The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest d80jcrant
Just imagine if he got a hat trick to tie this game up

I'd about cream my pants if that happened.

I just got back from ball hockey and I watche dthe game on my PVR. All I have to say is WOW. Unbelievable. I still don't believ it...I am just reading the forum from start to finish...Some funny comments LOL. I watched the game from start to finish cause my brother made me promise I would not fast forward nothing no matter how angry I got.

here is one post above I had to bump to let peopel see just for fun...He was talking about Ryder, LOL

Wow, I kept getting 'sports updates' during a Leafs broadcast here in Ontario and figured the Habs were done for tonight. Then I'm driving home after work listening to 'Sports update' and almost put the old Buick in a ditch when I heard about the comeback. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Incredible......GO HABS GO

Guest d80jcrant
I just can't stop watching. For some reason I still love this team too much :P

I am still rweading the forum. here is a fan....LOL. Habs losing 5-0 and still positive.

Guest mikehabsfan

Ah yes, I remember who else I want to thank. Carbonneau!! He's developed into a great coach this season, and I now can use the word "great" with much confidence with him. He's proved himself, and Gainey was right that while Carbonneau had things to learn, he would really show everyone how well he could develop. Thank you Carbo!

Ryder with 2 goals and an assist. Koivu with an assist and the game winner! Two players that people have been criticizing, and they both were very key in winning this game.

Kovalev with 2 goals! I love this guy. And his comments about when he was on his back and seeing the fans all standing up... he's great.

MARKOV! 2 assists, but his play went beyond that. He was terrific. He always remains in a special place in my Habs heart.

Streit! A goal and 2 assists! Everyone else who contributed! Heck, let me just thank the entire team, please! Way to go HABS!

Edit: Oh, and A Kostitsyn, 2 assists! I love EVERYONE on this team tonight! Haha. So many people played well, I keep leaving someone out.

Peace,

Mike

Guest QbGamer
" Jagr also had a hand on the Rangers' next goal as Avery put away a rebound of Carey Price's pad stop on Jagr shortly after the faceoff that followed Dubinsky's goal.Shanahan chased Price, who allowed three goals on 11 shots, with his 19th goal at 13:56. He got his second of the game against Cristobal Huet 4:35 into the second with Chris Higgins serving a double minor for high-sticking."When did this happen? Or am I crazy... :blink:
They used the term chase alot on the ny feed i was watching.. Pretty much means that he made us change our goalie. He chased carey price out of nets, Like he ran out with his tail between his legs, i thought it was kinda funny when i heard it for the first time tonight. But its not all that bad.I was then watching the phoenix game, they had a question from the fans being explained while thegame was on, the question was, please explain this +- stat that everyone talks about :)Give me a break ;)
i believe it would be illegal only if after a profit, i believe. Ask your gf though to be sure :D
No its 100% illegal and probably isnt allowed to be talked about on the board. so Shhhhhhhhh
why would u turn the tv off? if it was 20-0 you still have to have commitment to the team
LoL, i called that we would win 7-5 tonight, ended up being 6-5.I was only joking with a crazy prediction like that but i was thinking i wanted to see one heck of a game, and thats exactly what i got,Next game im hoping for a 3-2 variety as i dont think the team could handle 2 of these in 1 week ;)

Guest d80jcrant

Huet Really stepped up in the zone and owned the shoot out, especially the second shot. He was a man on a mission. He will have to start the next game, take the ball and run on a hot streak

Guest QbGamer
GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D FREAKIN AMAZING COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hows that mcdonald commericial go,Na Na Na na na, im loven it
Well... that's one.Ryder ? Who would have thought ?
espcially the way he started tonights game, wow he was stinking it up. and then wham 2 goals and almost that third

Komisarek spoke of "being desperate and finding that urgency in our game." Kirk Muller, he said, had bucked the team up after the second period by stressing that there was nothing to lose.

