The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ Philadephia | Feb. 17 2008 | Final: 5-3 Habs

Kindred

Canadiens vs Flyers

HabsFlyers.jpg

no game thread yet so I am throwing this together at the last minute. Thank you to Evelye for her work on the game thread on the french side of the forum ;)

Goals
A. Kovalev MON 26
M. Richards PHI 22

Assists
T. Plekanec MON 32
M. Richards PHI 42

M. Richards PHI 64

Plus/Minus
A. Kovalev MON 10
M. Richards PHI 12

Biron

MartinBiron1.jpg

vs

Price

CareyPrice75.jpg

Guest habs_fan1160

Can someome again remind me why the Habs sit 4th in the conference, and haven't clinched a playoff spot but the Hurricanes who only have 64 pts have and sit third?

Does it have to do with them sitting in top spot within their respected divisions? I believe it was Kindred who told me that last year but I seem to have forgotten why lol.

I hope Ryders back in....better finisher than Dandy...Begin should reaplce Kostopolous...taking lazy penalties recently

that's a good idea as long as he replaces dandy on that line. unfortunately, ryder isn't as fast but i don't think anyone is.

Guest Hoyle00cdn
Can someome again remind me why the Habs sit 4th in the conference, and haven't clinched a playoff spot but the Hurricanes who only have 64 pts have and sit third?

Does it have to do with them sitting in top spot within their respected divisions? I believe it was Kindred who told me that last year but I seem to have forgotten why lol.

yes

yup. the star isn't a 'clinched' spot as much as it's making note that those three teams are their respective division leaders.

that is exactly it ;) that is why the Hurricanes or the Thrashers can go from 10th to 3rd after one game. If there was only 2 divisions in each conference we would be 3rd easily.

As for today we have another golden chance to put more distance between us and the teams chasing us (i,e the Flyers)

Guest mikehabsfan

If we change anything tonight, I hope it is that we win the opposite "way". Instead of the goalie/defence playing terrificly to make up for a lack of offence, I'd like to see the Habs score 5 goals and really win this.

Peace,

Mike

Guest ndnkovalev271139
source on this?well there goes the SO, :rolleyes:

lets wait until after the game before we start praising Price's performance :)

source http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/

and good decision didn't like Smokes play last night ...unable to clear the zone towards the end of the game...was making a lot of mistakes.....

Streit Begin Dandenault......funny little line...just might work

Guest timafurry

The NHL should adopt an NBA-type system regarding playoff positioning. That way, the Habs could still be in the top three even if they're not leading their own division.

Guest chromedome
I hope Ryders back in....better finisher than Dandy...Begin should reaplce Kostopolous...taking lazy penalties recently

Better finisher of what?............dinner? :lol:

that is exactly it ;) that is why the Hurricanes or the Thrashers can go from 10th to 3rd after one game. If there was only 2 divisions in each conference we would be 3rd easily.

As for today we have another golden chance to put more distance between us and the teams chasing us (i,e the Flyers)

and...dare i say it to avoid the jinx?!....a chance to tie the sens.

Guest keithman

went to the game last night.....greatest feeling to witness Price get his first NHL shutout.

Whatever happens tonight, I just hope the habs as a team put on a solid performance.

I wasn't too impressed with Kosto taking lazy penalty and Smolinski doing nothing. so, good to know they are not in tonight, they need to find their respective games.

also, Koivu NEEDS to stop taking penalties.

Guest chromedome
If we change anything tonight, I hope it is that we win the opposite "way". Instead of the goalie/defence playing terrificly to make up for a lack of offence, I'd like to see the Habs score 5 goals and really win this.

Peace,

Mike

I'd certainly be happy with a win in either fashion,however I'm sure it will be even tougher to accomplish tonight in their own "torture chambers"! I'm sure they will use any and all tactics to avoid the same fate in consecutive days.They really don't want to slide any further behind us in the race to the finish line.Let's hope Bouillion can continue his exceptiional play and inspire a few more guys to suck it up and toughen up ! Let's Hammer 'em boys!(pun intended) :lol::rolleyes::P

Archived