The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest Manorrd
lol I tried posting the team celebrating picture thats on TSN. I guess TSN has some sort of blocking script to save bandwidth usage.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230075&hubname=nhl

LOL

Great photo, but was that story written by a Leafs fan OR WHAT?!

9/10th of the article was how Jagr's points places him 10th all time, Shanahan is 23rd on the consecutive 20 goal season's list, pretty "one time" passes, etc.

Then, the final lines of the article is about how Kovalev "was allowed to move into open ice" to tie the game, bad angle shots trickling in, Ryder being "allowed" to "drift in" and make a wrist shot.

No respect!

Trade Ryder now... I dare ya...The problem is most you say trade Ryder when he doesn't score, ya love him when he does. In a perfect world we would have 20+ goals a night and then no one would need to get traded.

Koivu and Higgins struggle and do they get benched? NO. Why? Because they have letters. Being a 2 time 30 goal scorer Ryder deserved the A before Higgins. Higgins gets the A and thinks he can do it himself. The result is they all struggle. If Ryder was signed to a long term contract ,like he should've and given the A, like they should've, we may still have the Koivu, Higgins, Ryder line the top line with the Kovi, Plekanec and Kosti line the ace in the hole.

S Kosti needs to grow a set or maybe he is just young. Montreal need to start drafting some tough goal scorers those can score and fight, not turtle....Komi and Begin need to be there all the time.

However, probably the most exciting game I've watched in long time.

GO HABS GO!!!

Yea, I'll just go get one of them for you.... right in this pile of them over here...

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent tough goal scorer? It's not like we can just go find 8 jarome iginlas every draft. Toronto was trying to build with big "tough" players, and last time I checked, that was working pretty well for them, wasnt it? (sarcasm)

Guest Shadow-Angel
Can't find it. :(

" Jagr also had a hand on the Rangers' next goal as Avery put away a rebound of Carey Price's pad stop on Jagr shortly after the faceoff that followed Dubinsky's goal.

Shanahan chased Price, who allowed three goals on 11 shots, with his 19th goal at 13:56. He got his second of the game against Cristobal Huet 4:35 into the second with Chris Higgins serving a double minor for high-sticking."

When did this happen? Or am I crazy... :blink:

Guest Anetéchrist
No, don't just watch it, TAPE IT and KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I would, believe me, but I don't have a VCR anymore :(I give it a few months away since I never used it... idiot :DJust too bad. I'll have to remember it.It is remarkable, however :DGreekhab,I would also be interested but I believe it is not legal to reproduce the game to sell it... :(I wouldn't put you in legal issues. My girlfriend is a lawyer and she's watching over my shoulder...

Guest overlords
I would, believe me, but I don't have a VCR anymore :(I give it a few months away since I never used it... idiot :DJust too bad. I'll have to remember it.It is remarkable, however :DGreekhab,I would also be interested but I believe it is not legal to reproduce the game to sell it... :(I wouldn't put you in legal issues. My girlfriend is a lawyer and she's watching over my shoulder...

i believe it would be illegal only if after a profit, i believe. Ask your gf though to be sure :D

Guest overlords

i believe it would be illegal only if after a profit, i believe. Ask your gf though to be sure :D

Guest Greek Hab
Express is on.

Hey greekhab, any way we could work out a way for me to get a copy of that dvd :)

Same here. I'll pay for whatever costs that may be incurred.

Of course guys. Just let me record first. :D

Damn, it's 2-0 so far... :P

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Down 5 goals with half the game in the books? NO PROBLEM FOR THE 2008 HABS!

This entire game better be the Highlight of the Night on TSN because it was an emotional rollercoaster! I was extremely depressed, satisfied with the team not giving up, ELECTRIC AFTER THE SHOOTOUT!

I will honestly never, ever forget this game in my life.

We were only watching this game and we felt estatic after the game. Imagine being the players who were in it: they must have the greatest feeling that they have EVER experienced. I can see this win streak continuing.

If Montreal plays with this much determination and passion throughout the rest of the season and the playoffs, they are going to be one hell of a playoff threat and contendor. They can play defense, they can score and the goaltending can make the key saves...

THEY ARE DANGEROUS! THEY ARE CONTENDORS! THEY ARE THE HABS! AND THEY ARE AMAZING!

GO HABS GO!

Guest 77Bourque77
Trade Ryder now... I dare ya...The problem is most you say trade Ryder when he doesn't score, ya love him when he does. In a perfect world we would have 20+ goals a night and then no one would need to get traded.

Koivu and Higgins struggle and do they get benched? NO. Why? Because they have letters. Being a 2 time 30 goal scorer Ryder deserved the A before Higgins. Higgins gets the A and thinks he can do it himself. The result is they all struggle. If Ryder was signed to a long term contract ,like he should've and given the A, like they should've, we may still have the Koivu, Higgins, Ryder line the top line with the Kovi, Plekanec and Kosti line the ace in the hole.

S Kosti needs to grow a set or maybe he is just young. Montreal need to start drafting some tough goal scorers those can score and fight, not turtle....Komi and Begin need to be there all the time.

However, probably the most exciting game I've watched in long time.

GO HABS GO!!!

wow... thats a pretty bold statment to make.

the letter on the jeresy doesnt mean anything about points, its about character. Koivu and Kovy have shown they have character and now higgins has aswell. should then have given ryder an A? no IMO. but that has nothing to do with benching.

and Sergie shuold grow a set? exucse me? have you seen this kid play? he plays harder then lats has ever played this whole season IMO while lats is bigger then him. the kid has been in 3-4 fights already and he was brought up to score,not to fight, and to say he turtled? i would like to see anyone that is smaller then redden take a shoot in the chin and still be standing. and Komi is to valuable to be breaking his hand becuase of a fight.

Guest privateserver

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Montreal stormed back from a 5-0 deficit early in the second with five unanswered goals. -Michael Ryder and Alex Kovalev each scored twice and the Montreal Canadiens staged the biggest comeback in their storied history, rallying from five goals down to beat the New York Rangers 6-5 in a shootout Tuesday night.

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

IF WE CAN DO this we can win a lord stanley this year.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Montreal stormed back from a 5-0 deficit early in the second with five unanswered goals. -Michael Ryder and Alex Kovalev each scored twice and the Montreal Canadiens staged the biggest comeback in their storied history, rallying from five goals down to beat the New York Rangers 6-5 in a shootout Tuesday night.

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

IF WE CAN DO this we can win a lord stanley this year.

Where have you been for the past 90 minutes? lol

Does anyone know if this was truly an historic win?

Have we ever been down this much this late to come back and win?

first time in franchise history to erase a 5 goal deficit

Archived