The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cédrick Desjardins

Guest 1970 Habs

Guest 1970 Habs

2346210da625ce57f75443ee21cde359.200.jpg

#33 Cédrick Desjardins

Though Cedrick has a Hamilton contract he is still shown on the Montreal prospects webpage so I feel he deserves a thread.

Player Profile:

Height: 6-0

Weight: 192

Catches: Left

Birthdate: 1985-09-30 Age: 22

Birthplace: Edmunston, New Brunswick, Canada

Undrafted, AHL free agent Contract

2007-08: Signed with Hamilton (NHL status - UFA)

Some background:

Cédrick Desjardins (nicknamed Cédrick The Entertainer) was drafted in 2002 by the Rimouski Océanic in the QMJHL, 200th overall. In the 2004-05 QMJHL season, he became the number one goalie on the team, leading the Océanic, along with the forward Sidney Crosby, to the Memorial Cup final, where they lost 4-0 to the London Knights.

In the off-season, Desjardins was traded to the Québec Remparts. As a 20-year old player that meant it was his last year in the QMJHL. In the QMJHL finals against the Moncton Wildcats, they lost the series 4-2, but they went to the Memorial Cup tournament because Moncton was the host team. In the Memorial Cup finals, against the Wildcats, Desjardins stopping 46 of 48 shots on the way to a 6-2 win and the 2006 Memorial Cup. He also won the Hap Emms Memorial Trophy as the most valuable goaltender at the tournament.

Season Team League GP W L T MIN GA SO GAA SV%

2002-03 Rimouski Océanic QMJHL 23 1 19 0 1239 109 0 5.28 .870

2003-04 Rimouski Océanic QMJHL 20 8 11 0 1119 72 0 3.86 .901

2004-05 Rimouski Océanic QMJHL 44 30 7 4 2439 120 2 2.95 .909

2005-06 Québec Remparts QMJHL 41 28 10 0 2254 111 5 2.95 .906

2006-07 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 36 21 14 0 2168 88 4 2.44 .922

2007-08 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 22 16 4 1 1 1285 41 5 1.92 0.934

Befoore being called up to Hamilton Cedrick was the #1 goalie in the ECHL leading the league in GAA and save percentage.

Guest 1970 Habs
Another good goalie, forgotten in the shuffle.....

Well with Huet gone it opens up a bit of space.

I have a feeling that he will finally be signed to a contract this summer. :D

Guest Greek Hab

Our goalie situation is going to be extremly interesting next year.

- Price & Halak in MTL (Must re-sign Halak next season, since he's RFA)

- Yann Danis in HAM (Will most likely leave, since he's UFA) <--- If Danis stays, our goal situation will be alot less stressed(but it is unlikely).

- Cédrick Desjardins (Will have a definate position in HAM, possibly #1 if signed, since he's also UFA) <--- Hamilton contract.

- Loïc Lacasse (The only Habs goalie left, might make a move to Hamilton beside Desjardins. Hopefully improves his play in the AHL)

- Then the posisiblity of brining in a new goalie. Not an NHL goalie, an experienced AHL goalie, or something.

^^^^^

This is me being short-sighted, but if we want to stick with goalies that our players are familiar with...and when I mean players(I mean Cincinnati Cyclones players, since a huge chunk of our roster in Hamilton, is going to be gone due to UFA status...so I'm expecting alot of new faces in Hamilton next season).

- Maxime Daigneault (Who was the backup in Cincinnati, could be a nice fit) <--- He is a Washinton draft goalie.

- Dov Groumet-Morris (Probably will be the Cinncinati #1 goalie now, since Desjardins is gone) <--- A Nashville prospect goalie.

You know Gainey. He's going to pick up a goalie in the offseason, because he likes to have a solid batch of a position.

Guest swansee
Our goalie situation is going to be extremly interesting next year.

- Price & Halak in MTL (Must re-sign Halak next season, since he's RFA)

- Yann Danis in HAM (Will most likely leave, since he's UFA) <--- If Danis stays, our goal situation will be alot less stressed(but it is unlikely).

- Cédrick Desjardins (Will have a definate position in HAM, possibly #1 if signed, since he's also UFA) <--- Hamilton contract.

- Loïc Lacasse (The only Habs goalie left, might make a move to Hamilton beside Desjardins. Hopefully improves his play in the AHL)

- Then the posisiblity of brining in a new goalie. Not an NHL goalie, an experienced AHL goalie, or something.

^^^^^

This is me being short-sighted, but if we want to stick with goalies that our players are familiar with...and when I mean players(I mean Cincinnati Cyclones players, since a huge chunk of our roster in Hamilton, is going to be gone due to UFA status...so I'm expecting alot of new faces in Hamilton next season).

