash then we get Philly.

If Wash. wins then we get the winner of the Rangers Devils series

Guest chocolate
If Philly beats Wash then we get Philly.

If Wash. wins then we get the winner of the Rangers Devils series

Unless, of coarse, Ottawa beats Pens. :blink:

In the case we play Sens.

Guest hatethoseleafs
Our Habs haven't won yet :o it ain't over until its over as they say. Regardless who the Habs play (should they win :) ), it will be even tougher than it has been vs. the BOOINS.

You are 100% correct Admiral. We both used the word ""IF"" so as not to jinx the boys.( well at least HHF used it and i was responding to it) ;)

Guest hatethoseleafs
Unless, of coarse, Ottawa beats Pens. :blink:

In the case we play Sens.

There's one possible match up gone. Ottawa eliminated 4 zip

Guest 1970 Habs
There's one possible match up gone. Ottawa eliminated 4 zip

Is anyone surprised?

The Admiral suggested that Murray be fired and Bowman hired.

I wonder if offered, whether Bowman would take the helm in Ottawa.

Guest hatethoseleafs
Is anyone surprised?

I'm not surprised they're out, so much as how easy it was to knock them out.

Now i'm hoping for a Philly over Wash. outcome so that the Pens get to most likely face a tougher Rangers team.

Is anyone surprised?

The worst mis-management job I've seen in a while IMO. Supposedly Bowman had considered the helm in Toronto and not surprisingly opted out... however, I think Ottawa would be a perfect fit for him and them. What they had (before Murray butchered it) still has very good elements if managed better.

I'm not surprised they're out, so much as how easy it was to knock them out.

Now i'm hoping for a Philly over Wash. outcome so that the Pens get to most likely face a tougher Rangers team.

I was surprised that the Pens had such an easy go of it too... I thought they would play with more heart and be better organized... it wasn't the case as Murray failed to inspire his charges and react to the Pens strategies.

I hope the Rangers prevail (I think they will now) and beat up good on the Peguins taking them to a long hard fought series... it should be a good one to watch.

But the Flyers will not be pushovers for our Habs methinks (if they do beat the Capitals that is).

Guest hatethoseleafs
I hope the Rangers prevail (I think they will now) and beat up good on the Peguins taking them to a long hard fought series... it should be a good one to watch.

But the Flyers will not be pushovers for our Habs methinks (if they do beat the Capitals that is).

I dont think it would be an easy series for us either HHN ( assuming it goes that way). I beleive its the lesser of two evils facing the Flyers,,, as our luck vs the Rangers has not been too hot. My biggest hope going up against the Flyers is comming out of it quickly and healthy.

Guest hatethoseleafs

Here's another reason i wouldnt want to face the Rangers.

Price would probably crack us all up with one of his now famous one liners if Avery ever pulled this on him. :lol:

Here's another reason i wouldnt want to face the Rangers.

Price would probably crack us all up with one of his now famous one liners if Avery ever pulled this on him. :lol:

What a goof ball. I think Avery lost some of his team mates respect for that one.

As for the rest of the league, no very many think too highly of him in any case.

If he were to pull that on Price, Carbo would send out Hamerlik to clear the front of the net. Roman, as the smart veteran as he is, has shown us various tricks in his tool bag to clear the front of the net without taking a penalty.

Now tonight it's time for Les Boys to finish up Les Buoys. I know most are reluctant to call it a series given superstition, but my word was already out before the series started for a 4-5 game series. My insider sources Crazy Cat Suit Man and heavenly holy Sponge Bob confirmed all this, so I feel confident our HABS won't make a liar out of me.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, now off to work I go...

Guest mateus
What a goof ball. I think Avery lost some of his team mates respect for that one.

As for the rest of the league, no very many think too highly of him in any case.

If he were to pull that on Price, Carbo would send out Hamerlik to clear the front of the net. Roman, as the smart veteran as he is, has shown us various tricks in his tool bag to clear the front of the net without taking a penalty.

