The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest BadBrains

It's a lock to be a 3-1 win tonight guys. I'll be at the Bell Centre and the last 3 games I have seen live have been 3-1 wins. It'll be 4 in a row tonight. Gonna be great....

Guest den0923
Here's hoping that your right... but they've won the two games before that against us the same way though.

I don't believe they were as intimidating as in the last game if i recall but, i could be wrong. Anyhow I'm glad we agree we need to play smarter.

Guest Hairy Snepsts
GREAT post and welcome to the boards.

Thanks. Long time lurker....for some reason my computer wouldn't work well with this site when I first joined so I didn't bother trying to post again until today. Die hard Habs fan all my life.

As for the game tonight, let that little idiot Hollweg be a distraction and take tons of penalties. Although our toughness is often questioned, we have lots of guys that step up for the team (Bouillion, Gorges, Begin, Kostopolous, Dandenault, etc). However, as much as I love that team toughness, I still think we need a big tough goon to play on the 4th line (i.e. Parros, Laraque, Koci) so teams would stop taking as many liberties as they do against us. Nobody is scared to do it against us and I don't want to see any of our stars get hurt. Hollweg is the worst excuse for a hockey player in the NHL. As much as I hate Avery, at least he can play.

As for whoever said someone should put up a sign that says "Size Does Matter", that was beautiful.

As they say in Ultimate Fighting, be first. Don't wait for the goons on the Rangers to come out and be physical and then respond. Do what we did to Phily, be first. Use our speed to be physical. A player doesn't have to be the biggest guy to throw big hits. And all you need to do when they try to start something is skate away. We don't need heros out there we need a victory.

That's the way I see it too

Komisarek just has to lay out Hollwig with a clean check...just flatten him

There you go :)

and listen to kovy's take on it on habs i/o .... he says he's not worried, let them come after him, either they'll get penalized or they'll get it back when they dont expect it.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-file...alev%208.23.mp3

Guest ndnkovalev271139

Lately i've noticed the NHL has become the NO HIT LEAGUE...i mean guys are dishing out clean hits and then for no reason at all fights break out...what happen to the good old days and they took hits like men. Begin destroyed the philly dude and it was clean as can be, out comes smith like he layed the guy out with a cheap shot. Komisarek's hits are how it should be. But even when he dishes out his clean hits theres guys chasing after him to fight. I mean common get up and play, maybe that's why were tied for first and the rest of the teams are suffering.

Lately i've noticed the NHL has become the NO HIT LEAGUE...i mean guys are dishing out clean hits and then for no reason at all fights break out...what happen to the good old days and they took hits like men. Begin destroyed the philly dude and it was clean as can be, out comes smith like he layed the guy out with a cheap shot. Komisarek's hits are how it should be. But even when he dishes out his clean hits theres guys chasing after him to fight. I mean common get up and play, maybe that's why were tied for first and the rest of the teams are suffering.

I don't know....as far as I remember it's always been this way at this time of year.

Usually if the hit is clean the guys take it pretty well too. It's the head-hunter shots they don't like so much.

Guest ndnkovalev271139
I don't know....as far as I remember it's always been this way at this time of year.

Usually if the hit is clean the guys take it pretty well too. It's the head-hunter shots they don't like so much.

Everytime Komo makes a hit, look for the guy chasing him challenging him to a fight...

Guest TORHABSFAN
I bet it will be rather quiet on that front.

Both teams need the W. Hollweg probably won't get much icetime.

Both teams will be out to play hockey tonight.

It only takes a second to hurt someone..

Guest ndnkovalev271139

He won't do nothing, this kind of talk always happens. Kovy is a smart enough player to avoid such incidents. He gets chased after every game and survives most of the time. Let them do something stupid, last time I checked, we have the best powerplay in the league!

Guest overlords
The good news is that if they put Hollweg against Kovalev's line, the Rangers could be in trouble in their zone.

(Okay, I'll keep telling myself that...) :D

It's true :P. Any more elbows like kovy's and hollweg won't be able to skate anymore anyway, so no worries :P

Guest ndnkovalev271139

Kovy watches himself on video...note to Latendresse...watch yourself and improve...at this rate you'll be the first winner in the slowest skating contest one day.

