The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

For the first time in years i can honestly say that i feel that this team, this roster is a cup contender. Nobody can argue the point after the kind of game they played tonight. They never gave up and came back with half a game left. 5 straight goals and Huet was huge in the shootout. I am dead serious with this statement. Im not going to turn around in a few weeks and change my mind, i stand by what i said because this game tonight no matter what happens in the next 21 games proves that when they give it their all, what you saw tonight is the kind of team we have

GO HABS GO!

I'm still smiling at this comeback!!

I was checking out the stats at nhl.com, and I know everyone thinks we need to score more, but did you know we have the 3rd highest goal total IN THE LEAGUE? Only behind the senapukes and Red Wings! I think we've been used to low scoring teams for so long, that it's been ingrained in us that we need more scoring. Well, that's not the case this season!

Once more: WAY TO GO HABS!! YOU GUYS SHOWED THE HEARTS OF GIANTS TONIGHT!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!! ;):D

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Cheers!

Its funny you say that, after I posted on here that I was heading off, I kinda felt like I should continue watching. So I turned the tv back on and watched the rest of the game from the end of the 2nd. I'm really glad I did now.

why would u turn the tv off? if it was 20-0 you still have to have commitment to the team

Its funny you say that, after I posted on here that I was heading off, I kinda felt like I should continue watching. So I turned the tv back on and watched the rest of the game from the end of the 2nd. I'm really glad I did now.
why would u turn the tv off? if it was 20-0 you still have to have commitment to the team
THE DRIVE IS ALIVE!!!!!WHOOOOOOOOOO!!
indeed

Guest Anetéchrist

It is, indeed, illegal, but digital distribution via peer-to-peer software is less dangerous it seems.

It might be more secure to upload it to a p2p service.

Anyway, let me know, GreekHab by PM :D

Guest stevesaku

i dont know what to think. im all confused. i think im going to have to take a sabbath to reflect on what just happened and process it. i dont understand, its like trying to do calculus..

Oh... <_< My... :unsure: God! :P:DB)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

OLEEE OLEE OLEEE OLEEEEEE!!! OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! X 8

OLE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEE OLEEEEE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest stevesaku

can it be?..a team of destiny???

OLE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEE OLEEEEE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!! GO HABS GO!!!! GO HABS GO!!!

Guest ndnkovalev271139

UNBELIEVEABLE...I agree this is the team of destiny...a man called in on the radio...says he's been watching for 40 years...that this is the best team he's seen...ours boys are doing something....THIS IS OUR BOY FOLKS NO ONE GONNA STOP US !!!!!!!! GO HABS GO! PEACE!!

Had to come back to point out that not a single habs player was under 50% on the faceoffs this fine evening.

that was a hugeeeee key to the win. we had alot of possession time the 2nd half of the game

Guest Anetéchrist
hear is where the fun begins. i have a feeling we are gonna score 5 straight and win in the shootout

:lol:

Well... that's one.

Ryder ? Who would have thought ?

Guest Flying Lion

I'll buy that sort of game for more than a dollar ...

It just goes to show what happens when you don't give up.

I read on a wall today that a winner is just a loser that keeps getting back up.

Phenomenal effort by the team.

GO HABS GO!

Never give up!

Never give in!

Guest Shadow-Angel

This win is going to carry this team a long way, as well as the fans.

It will be difficult for us to be negative now that we understand that this team is capable of pulling together and making something out of nothing.

Let's hope the chemistry will stay intact...if there is a trade that is.

Go Habs!

Just checked out and read THE WHOLE GDT at the NYR messageboard. Pretty funny, they thought that THEY got robbed by the refs.

hahahahha what a joke, REFS were enemic tonight.... and obviously rangers fans

Guest Yabasta

I remember when I was younger, when I was like 8-9 years old by that time. I remember some game against the Phillys. We were down 4-0 after 1 period and managed to come back to win 5-4 in overtime I beleive. Would someone be able to trace down that game and give me a link? I'm not too good searching for old habs games...

if it wasnt for the fans, we would have never won this game. They won the game for us.

Fans were incredible tonight, thought the roof was gonna come in on a few occasions

Guest mikehabsfan

I'm almost at a loss for words. People use the statement "I'm at a loss for words" all the time, but rarely is it true. It's used too much. This is one of those moments that I do indeed feel like I don't know what to say. I just want to say a few things for now.

Ryder really amazed me tonight. And I am someone who has been unfortunately unimpressed (generally speaking) from some of his efforts this year. I give him enormous credit tonight though, because scoring those 2 goals in the 2nd practically singlehandedly stole the momentum away from the Rangers and gave it to the Habs. Without those 2 goals, I'm not sure the third would have played out the same way.

Huet didn't have to do too much in the third and OT with the team really playing so well then (way to go HABS!), but I give him huge credit for the shootout. Completely shut the door on the Rangers, and did it with the pressure of that game and the pressure of Price playing well on his shoulders. All that, and Huet has never been great, historically speaking, at shootouts.

Thank you Captain K for scoring the lone shootout goal and winning us this game.

There are so many other things I can say, but this is it for now. I don't mean to leave anybody out who deserves credit - I'm just so proud of everyone right now. I just need to bask in the wonderfulness that I am feeling right now.

If possible, this game tops the New Jersey game. But what the two games have in common is that they were strong comebacks against strong teams that have propelled the Habs even further in the 2nd half of this season. And I love it! GO HABS GO!

Peace,

Mike

Archived