The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest habfreak

man...this game felt like it was scripted! Ryder with that fairytale comecack, Kovy with the diving shot to tie it up, Saku scoring the winning goal, Huet stopping Jagr to seal the deal...I don't have much left in my wishlist :D

those 3/4 minutes after the fourth goal...I could almost feel the energy at the Belll Center sitting infront of the TV...those who went to the game must have had the times of their lives..i'm so jealous :P

Guest Come Back Patrick

Rangers coach Tom Renney said. "I give the Montreal fans a ton of credit. That's what you're supposed to do, you're behind your team and they did a great job of that and this hockey team, which is very dangerous, certainly fed off of that and took what we gave them."

I'm sure Carbo's speech before 3rd period looked something like this :

hahahh nice clip man.

Anyhow, great game...even though Kovy's line was -3 total (i think)....they stepped up when they had too...and Ryder, great game buddy.

Guest ComeBackStanley

man what the h-e double hockey sticks? i get in the car from dance to hre not only the 4th goal from the rangers, but the fifth as well, as i'm getting out ryder scores, than get home to see another one which i'm confused to wether its a reallly late replay or not...5-2...i'm ready at around 9:30/9:45 it becomes 5-3 and soon 5-4...annnnddd so i'm an hour late because i HAD to watch the rest of the game with a three goa come back! MAN am i glad that i did...and then i had fun going out and laughing at a friend who likes the rangers...apparently he had tears in his eyes from the come back and alot of other friends who laughed at him lol...and THIs my friends. is why i am a HABS FAN!!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! (that part is possibly the beer talking but really love is all i can have for fellow habs fans!)

Guest HabFan from NS

Well.... what an awesome come from behind win !! I was not able to see the game but went to the website and got the news!! I am looking forward to the high light reels!! Ryder has got his scoring touch back and Kovelav continues his dream season for the Habs. I personally thought I would never see the man become a team player and leader!! It was also nice to see Koivu net the winner in the shootout, Thanks for the saves Huet!!

Go Habs Go!!!!!

Haha, you guys ought to read the Game Thread on the Ranger's site. They were excited, the bragging and then mocking us for a bit but then we start the epic comeback and slowly as the pages go on they start to wonder, yell at the Rangers, pray and then cry/puke.

We've made them more depressed then an emo kid. Almost every one of them has wrapped up the season as a massive lose. They also really hate Kovalev right now. :P

Guest ryderfan73

Is ryder back, hopefully.

Kovalev really has heart this year, something he was lacking last year. Congrads to him on a great season.

Habs turnes it around who would have thought, i was a believer and so was many other people,

Guess i can say this proud Go Habs Go, The drive for 25 is still alive and were in the passenger seat!

Guest martinm87

UNBELIEVABLE! :o :o :o

When Kovalev first scored in the 3rd period I knew we were coming back. 10 seconds later Ryder (now Streit) scored and I knew nothing was gonna stop us from winning. It ignited a spark in the building and you could see and hear it in the players and the fans. The ghosts have returned! :D

Guest Tamara84

Excellent comeback from the habs. Hope they continue to play like this, but I feel bad for Price. Once I saw them lose 3-0 I changed the channel to watch the sens game even though I knew the habs were gonna come back and win. Then in the 3rd I put it back and got to see them go in ot. Just wish they could of win in regular time.

Jagr gets a star but not a single Hab? Talk about favorism there.

oh ya the the head offices in toronto and new york didnt like our comeback one bit

but they can shove it!

I'll never forget last night. For the first 2 periods I was fit to be tied. Then the Ulitmate come back of all time occurs right before my eyes. That was great.

Carey did not deserve that, but I was happy to see HuET get a big win, and a good showing in the shutout.

Well done Canadiens.

I dreamed that Kovalev scored many goals ... Kovalev will score more than 1, mark my words.

Big Game ahead ... let's show NY who's the boss.

Hmm Hmm, Interesting ;)

This was by far the most exciting game of the year ... Im still baffled by this. Incredible.

Guest habsgal
I'll never forget last night. For the first 2 periods I was fit to be tied. Then the Ulitmate come back of all time occurs right before my eyes. That was great.

Carey did not deserve that, but I was happy to see HuET get a big win, and a good showing in the shutout.

Well done Canadiens.

And, Carey was one of the happiest players prancing off the bench at the end of the game. It is very nice to see the camaraderie amongst the players. Carey and Crystal ball are pushing each other.

Archived