ABSOLUTELY

RIDICULOUSLY

SPECTACULAR

This will not be forgotten. And if I were a gambling adolescent {which I am not :P } I would say that Carbo lit a fire under them in that room and they responded. This was the greatest game I have ever watched, its up there with Saku's comeback and the Stanley Cup in 93', even though I was an oblivious 1 yr old boy.

King Kong Kovy strikes again!

And what can be said about Saku?

WHT A GOAL :D:D

I still think we trade Ryder for Hossa...even after tonight...

Hossa, Kovalchuk and a 1st round pick! :lol:

Guest QbGamer

It is kovy's old team, im sure like anyone else no matter how long its been you always want to show off infront of your ex. Kovalev sure did that tonight

I think this is as good a time as any to take her out :Dstatue_liberte.jpg
Classic
just relised that the habs were all over 50% in the circle again tonightgood job boys
Huge positive, as it seemed like most of those faceoff's were crucial for instance, if we didnt win the one right after scoring that goal, we wouldnt have score 9 seconds later, one of many examples

I'm almost at a loss for words. People use the statement "I'm at a loss for words" all the time, but rarely is it true. It's used too much. This is one of those moments that I do indeed feel like I don't know what to say. I just want to say a few things for now.

Ryder really amazed me tonight. And I am someone who has been unfortunately unimpressed (generally speaking) from some of his efforts this year. I give him enormous credit tonight though, because scoring those 2 goals in the 2nd practically singlehandedly stole the momentum away from the Rangers and gave it to the Habs. Without those 2 goals, I'm not sure the third would have played out the same way.

Huet didn't have to do too much in the third and OT with the team really playing so well then (way to go HABS!), but I give him huge credit for the shootout. Completely shut the door on the Rangers, and did it with the pressure of that game and the pressure of Price playing well on his shoulders. All that, and Huet has never been great, historically speaking, at shootouts.

Thank you Captain K for scoring the lone shootout goal and winning us this game.

There are so many other things I can say, but this is it for now. I don't mean to leave anybody out who deserves credit - I'm just so proud of everyone right now. I just need to bask in the wonderfulness that I am feeling right now.

If possible, this game tops the New Jersey game. But what the two games have in common is that they were strong comebacks against strong teams that have propelled the Habs even further in the 2nd half of this season. And I love it! GO HABS GO!

Peace,

Mike

You're at a loss alright. :D

Guest QbGamer
Huet Really stepped up in the zone and owned the shoot out, especially the second shot. He was a man on a mission. He will have to start the next game, take the ball and run on a hot streak
Huet came up big, i know he wont get much credit for this game, But think about it he was on the sidelines for what 2-3 games now, they call him in cold. After he warmed up he was awsome
Komisarek spoke of "being desperate and finding that urgency in our game." Kirk Muller, he said, had bucked the team up after the second period by stressing that there was nothing to lose.
You have to admit they really played like there wasn anything to lose, each and every D, pinched in as if it was a Powerplay all night lon truely something amazing to watch, as im not used to this style of hockey at all

NHL Network's highlights are with the Ranger's announcer (of course...), and I see that Sam Rosen still calls Kovalev, KovalOv! :lol:

Unbelievable! How long has Kovalev been in the league? He was a Ranger for God's sake, I was getti ng a kick out of it.

Huge positive, as it seemed like most of those faceoff's were crucial for instance, if we didnt win the one right after scoring that goal, we wouldnt have score 9 seconds later, one of many examples

That's one subtle but very important positive from this game. After being trounced in the faceoff circle against Philly, we came back strong tonight:

Koivu: 7/13 54%

Plekanec: 11/18 61%

Lapierre: 7/9 78%

Bégin: 4/8 50% (pretty impressive considering Bégin doesn't even line up at centre very often these days)

Hell, even Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn won their respective single faceoffs. :)

Guest mikehabsfan

I believe that Kovalev is now 11th in the entire league for goals scored (29 goals, with 32 assists as a kicker). And people say we don't have a star player! Haha. With the way Kovalev is going... :D

Peace,

Mike

Archived