The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

I'd love to see a fan along the glass with a sign with a picture of Komi and Elisha Cuthbert, with something like:

"Hey Avery... size does matter!"

lol. that's hilarious. someone should do that.

There are a few players I think are good guys like Straka, Drury, Shanahan, Lundqvuist, and a few of their younger players. The two players I really don't like are Avery and Halloweg. Those two players are making me hate the whole team.

i have a strong distaste for the rangers too but it's not because of the players per se. i don't like 'bought' teams. the rangers have been paying a fortune for their lineup at the expense of smaller market teams for over a decade and they've done little with it. i hope it stays that way :) .

Guest ChuckNorris
I'd love to see a fan along the glass with a sign with a picture of Komi and Elisha Cuthbert, with something like:

Yea but that could backfire if Avery was actually big where it matters.

i have a strong distaste for the rangers too but it's not because of the players per se. i don't like 'bought' teams. the rangers have been paying a fortune for their lineup at the expense of smaller market teams for over a decade and they've done little with it. i hope it stays that way :) .

All New York teams are like that. The Yankees are no different. I despite New York for that same reason. The only reason the Rangers are even able to do it is because everyone wants to live in New York.

All New York teams are like that. The Yankees are no different. I despite New York for that same reason. The only reason the Rangers are even able to do it is because everyone wants to live in New York.

yup. i don't like the yankees either.

Guest chromedome
i think someone is just going into his posts and editing the ***** to Vs now lol. Thank god.Anyway this is an important game for the Habs ego-wise because NJ has now made this 1st place bonanza a 3 way tie. Price should probably start this one as Huet hasn't had much luck against the Rangers this year.

Actually,I thought that it was likely because he hadn't yet gotten into the sauce?!!LOL :P

Guest ndnkovalev271139

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH YOUR A GENIUS LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Guest hockey-goon

Well its gut check time again for the Habs , as well as for Carey Price this will be his first real tough start imo ,He played well in his last 3 games but those games were against imo weak teams . I am also nervous for Kovy in this one he seams to have been taking a lot of hits lately and the Rangers could and will be looking for payola and they know stop Kovy stop the Habs . Lets hope we can get some goal support especially from other lines.

Let the Rangers take penalties. The Habs will beat them up on the score board....where it counts

Exactly!!

Yea but that could backfire if Avery was actually big where it matters.

It's public knowlege that it's not the case ....euhhh.... what? you were not talking about the size of his brain? :lol:

Guest CanadianMike
Price - keep up the solid play.

Koivu - looked a little better last game. I've been on his case all season. Time for him to step it up and stop with the offensive zone hooking penalties.

Higgins - keep working hard. People bash him but he brings a solid 2 way effort every game. I feel a big night tonight.

Kovy-Pleks-Kost - poetry in motion.

Gorges and Bouillion - keep it simple like you have been. Improving every game.

Brisebois - keep supporting the team by buying hot dogs in the press box.

GREAT post and welcome to the boards.

Guest chromedome
Any word yet on starting lines and goalie?? I hope Ryder gets another shot with Koivu and Higgins

What have you got against Koivu and Higgins?Why would you want to see them continue to be held back?My guess is you are going to come back with something like.."didn't he score a great goal last game?"!My answer is,it was more like an "it's about time "goal than a great goal,and it means squat if he only does it every 2 mths or so! I would hope though,that some GM.interpreted it as a re-birth of some kind, and takes him off our hands so that we can get on with trying to find somebody to complement that line.Hopefully,some player that could not only help to get this line to produce,but might also take some of the defensive pressure off of Koivu so that he could maybe concentrate on lerning how to play in this "new "Nhl that doesn't allow short-cuts in restricting opponents progress while carrying the puck or in pusuit of it (ie. hooking)!