According to the NY Daily News, Brandon Dubinsky will be playing. He is a 6'11", 210 lb. center. He had this to say about Komi.

"I'm definitely going to be physical on him - I'm not going to let him off the hook ever," Dubinsky said of Komisarek. "I can't say if anything's going to happen. But he's definitely going to be hearing it from me if he's taking any liberties or cheap shots. That's for sure. "

"As far as Jags goes, hockey's a physical game. Guys are going to get hit. He's going to get hit, too. But I'll be in there on the forecheck. I'll be in there if I need to be if anything happens."

Personally, I think he better put on a little more beef. :huh:

According to the NY Daily News, Brandon Dubinsky will be playing. He is a 6'11", 210 lb. center. He had this to say about Komi.

"I'm definitely going to be physical on him - I'm not going to let him off the hook ever," Dubinsky said of Komisarek. "I can't say if anything's going to happen. But he's definitely going to be hearing it from me if he's taking any liberties or cheap shots. That's for sure. "

"As far as Jags goes, hockey's a physical game. Guys are going to get hit. He's going to get hit, too. But I'll be in there on the forecheck. I'll be in there if I need to be if anything happens."

Personally, I think he better put on a little more beef. :huh:

:lol: Try 6'1". ;)

Besides a Habs win and a goal by Chris Higgins all I ask is for Saku to stay out of the box!! <_<

Kovy scoring more than 1 goal..very possible. HAT TRICK Kovy..go for it!

man lay off of saku for the love of god :rolleyes:

Guest d80jcrant
The good news is that if they put Hollweg against Kovalev's line, the Rangers could be in trouble in their zone.

(Okay, I'll keep telling myself that...) :D

If the Rangers take penalties they will be in trouble too

Well its gut check time again for the Habs , as well as for Carey Price this will be his first real tough start imo ,He played well in his last 3 games but those games were against imo weak teams . I am also nervous for Kovy in this one he seams to have been taking a lot of hits lately and the Rangers could and will be looking for payola and they know stop Kovy stop the Habs . Lets hope we can get some goal support especially from other lines.

well kovalev said if they come after me they will get it back or we will get them on the scoreboard.... so either way BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Coach Guy Carbonneau will go with Carey Price in goal for his fourth straight start. Tom Kostopoulos, Bryan Smolinski and Patrice Brisebois are all scratches.Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg is still angry with the unpenalized elbow he took on the chin from Kovalev the last time the Rangers were in Montreal. He said it was "a dirty hit. (Kovalev) knew what he was doing...what comes around goes around.". Steve Dubinsky was in avoidance mode over comments he made to the Daily News about giving Mike Komisarek a rough time after what the Rangers suggested were cheapshots Komisarek dished out on Jagr, again during the February third game. - TSN Looks like this Hollweg idiot is going to be spending a fair amount of time in the box tonight.. Lets make the Rangers pay for his selfish mistakes. #1 Power Play in the NHL has got to be better then it has been of late..I just hope nobody gets hurt tonight.
well the guys need to be aware of when these idiots are on the ice
give me Ryder anyday. Just the attitude would make me pick Ryder over sammy alone. ;) I am so pumped for the game tonight. GO HABS!!! Can you smell the playoffs?
a little smell is starting to generate now yes, its called hockey in the spring

Guest overlords
OOPS,,,,,your right ,,,,6'1",,,,,,,,,,,,damn finger :angry:

LOL. 6'1. and 210. I'd eat him for breakfast :P. Komi who's even bigger than I am would use him as a chew toy.

The problem is that it's not only Hollweg. They have Colton Orr, Blair Betts, Brandon Dubinsky and Jason Strudwick as well. The only somewhat fighter that we have is in the pressbox (Kostopoulos).

stupid move to have stopper sitting out this one

I bet it will be rather quiet on that front.

Both teams need the W. Hollweg probably won't get much icetime.

Both teams will be out to play hockey tonight.

one team will be, the other im not so sure

Archived