The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

What Is The Best Type Of Nhl Coach

kx250

Guest kx250

Who makes a better coach. Former pro players or lifetime coaches?

I like to think coaches that have played at the pro level can better understand there players than career coaches such as Kennan, Hitchcock vs say Carboneau,Sutter etc.

Please discuss.

Who makes a better coach. Former pro players or lifetime coaches?

I like to think coaches that have played at the pro level can better understand there players than career coaches such as Kennan, Hitchcock vs say Carboneau,Sutter etc.

Please discuss.

A hybrid: a former pro player (preferably NHL), but who has also worked their way up through the ranks as a coach. This way you get the best of both worlds.

The problem with making former players coaches, is too often they skip coaching at the junior/minor level and are given special treatment as a coach based on their performance as a player, and I think this results in them making all their rookie mistakes with an NHL team as opposed to a junior team, as we saw with Carbo last season.

What Is The Best Type Of Nhl Coach

To answer the question truthfully and honestly? The coach that makes your team better, the one that makes your team win. I can't care less if they've ever set foot on an NHL ice or if they've coached Pee-wee hockey or not. Give me a winner.

Guest Lafleurfan2

I would have to agree 100% with Jl. The coach that get's his team prepared takes charge. He has the winning forumla Scotty Bowman. the one with pep talks his team performs. the winning coach

not Gretzky.

Archived