The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

Guest TOHABSfan16

Fantastic come back boys. This never give up attitude is a vast improvment over the last few seasons where going down 5-0 would have been the end of it. I think I'm bad luck when I post on the board in game day threads during the game, so for everyone's sake I'm going to reserve my posts for after the games as the boys seem to do much better without me! :D

Yea, I'll just go get one of them for you.... right in this pile of them over here...

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent tough goal scorer? It's not like we can just go find 8 jarome iginlas every draft. Toronto was trying to build with big "tough" players, and last time I checked, that was working pretty well for them, wasnt it? (sarcasm)

Guest old-time Habs fan
We all love this team to death. :D

Near Hat-Trick Hero

Near Hat-trick hero of our Habs,

Helps put Stanley up for grabs!

Coming back from five to nought,

The tail of catching-up was caught.

History made with this mean feat,

Means that anyone, we can beat!

With Kovy as our can-do man,

There’s no one who can spoil our plan!

If Ryder, finally, found his niche,

We’ll overlook the former glitch;

If he can sniper-on in style,

Perhaps, we’ll keep him for awhile!

The Ranger rally really proved,

How much, with will, this team has moved;

If Michael’s confidence has returned,

Then, valuable lessons have been learned!

Shoot, regardless! Shoot, my boy!

Treat, as it’s your favorite toy!

That you won’t part with, out a fight,

And stick by it, with all your might!

Though you may be traded soon,

Show them that you beat the gloom!

With value-added to your stock,

You’re a proven player from the Rock!

GO MIKE GO!

Guest LarryRobinson

I hustled home from work, which takes me through Madison Square Garden. I saw the bars packed with Rangers fans celebrate the early 2-0 lead and got to my apt for the tail end of the 1st period. What a crazy comeback....totally felt like a playoff game. I was on my bed shaking in the 3rd, but felt like a late PP for the Habs would set the stage, and it did. Um...what a move by Koivu.

NYC sports radio played the Rangers broadcasters call of Kovy's PP goal this morning, its so great because he sounds so depressed. All of NYC is in shock, I cant imagine how psyched everyone is in MTL. GO HABS GO.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
Fantastic come back boys. This never give up attitude is a vast improvment over the last few seasons where going down 5-0 would have been the end of it. I think I'm bad luck when I post on the board in game day threads during the game, so for everyone's sake I'm going to reserve my posts for after the games as the boys seem to do much better without me! :D

I know the feeling well ... lol

Guest Innis_Mor
And, Carey was one of the happiest players prancing off the bench at the end of the game. It is very nice to see the camaraderie amongst the players. Carey and Crystal ball are pushing each other.

And that is a reason (the main) reason you keep them both for the play-offs. Huet may be gone come July 1st, but we need him 'till then if we want any chance at the Cup; we need them BOTH !!! We don't mess with this terrific tandem.

Guest voicemajor2000

This team is REALLY showing their Character in the face of adversity. They beat the devils in NJ, They swept the Flyers back to Back. They Exacted some revenge on the Rangers, and didn't quit even when down 5-0. This will stayin the minds of the other teams any time they are up on the Habs in a game. This will also be fuel for the Habs' fire when they need motivation. These are the lessons that winners have to learn. We are re-building a winning tradition in MTL! Go habs Go! This will help us in the playoffs!!!

Guest Innis_Mor
Rangers coach Tom Renney said. "I give the Montreal fans a ton of credit. That's what you're supposed to do, you're behind your team and they did a great job of that and this hockey team, which is very dangerous, certainly fed off of that and took what we gave them."

Yup, "7th man award" to the fans in attendance, and why a game at the Bell Centre is the best in hockey -- fans that are knowledgeable about the game, with a great tradition, and (supportingly) passionate about their team. Other hockey clubs/centres have one or two of these -- only Montreal has all three.

This whole episode (come-back win, huge crowd support) bodes well for the Habs re: home games going forward. Now, I really want the Habs to finish first in the conference -- home ice does finally mean a whole lot to this set of players, and will indeed be of great value come the play-offs.

(I usually only get to go to Leaf home games these days, once or twice a year. I have been in louder churches, churches where there also isn't all the profanity from those in attendance like at Leaf games: ("McCabe, you're a ___________ (fill in the blank)", all game long) -- can hardly stand going anymore (unless the Leafs are playing the Habs! :D . )

Guest Inmate4

I don't have time to read through the 1600+ posts! Crazy!

Just wanted to give kudos to Lapierre and Pleks for bringing their 'A' games

to the face-off circle last night! It's HUGE when you can consistently win face-offs,

especially in the d-zone with 20 seconds left (my heart-rate was at least 140 at that point)!

Just imagine - First in the conference gives us a shot at Boston or Philly!!!

Oh, and it seems Sid is likely ready to play tomorrow! Bring it on!

Guest ndnkovalev271139

Okay guys back down to earth we haven't won the cup yet...i'm still going nuts but another HUGE game this thursday night...crosbys still gone and we can't let them get away this time...MAKE IT 5 LES BOIES!!!

Guest scarface

amazing,unbelievable,outstanding,shock n awe,proud,tearful,excited,mad,etc,etc,etc

this game had it all baby!! i've never been so proud in all my life as hab fan than last night :D .hats off to all you guys last night in the lineup,fantastic job on CARBO to keep the boy's heads in the game.that takes alot of of patience and trust on all the coaching staff.let me be the 1st to thank all of the great talent thats behind the bench as well.could this be 93 team all over again?? stay tuned folks,gonna be a heck of a run to the finish line.

go habs go,go habs go,go habs go!!!!!!