Guest den0923
What have you got against Koivu and Higgins?Why would you want to see them continue to be held back?My guess is you are going to come back with something like.."didn't he score a great goal last game?"!My answer is,it was more like an "it's about time "goal than a great goal,and it means squat if he only does it every 2 mths or so! I would hope though,that some GM.interpreted it as a re-birth of some kind, and takes him off our hands so that we can get on with trying to find somebody to complement that line.Hopefully,some player that could not only help to get this line to produce,but might also take some of the defensive pressure off of Koivu so that he could maybe concentrate on lerning how to play in this "new "Nhl that doesn't allow short-cuts in restricting opponents progress while carrying the puck or in pusuit of it (ie. hooking)!

Ryder for Samsonov

Guest TORHABSFAN

I am soo sick of losing to these guys..

Tonight we get revenge.. Tonight we play 60 minutes and we earn 2 points.. No more colapses!!! No lead is too big If we are fourtunate enough to get a 3 or 4 or 5 goal lead don't let up, We don't win until the final buzzer!

Guest chromedome

Toooo funny!Good one JL. :lol::rolleyes:

Guest chromedome
But we don't need an enforcer... no, no, no... it's savage... it's old... :rolleyes:

Maybe we only need the spirit of a few old-time toughies of former Habs teams...John Ferguson,Lou Fontinato.Chris Nilan ?AHHH Well,we can dream!

Guest TORHABSFAN

Coach Guy Carbonneau will go with Carey Price in goal for his fourth straight start. Tom Kostopoulos, Bryan Smolinski and Patrice Brisebois are all scratches.

Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg is still angry with the unpenalized elbow he took on the chin from Kovalev the last time the Rangers were in Montreal. He said it was "a dirty hit. (Kovalev) knew what he was doing...what comes around goes around.".

Steve Dubinsky was in avoidance mode over comments he made to the Daily News about giving Mike Komisarek a rough time after what the Rangers suggested were cheapshots Komisarek dished out on Jagr, again during the February third game. - TSN

Looks like this Hollweg idiot is going to be spending a fair amount of time in the box tonight.. Lets make the Rangers pay for his selfish mistakes. #1 Power Play in the NHL has got to be better then it has been of late..

I just hope nobody gets hurt tonight.

Personally, I don't care who plays with who, I just want the 2 points. We have the same lineup as on Sun. and that worked against the Flappers. Price should be on his game and I think the team is jelling quite nicely. Lots of undercurrents in this one. Komi and Avery, Kosti's hit, Kovy's hit, and the BLOWN lead.

JM2C

Guest d80jcrant

Wait for it. Ryder will have a great game again tonight. Also we do have to get rid of him....

Guest TORHABSFAN
Changing 4 Quarters fo a dollar gets you no-where!!! :rolleyes:

I would rather keep my 4 quaters.. Samsonov is a cancer Ryder is just a slumping player that will be gone in 6 days for something hopefuly a pick.

Guest CanadianMike
Changing 4 Quarters fo a dollar gets you no-where!!! :rolleyes:

give me Ryder anyday. Just the attitude would make me pick Ryder over sammy alone. ;)

I am so pumped for the game tonight. GO HABS!!! Can you smell the playoffs?

Coach Guy Carbonneau will go with Carey Price in goal for his fourth straight start. Tom Kostopoulos, Bryan Smolinski and Patrice Brisebois are all scratches.

Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg is still angry with the unpenalized elbow he took on the chin from Kovalev the last time the Rangers were in Montreal. He said it was "a dirty hit. (Kovalev) knew what he was doing...what comes around goes around.".

Steve Dubinsky was in avoidance mode over comments he made to the Daily News about giving Mike Komisarek a rough time after what the Rangers suggested were cheapshots Komisarek dished out on Jagr, again during the February third game. - TSN

Looks like this Hollweg idiot is going to be spending a fair amount of time in the box tonight.. Lets make the Rangers pay for his selfish mistakes. #1 Power Play in the NHL has got to be better then it has been of late..

I just hope nobody gets hurt tonight.

That truly is my concern... We're already playing with fear when facing them, tonight could be uuuuugly!

Archived