The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest TORHABSFAN
That truly is my concern... We're already playing with fear when facing them, tonight could be uuuuugly!

Yeah I agree especialy when this Hollwig idiot is still holding onto last game and saying dumb things like what goes around comes around.. I fully expect him to elbow Kovalev in the face tonight.

I really really hope I am wrong.. I would rather have a injury free game and a loss then have Kovalev get hurt by this moron.

Yeah I agree especialy when this Hollwig idiot is still holding onto last game and saying dumb things like what goes around comes around.. I fully expect him to elbow Kovalev in the face tonight.

I really really hope I am wrong.. I would rather have a injury free game and a loss then have Kovalev get hurt by this moron.

They wouldn't do that to Pittsbugh (Laraque), Philly (Brashear), Tampa Bay (Roy), Minnesota (Boogaard) or Anaheim, I can tell you that... :rolleyes:

Guest ndnkovalev271139

They're going to try intimating us but I don't think we'll make the mistake like our last confrontation. If we play our speed and skill game we should outplay them and take this game.

The Rangers seem to have lots of success against us with deflected point shots. This is where winning faceoffs is going to be key. Losing a defensive-zone faceoff could mean a redirected point shot getting through for a goal. Winning a defensive-zone faceoff could mean clearing the puck instead. After our terrible draw percentage against Philly, I really hope Saku, Lapierre, and Plekanec step it up in the faceoff circle.

That truly is my concern... We're already playing with fear when facing them, tonight could be uuuuugly!

The 2nd goal we scored against the Flyers comes to mind right away when reading this.One word Discipline.If the habs play with discipline like the other night they should come out with the 2 points.They surprised me the other night when Kostitsyn took that hit late in the period in the habs zone,the Philly players all gathered around trying to start a pushing match or fight and the habs made them pay for it by going up ice 4 on 1 and scoring(Bouillons 1st BTW).I hope this is the habs team we see tonight.

Guest den0923
They're going to try intimating us but I don't think we'll make the mistake like our last confrontation. If we play our speed and skill game we should outplay them and take this game.

Hollweg 5'11" 210 lbs....kovalev 6'1"" 224....Komisarek 6' 4" 240

What's the problem ? go get him first and shut him up.

Guest imdocrob

I would really love to see Kovy wear a visor tonite because we all know the goon squad will be going for his head and I would hate to see him with an eye injury or broken nose from a high stick or elbow. Preventative medicine will be needed tonite. I would have keeped Kosty in and every time Howleg stepped on the ice I would send Kosty out to kick his can.

Hollweg 5'11" 210 lbs....kovalev 6'1"" 224....Komisarek 6' 4" 240

What's the problem ? go get him first and shut him up.

Yes, that's pretty even. Hollweg to the box with either Kovalev or Komisarek. Let me think you would get the better in that deal...

Guest habsrool
But we don't need an enforcer... no, no, no... it's savage... it's old... :rolleyes:

No way they just take penalties, cant skate, cant do anything, blah blah blah, if the rangers beat us around like they did last time then well see what people have to say then ;)

Guest den0923
Yes, that's pretty even. Hollweg to the box with either Kovalev or Komisarek. Let me think you would get the better in that deal...

Get fighting outa your mind lol. Hit the man every chance they get. Make him a target. Smart hockey not goon hockey.

Guest ndnkovalev271139
I would really love to see Kovy wear a visor tonite because we all know the goon squad will be going for his head and I would hate to see him with an eye injury or broken nose from a high stick or elbow. Preventative medicine will be needed tonite. I would have keeped Kosty in and every time Howleg stepped on the ice I would send Kosty out to kick his can.

Mon Ami Kovy can take care of himself. I wouldn't be surpised if he pulls the same move he pulled on tucker to that big moronic goon that is hollweg...plus he only plays like max what 7 or 8 minute a game...who's scared of their goons our team can take care of themselves.

Guest habtalk
This game worries me no matter who's in goal for us. The Rangers have found the way to intimidate us out of games this season and it worked every time. Unless we find the Wizard of Oz to give us the much needed courage for this game, or Gainey finds a true enforcer prior to game time, I'm expecting much of the same...

Good work on the thread JL ... the old school 'Original 6' logos are sweet!

And this game is going to be a bit of a gut check. The Rangers play very hard against us and try to intimidate. That said, if we have Begin in the lineup, Kostoupolus, Dandy, Komisarek, Boullion, we should be fine.

If only Chris Nilan was available tonight ...

Mon Ami Kovy can take care of himself. I wouldn't be surpised if he pulls the same move he pulled on tucker to that big moronic goon that is hollweg...plus he only plays like max what 7 or 8 minute a game...who's scared of their goons our team can take care of themselves.