Wow, so proud of the HABS. I woke up this morning with the game still buzzing in my head. Unbelievable HEART...and I posted after the OTTAWA game that we had none...I WAS WRONG!

Great game, great fans, great history.

GO HABS GO

Yup, "7th man award" to the fans in attendance, and why a game at the Bell Centre is the best in hockey -- fans that are knowledgeable about the game, with a great tradition, and (supportingly) passionate about their team. Other hockey clubs/centres have one or two of these -- only Montreal has all three.

This whole episode (come-back win, huge crowd support) bodes well for the Habs re: home games going forward. Now, I really want the Habs to finish first in the conference -- home ice does finally mean a whole lot to this set of players, and will indeed be of great value come the play-offs.

(I usually only get to go to Leaf home games these days, once or twice a year. I have been in louder churches, churches where there also isn't all the profanity from those in attendance like at Leaf games: ("McCabe, you're a ___________ (fill in the blank)", all game long) -- can hardly stand going anymore (unless the Leafs are playing the Habs! :D . )

i give credit to the team as a whole for coming back after a horrendous first period. truly unbelievable! i'm still reeling! (i give zero credit to nhl.com for giving jagr the second star of the night)...but i wanted to say: NICE WORK HABS FANS!!!!! the seventh man has been given just as much credit, if not more, for this miraculous comeback and i'll take it and say thank you!

we take a lot of heat for our passion for the game but i can't imagine any player in the nhl didn't want to be wearing the ch last night. i've been to msg and i don't care how big their market is it's a basketball stadium that puts up posters for a hockey game. there's no arena in hockey like the bell centre because of the crowd (except maybe the forum :) ).

i'm proud to be a habs fan today!

Guest FlHabsFan

Sigh. And todays NHL frozen moment is of Pitt beating John Grahme in Carolina (like thats hard or something). Yesterdays was of people dressed up like mascots (no Yuppi).

Guest Highspeed969

My first post and what a thread to start with!!!!

Way to go HABS!!!!! What an incredible comeback game!! Once in a lifetime type of the game...

Not too much that I can say that hasn't already been said except I just wanna give a shout out to Ryder...

WAY TO GO!!!! He was our best player tonight, even before he scored his first goal.

After watching the Habs score 3 to bring it within 2, my bro said to me that Ryder would score again

(Yeah, Streit got credit for the goal on the stat sheet but it was Ryder's shot)

Once it was 5-4...I knew THIS Habs team could pull out at least the tying goal!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

YAAAAA 5-1

COMEBACK TIMEEEEE :D:lol:

I can't believe i'm actually believing in a comeback

we can't make it 6-5 without the first one!!! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Here we go BEST COMEBACK EVER! ;)

I love to see this sort of positive attitude so early in a game..

I get goose bumps when reading all the posters excitement. Good job people.

Guest MTLCDN4ever

I moved to the US almost 10 years ago and this is the first year I subscribe to Center Ice on cable... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

This was by far the game of the century... sooooo proud! The fans did it and for all those (few) fans that left during the first intermission... you suck! I watched from my tv set about 600 miles away and didn't miss one second of the action. i think my entire building heard my cheers... SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!

The Habs Are Back... 25th cup is on it's way in '08!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

For all the (well-deserved) flak we get about being too tough on players as fans, this was one game where the fans were a huge positive influence on the players. Most other crowds would have left or fallen silent after our terrible start, but the Bell Centre was raucous even at 5-0, and the high energy level really seemed to motivate the boys to keep chipping away at that lead.

And like the Gazette said, where else but in Montreal would you find a crowd applauding and cheering a team for winning a defensive-zone faceoff with less than 20 seconds to go in regulation? :lol:

Guest ndnkovalev271139

MONTREAL IS THE KRAZIEST CITY IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO LOVING ONE TEAM...I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RED SOX IN BOSTON OR LOUSY SOCCER IN ENGLAND................WE LOVE THIS TEAM TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA CITY IS HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

Guest MTLCDN4ever
And like the Gazette said, where else but in Montreal would you find a crowd applauding and cheering a team for winning a defensive-zone faceoff with less than 20 seconds to go in regulation? :lol:

Agreed... but one of my favorite parts of the game was the American announcers chuckling at how the fans were booing even the icing calls against Montreal late in the 3rd... or when the puck was cleared by a Ranger and it was deflected (by Montreal) off the glass into the crowd and the fans booed cause they wanted a penalty... LOL they were cheering everything the Habs did and booed everything the Rangers did no matter what... so much emotion... WOW!

So proud to be a Montrealer and a HUGE Habs fan!

Guest ChitownHabby
I moved to the US almost 10 years ago and this is the first year I subscribe to Center Ice on cable... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

This was by far the game of the century... sooooo proud! The fans did it and for all those (few) fans that left during the first intermission... you suck! I watched from my tv set about 600 miles away and didn't miss one second of the action. i think my entire building heard my cheers... SCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!

The Habs Are Back... 25th cup is on it's way in '08!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

I could not sum up what I was feeling any better...NHL Center ICE was JUSTIFIED for last night, TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

People in my stiff Chicago apartment building probably think I am nuts because I yelled like a mad man when Kovalev scored that 5th goal!

Archived