- Maxime Daigneault (Who was the backup in Cincinnati, could be a nice fit) <--- He is a Washinton draft goalie.

- Dov Groumet-Morris (Probably will be the Cinncinati #1 goalie now, since Desjardins is gone) <--- A Nashville prospect goalie.

You know Gainey. He's going to pick up a goalie in the offseason, because he likes to have a solid batch of a position.

Wasn't there a Canadiens prospect goalie whose name was Heino--------smith???? Montrealdan used to have good things to say about him.......is he still in the picture????

Guest Greek Hab
Wasn't there a Canadiens prospect goalie whose name was Heino--------smith???? Montrealdan used to have good things to say about him.......is he still in the picture????

O yea, I forgot about that guy.

Christopher Heino-Lindberg

It says "Drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the 6th round (177th overall) in 2003."

We havn't given him any type of deal, nor have our affliates(HAM & CIN)...but I think the lastest we have to offer him a deal(due to his draft year) is by the 2008-2009 season.

Guest CambridgeHabsFan

Just wondering what happened to Oliver Michaud? Wasn't he in the Canadiens system for awhile? Last I heard he was in Hamilton but not currently.

Thanks.

Guest RedLightRacicot
O yea, I forgot about that guy.

Christopher Heino-Lindberg

It says "Drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the 6th round (177th overall) in 2003."

We havn't given him any type of deal, nor have our affliates(HAM & CIN)...but I think the lastest we have to offer him a deal(due to his draft year) is by the 2008-2009 season.

I thought I remember reading that we had to sign him by last summer, and that we didn't ! I don't have a source but I couldn't sworn that was the situation. I hope I wrong as we are definitely lacking t depth in goaltending now. No doubt BG will at least use a later pick this year to draft a goaltender.

Maybe 1970 Habs remembers.

Guest Greek Hab
Just wondering what happened to Oliver Michaud? Wasn't he in the Canadiens system for awhile? Last I heard he was in Hamilton but not currently.

Thanks.

Well here he is. Olivier Michaud

He was drafted in 2001, so by now he's probably a rougue free-agent.

His last transaction was in 2006. It says "Released by the Chicago Blackhawks." I have no idea where he is though... :P

Guest 1970 Habs
I thought I remember reading that we had to sign him by last summer, and that we didn't ! I don't have a source but I couldn't sworn that was the situation. I hope I wrong as we are definitely lacking t depth in goaltending now. No doubt BG will at least use a later pick this year to draft a goaltender.

Maybe 1970 Habs remembers.

This is somewhat off topic however I will answer the best I can.

Christopher Heino-Lindberg was drafted in 2003 NHL Entry Draft in 6th round as the 177th pick overall. He was not signed by Montreal last summer and is no longer a Habs prospect. He is currently playing in Sweden in Färjestads BK (also known as FBK or Färjestad).

Färjestads BK is one of the most successful teams in Swedish hockey. It has been a dynasty since the start of Elitserien in 1976, with 17 Swedish Championships finals appearances and 7 gold medals.

Hope I have helped. :D

Guest Greek Hab
It's funny to think that between these goalie prospects (halak, danis, desjardins), the younger one is now the number one! :D

What? Desjardins...

No way man. If you mis-interpreted my post...Desjardins would be #1 only if Danis(is gone) and Halak(is in Montreal).

Guest Tite_Rouge
What? Desjardins...

No way man. If you mis-interpreted my post...Desjardins would be #1 only if Danis(is gone) and Halak(is in Montreal).

No, I was talking about Price! LOL

Guest Greek Hab
No, I was talking about Price! LOL

Ooo...well you didn't add Price to that list.

**If you had said between these goalie prospects: (Halak, Danis, Desjardins, and Price)...I would have understood. But yea...it is true.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs

DESJARDINS NAMED ECHL GOALTENDER OF THE MONTH

The Cincinnati Cyclones announced today that Hamilton Bulldogs goaltender Cedrick Desjardins has been named the RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver of the Month for February. Desjardins becomes the first player in the Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL history to win the award.

Desjardins, 22, posted a 5-0 record during the month, with a .957 save percentage and a 1.40 goals against average. The native of Edmundston, New Brunswick, started the month tying his season high with 39 saves in a 4-1 win at Wheeling on Feb. 1 and turned aside 29 shots in an 8-3 win against Mississippi on Feb. 6. He made 25 saves in a 4-1 win against Mississippi on Feb. 9, before again stopping 39 shots to record his league-leading fifth shutout in a 7-0 win at Trenton on Feb. 15. Desjardins was recalled to Hamilton of the American Hockey League after making 23 stops in a 5-2 win against Johnstown on Feb. 22.