Now tonight it's time for Les Boys to finish up Les Buoys. I know most are reluctant to call it a series given superstition, but my word was already out before the series started for a 4-5 game series. My insider sources Crazy Cat Suit Man and heavenly holy Sponge Bob confirmed all this, so I feel confident our HABS won't make a liar out of me.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, now off to work I go...

im just hoping it doesnt turn into a royal rumble!

overall this has been a well and hard fought series, but its time the habs brought it home for the home crowd to boo the bruins away.

cheers to all, and good game!

Guest hatethoseleafs

Well,,,, i didnt have the pleasure of watching this game but the score indicates it wasnt pretty. I'm not even going to attempt the game thread. We wont lose two in a row and i'll be home for the next one . Bruins are going down in 6. ;)

Well,,,, i didnt have the pleasure of watching this game but the score indicates it wasnt pretty. I'm not even going to attempt the game thread. We wont lose two in a row and i'll be home for the next one . Bruins are going down in 6. ;)
It was the shitz... brutal all the way around. I hope Carbs and the boys learned something they can build on and do win the next game.... going forward taking it to the Bruins and not sitting back in defensive mode trying to win a close one again. More MIA's not paying the price... and counting too much on Price.

The defensive stance so early (almost from start to finish) actually took the crowd out of the game rather than the Bruins.

It was the shitz... brutal all the way around. I hope Carbs and the boys learned something they can build on and do win the next game.... going forward taking it to the Bruins and not sitting back in defensive mode trying to win a close one again. More MIA's not paying the price... and counting too much on Price.

The defensive stance so early (almost from start to finish) actually took the crowd out of the game rather than the Bruins.

You're right. That was the quietest we have seen the Bell Center yet. Last four games have not been good ones for us. We stole two and dropped two. I just hope this ugly play doesn't ensue through out the post season, and is simply a result of the bleeping bleep of a bleeping trap. It just tick me off to no extent. No fun to watch, even if we win.

You're right. That was the quietest we have seen the Bell Center yet. Last four games have not been good ones for us. We stole two and dropped two. I just hope this ugly play doesn't ensue through out the post season, and is simply a result of the bleeping bleep of a bleeping trap. It just tick me off to no extent. No fun to watch, even if we win.
I thought I was watching a game from back when the Senators were owning the Habs at the beginning of the Season... too much space and respect has been given to the Bruins after game one... the old one-four gives the Bruins all the time in the world to come at the Habs in waves... why? Carbs Why?

I thought I was watching a game from back when the Senators were owning the Habs at the beginning of the Season... too much space and respect has been given to the Bruins after game one... the old one-four gives the Bruins all the time in the world to come at the Habs in waves... why? Carbs Why?
More of the same for a good part of the game... with all of the experience from Bob Gainey on down through the coaching staff to experienced players on the ice, I think we would all expect more regarding understanding what it takes to win and how to implement it.

Julien had a plan and the Bruins are carrying it out to perfection... well almost.

Take Kovalev out of the game and other Habs will follow... the powerplay, or lack of success thereof, is a good example... and the performance of the line is another.

My wife had a question after the game tonight... why is it so hard for the Habs to get out of their zone and gain the offensive zone and keep it there and a lot easier for the Bruins to do both?

What's Carbo's plan to counteract this, I wonder? The next game has to be different.

Guest mateus
Quote from my wife this morning...

Enough of this "Trap-Crap" already... its time to throw so much caution to the wind and let the Habs superior skill-set shine through... and let it all hang out!

i concur, i hate to say "i told you so" but alot of my uni friends are feeling pretty dumbstruck right now. personally, this is it, game 7 vs the nord...i mean bruins.

will they come out hungry and capable to take the bruins out? maybe, will the bruins come out all guns blazing, definatly.

ladies and gents, this is what we live for. game 7 of the series! lets get to OT and have a fab finish! w00t!

Guest hatethoseleafs

I'm actually looking forward to this game with confidance. The boys have responded well to pressure games all year and i see them getting the job done once again. I beleive we havent lost 4 games in a row all year and i dont think for a second that we will tomorrow night either. ;)

Archived