The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Atlanta @ Montreal | Feb. 26 2008 | Final: 5-1 Habs

fourtrax

Guest Innis_Mor
Wow we just traded Huet to Washington for a 2nd round pick. What were we thinking, this better be something bigger

Correction -- we traded 2-4 months of Huet to the Caps; that's all that is left on his contract -- he would have been signing elsewhere this summer anyway, so Habs got something for him. Heck, if they want him back, they just sign him is summer then -- same thing. I'll trust Habs' management -- Price is #1 now (and knows it now, so watch him take ownership of that!; Halak is good enough for #2.The Habs have three good, young goaltenders. Cap room is being kept to pick up UFA's in the summer (or try). A lot of teams are fairly short-sighted on their contracts for players (look at all Philly has spent, and they are fighting for their lives just to make the play-offs, and I think may just miss).

I like the room chemistry that will be there for the Habs. They know they have a good team. Ryder will be working to make his UFA worth something decent this summer.

Pittsburgh picks up Todd Gill :blink: to shore up their defence ?!?! :blink: I mean, just how bad can your defence be, if you need to add him as an upgrade?

Poor Fletcher in Toronto. Not much he could do with all those 'no trades'. Sundin may leave this summer too (Habs to sign him?). For Toronto it is "look out below".

Guest mikehabsfan

I hope Price impresses tonight, because he's all we've got now. It seems weird, too, because neither Price or Huet have been completely solid in their last few games played. Now that Huet is gone, I need Price to become a consistent #1 goalie. Do it for us, Price!

GO HABS GO!

Peace,

Mike

Guest d80jcrant
I hope Price impresses tonight, because he's all we've got now. It seems weird, too, because neither Price or Huet have been completely solid in their last few games played. Now that Huet is gone, I need Price to become a consistent #1 goalie. Do it for us, Price!

GO HABS GO!

Peace,

Mike

In all fairness to Price he has never played in the NHl knowing heis 100 percent the clear cut starter. I have faith he will step up and deliever.

I'm pretty happy with the way things went today. Teams were asking to much for impact players. Huet was going to walk and we needed to establish someone as the number one goalie here even if they aren't playing great. The good news is Atlanta shouldn't have their new players yet so their team should be even weaker then usual. Hopefully the team can pull out a win and get going in the right direction. Another thing to remember is Thomas Plekanec was a 3rd round pick I believe. We got a second round pick in a deep draft so hopefully we get lucky. I am no confident that Huet will be great in Washington. Their defense is even worse the the Habs defense has been of late.

Guest Goodtown
this wasnt a popular move with the guys today, and to get nothing in return? hahah what a joke.......... should be the beginning of the end tonight

Go cheer for the Laffs then or try and look to beyond this season!

Guest Oatmeal777

The only thing that worries me is that most of the team really liked Huet. I hope they aren't going to harbour resentment against Price or Halak for this.

Thought I doubt that'll happen cause Higgins in particular likes Price too.

I wonder if they are going to shake up the top two lines with this callup. Since we didn't get an impact forward maybe they are going to try and fit Grabs into the top two lines. Perhaps move Pleks or Andrei Kostitsyn to the Koivu line and move Grabs to play with Kovalev and someone else. It's possible I'd think considering that Grabs was centering Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn at the beginning of this season.

Archived