This season, the 6-foot, 183-pound goaltender has a 16-4-0 record with Cincinnati and leads the ECHL in goals against average (1.92), save percentage (.934) and shutouts (5).

Source: http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/index.php?...lay&nid=764

Guest s.k 11
DESJARDINS NAMED ECHL GOALTENDER OF THE MONTH

The Cincinnati Cyclones announced today that Hamilton Bulldogs goaltender Cedrick Desjardins has been named the RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver of the Month for February. Desjardins becomes the first player in the Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL history to win the award.

Desjardins, 22, posted a 5-0 record during the month, with a .957 save percentage and a 1.40 goals against average. The native of Edmundston, New Brunswick, started the month tying his season high with 39 saves in a 4-1 win at Wheeling on Feb. 1 and turned aside 29 shots in an 8-3 win against Mississippi on Feb. 6. He made 25 saves in a 4-1 win against Mississippi on Feb. 9, before again stopping 39 shots to record his league-leading fifth shutout in a 7-0 win at Trenton on Feb. 15. Desjardins was recalled to Hamilton of the American Hockey League after making 23 stops in a 5-2 win against Johnstown on Feb. 22.

This season, the 6-foot, 183-pound goaltender has a 16-4-0 record with Cincinnati and leads the ECHL in goals against average (1.92), save percentage (.934) and shutouts (5).

Source: http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/index.php?...lay&nid=764

WOW. Men we have depth in goal

Guest 1970 Habs
Halak (RFA)

Danis( UFA)

Desjardins( ufa ahl)

Price (singed)

Lacasse

Lets not draft any goalies.

Actually Cédrick was never drafted and is also an NHL UFA at the end of the season.

As for Danis he has a big decision to make.

Does he re-sign and accept the fact that he will never leave the AHL while in the Habs organization? or

Does his agent try to look elsewhere? (i.e. Europe)

He is not in a veruy good situation right now.

Guest feistyboy27

Danis might sign here, hope Halak is traded and then hope he moves up to be the Habs backup. That is possible. I dont mind if he leaves though. I would love to see Desjardins given the chance to be the Bulldogs starter.

I remember him well from juniors. He played for Crosbys team, the Rimouski Oceanic. He was underrated and never got the credit he deserved since the focus on that team was on Crosby and his big line. He helped the team make the Memorial Cup final, and he was spectacular most of the tournament, but a bad goal in the final marred peoples memories of his performance there. He then took Quebec to the Memorial Cup title with some spectacular play. He has an entertaining style I found, he is really athletic and very agile, although I would say technically he isnt the soundest goaltender. He seems like a nice kid and I hope he does well and continues to progress in his pro career.

Guest fansince1975

I think Montreal has plans to sign Loverock. He was at the summer Canadiens training camp.

However, Cedrick Desjardins certainly had some very good numbers in the ECHL. Hopefully he signs with Hamilton next season. After that who knows the future.

As for Danis, I would be shocked if he stayed with the Canadiens organization. Just too many players higher on the list. I doubt Europe. He would just need to sign with an NHL team that is weak in goalie and then hope he impresses in AHL.

Guest 1970 Habs
I think Montreal has plans to sign Loverock. He was at the summer Canadiens training camp.

However, Cedrick Desjardins certainly had some very good numbers in the ECHL. Hopefully he signs with Hamilton next season. After that who knows the future.

As for Danis, I would be shocked if he stayed with the Canadiens organization. Just too many players higher on the list. I doubt Europe. He would just need to sign with an NHL team that is weak in goalie and then hope he impresses in AHL.

Well Andrew Loverock wasn't drafted in 2007 when he was eligible so it would be a free agent signing.

Actually Cédrick was never drafted and is also an NHL UFA at the end of the season.

As for Danis he has a big decision to make.

Does he re-sign and accept the fact that he will never leave the AHL while in the Habs organization? or

Does his agent try to look elsewhere? (i.e. Europe)

He is not in a veruy good situation right now.

Considering he has already passed through waivers, I'd look at making more money in Europe.

Guest miklin

correction to the above-Michaud is still with The St. Jean Chiefs this season. It's really amazing to visit the LNAH web site and see how many ex NHL-AHL-ECHL players are playing for the various teams (Goalies, for example, Eric Fichaud who was once a Bulldog, Islander and a Leaf draft pick, JF Racine who played for the Marlies last year, Luc Belanger (Citadelles), Frederic Henry (everywhere) and the list goes on ad infinitum). The league seems to promote fighting moreso than the Ontario Senior AAA and each team seems to have a hired goon like Brandon Sugden. Sorry-we got off the goalie topic here.

Archived