The problem is that it's not only Hollweg. They have Colton Orr, Blair Betts, Brandon Dubinsky and Jason Strudwick as well. The only somewhat fighter that we have is in the pressbox (Kostopoulos).

Guest ndnkovalev271139

If they want to goon it up, let them do so, we'll beat them where it matters, in the scoreboard...and at the end of the day they're fighting for 8th while were fighting for first so i welcome that stupid gameplan if they want to pursue such a game.

Guest Khadgar

As they say in Ultimate Fighting, be first. Don't wait for the goons on the Rangers to come out and be physical and then respond. Do what we did to Phily, be first. Use our speed to be physical. A player doesn't have to be the biggest guy to throw big hits. And all you need to do when they try to start something is skate away. We don't need heros out there we need a victory.

Guest TORHABSFAN
They wouldn't do that to Pittsbugh (Laraque), Philly (Brashear), Tampa Bay (Roy), Minnesota (Boogaard) or Anaheim, I can tell you that... :rolleyes:
I don't nessiarley buy that.. I think If a player is that upset and is holding onto this for that long he would do it to any of those teams.. Only diffrance is he would take a major wooping right after. Which may still happen here we may not have a enforcer but Begin and Boullion will stand up if they have too.. I know its not scarey at all but its the best we got..Funny thing is Kostoplous is another guy who wilol drop them and he is out of the line up tonight.
Exactley great point JL.. Other thing is size doesn't really matter if the small guy is going to play dirty. If Hollwig throws a elbow or a knee on knee or a hit from behined alonmg the boards it doesn't matter how big he is he can really hurt some one.

I don't nessiarley buy that.. I think If a player is that upset and is holding onto this for that long he would do it to any of those teams.. Only diffrance is he would take a major wooping right after. Which may still happen here we may not have a enforcer but Begin and Boullion will stand up if they have too.. I know its not scarey at all but its the best we got..

Funny thing is Kostoplous is another guy who wilol drop them and he is out of the line up tonight.

Goons fight each others. They do play the intimidation card when they know that the other team doesn't have the means to answer back. I know because I've been there. :D

Guest TORHABSFAN
The problem is that it's not only Hollweg. They have Colton Orr, Blair Betts, Brandon Dubinsky and Jason Strudwick as well. The only somewhat fighter that we have is in the pressbox (Kostopoulos).

I agree JL..

Begin and Boullion will fight tonight though..

I know the rangers are going to try to get Komi to drop themk but I don't think he will get sucked in. We can't loose Komi for 5. He will hurt them but with the body checks rather then his fists..

If the game starts to get a little ugly I would use Lapierre in the pest role to try to get them to take dumb calls.

Guest TORHABSFAN
Komisarek just has to lay out Hollwig with a clean check...just flatten him

which a cry baby like Hollwig will probaly think its not clean and then go hit Kostitsyn or Koivu from behind.

Guest den0923

Last game against the Rangers, the habs were taken by surprise when the Rangers changed their tempo and started to intimidate. Tonight Carbo will have them well aware of this posibility and have his team ready. Hollweg mouthing off will only help ours boys be more aware. I am hoping they come out and play smart. Hit them then skate away. Make them pay on the score board. I truly believe this because kovy komi and others are much smarter than hollweg and avery ect...

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Should be just a fantastic game. There is bad blood between these two teams and don't be surprised if you see Begin or someone one else drop the gloves. WILL MAKE FOR A GREAT HOCKEY GAME!

I think our lack of success against the Rangers stems from the faceoff circle. We simply can't win enough draws, not even the important ones in our zone. The Rangers are around tops in the league while we are around the bottom. It could explain the 0-3 record.

BUT THAT RECORD CHANCES TONIGHT!

GO PRICE GO! GO HABS GO! GO WIN GO!

Guest imdocrob

Anyone heard what the lines will be tonite? By the way JL nice thread I think it takes someone with very little class to come on here and belittle someone elses work. Keep up the good work and know that 99% of us support whoever does the game thread no matter what the quality or quantity in it.

Last game against the Rangers, the habs were taken by surprise when the Rangers changed their tempo and started to intimidate. Tonight Carbo will have them well aware of this posibility and have his team ready. Hollweg mouthing off will only help ours boys be more aware. I am hoping they come out and play smart. Hit them then skate away. Make them pay on the score board. I truly believe this because kovy komi and others are much smarter than hollweg and avery ect...

Here's hoping that your right... but they've won the two games before that against us the same way though.

Archived