The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Glimpse Into The Future

Guest GreekHockeyCoach

We got a glimpse into the future last night against Buffalo with the 3 Belarussians playing together and the speed was phenomenal. Grabs centering the Kosti brothers didn't take long for them to score. With such a young team, give me your thoughts on possible line scenarios in a few years from now and how dominant you think they will be.

Guest Janooo
We got a glimpse into the future last night against Buffalo with the 3 Belarussians playing together and the speed was phenomenal. Grabs centering the Kosti brothers didn't take long for them to score. With such a young team, give me your thoughts on possible line scenarios in a few years from now and how dominant you think they will be.

Grabovski was born in East Germany. Maybe his father was a soldier deployed over there?

Guest moe181

I thought it was scary how, as soon as that line was put together BOOM scored.

Definitely something I'll be looking forward to in the future :D

So going with the idea that the kosty bros and grabs make a line, that would mean we'd have to find a new wingman for pleks and kovy...

I'm thinking maybe convert koivu back to a wing position and put him with those 2. So something like...

Koivu-Plekanecs-Kovalev

To be honest, you really could place anyone on that left wing so long as pleks and kovy are there this line will be dominant, what koivu brings is the ability to take the faceoff if pleks gets sent out, or in crucial moments. Also koivu's a good passer, so's kovy and so's pleks, put those 3 together and you'll get some very nice plays I believe :D

Guest habsrule4eva3089

Grabovski has been involved in so many 2 on 1's since tuesday it's not even funny anymore. I wonder if the others just don't wnat to pass it to him. He's so open. maybe tonight lol

Guest mateus

hate to rain on your parade mate, but that wasnt a glimpse...not by a long shot!

thats was our trump card! our 30 seconds left in the game, face off in there zone line!

our were down by 1 goal to tie it or even our were tied but dont want them to get an easy point off us line!

w00t!

Guest overlords
I thought it was scary how, as soon as that line was put together BOOM scored.

Definitely something I'll be looking forward to in the future :D

So going with the idea that the kosty bros and grabs make a line, that would mean we'd have to find a new wingman for pleks and kovy...

I'm thinking maybe convert koivu back to a wing position and put him with those 2. So something like...

Koivu-Plekanecs-Kovalev

To be honest, you really could place anyone on that left wing so long as pleks and kovy are there this line will be dominant, what koivu brings is the ability to take the faceoff if pleks gets sent out, or in crucial moments. Also koivu's a good passer, so's kovy and so's pleks, put those 3 together and you'll get some very nice plays I believe :D

I really don't think that they'll make a full-time line out of them yet. They were playing with confidence at the end of a game where the opposing team was getting blown out. I don't think carbo would like the defensive play of this line. I'm hoping for next year :D

Guest 1970 Habs
Grabovski was born in East Germany. Maybe his father was a soldier deployed over there?

:lol: Maybe people should visit the In the System Thread more Janooo.

Guest old-time Habs fan
Nah, The future is now, it took us 15 years but were here. This year no one's stopping us.

Steady as she goes, on course,

and always with you be the Force;

hoist your sails and run amok,

and put your signature on each puck.

Run the gauntlet, every game,

and don't forget your franchise fame!

most successful yet, by far,

but you, again, must cross the bar!

So, for the Cup, go, game by game,

be always in your winning frame,

make your first, as good as, last,

and leave the losses in the past.

There is no team you cannot beat,

as long as you turn up the heat,

and watch your back, while you're on track,

to give that Cup, another crack!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

The all-Belarus line could be dynamite for us in 5 years, definitely, but the enigma is Grabs. Andrei has already established himself with a 40+ point rookie season, and Sergei continues to impress at the tender age of 20, but Grabovski still has to prove that he can overcome his small size to be an effective scoring centre in this league. IF he can do it, wow, we are going to be rocking on offense for a long time to come. :)

Guest habsrule4eva3089
Steady as she goes, on course,

and always with you be the Force;

hoist your sails and run amok,

and put your signature on each puck.

Run the gauntlet, every game,

and don't forget your franchise fame!

most successful yet, by far,

but you, again, must cross the bar!

So, for the Cup, go, game by game,

be always in your winning frame,

make your first, as good as, last,

and leave the losses in the past.

There is no team you cannot beat,

as long as you turn up the heat,

and watch your back, while you're on track,

to give that Cup, another crack!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mon ami, your a genius! :)

Guest King-Carey-31
The all-Belarus line could be dynamite for us in 5 years, definitely, but the enigma is Grabs. Andrei has already established himself with a 40+ point rookie season, and Sergei continues to impress at the tender age of 20, but Grabovski still has to prove that he can overcome his small size to be an effective scoring centre in this league. IF he can do it, wow, we are going to be rocking on offense for a long time to come. :)

AK46 isn't a rookie technically, but i see what you are saying. Grabovski has to be one of the fastest guys in the NHL, if he can be a guy like St. Louis, that would be so great.

Guest old-time Habs fan
Mon ami, your a genius! :)

Merci, mon bon ami,

genius is in the team I see,

habbing all they need to be,

first, and foremost, best for me!

GO HABS GO!

Guest Greek Hab
As mentionned earlier... Grabovski is...... German!!!

Keep telling yourself that...Михаил Грабовский ...pretty sure that's not German.

Wiki is garbage, but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Grabovski

Mikhail Grabovsky (born January 31, 1984 in Potsdam, East Germany; now Potsdam, Germany), moved to Belarus at the age of 2.

Guest chiapo
Keep telling yourself that...Михаил Грабовский ...pretty sure that's not German.

Wiki is garbage, but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Grabovski

Mikhail Grabovsky (born January 31, 1984 in Potsdam, East Germany; now Potsdam, Germany), moved to Belarus at the age of 2.

Hey Greek, you're getting into the habit of correcting my '"where is he from?" comments. Thanks for that. :lol:

Now that that's cleared up... I would love an all Belarus line!

Guest Greek Hab
Hey Greek, you're getting into the habit of correcting my '"where is he from?" comments. Thanks for that. :lol:

Now that that's cleared up... I would love an all Belarus line!

I like informing people about our youth. Or correcting them...anyways...

buttrock.gifHELL'S BELS

Guest Larry Robinson

I think our team is very similar to the Buffalo Sabres in that most of our team came to us via the AHL with a little tinkering along the way and we will see this team only getting better in years to come .I'm not just talking 3-4 years, but much more long term and more stability.Bob Gainey has done a terrific job. :D

Guest overlords
uhh, doesn't that make him German?

he was born there but his parents are of russian or belorussian decent I believe. Does his name sound german? :P

Guest thefooligan5
he was born there but his parents are of russian or belorussian decent I believe. Does his name sound german? :P

no idea.

Guest thefooligan5
Immigration? ;)

In most countries around the world you are given citizenship for whichever country you are born in. I am not sure if grabs would have had to renounce his german citizenship in order to move to Belarus, but I am going to guess that he didn't.

Guest Greek Hab
I am not sure if grabs would have had to renounce his german citizenship in order to move to Belarus, but I am going to guess that he didn't.

Renounce at the age of 2?

Maybe he did(or his parents for him). From my post where he was born, it was East Germany, which was the former Nazi Germany part of the country. The Wall was still up at that time, which would be a strong reason for their leaving.

Archived