The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Strange Goals Against Montreal In The Past 30 Years

risteenhuis

Guest fansince1975

What is the most strange goal scored against Montreal that you can remember? Post link if you have the goal on YouTube or other web site.

I would have to say that the goal against Price in Buffalo was the strangest I have seen in a long time.

Off the shoulder, crossbar, glass, back of the helmet, nothing but net.

Guest overlords
What is the most strange goal scored against Montreal that you can remember? Post link if you have the goal on YouTube or other web site.

I would have to say that the goal against Price in Buffalo was the strangest I have seen in a long time.

weirdest goals? The recent one on carey price and the exact same thing that happened to jose theodore come to mind, but i'm only 18 and have only been watching for about 10 years. I'm anxious to see the old fogies answer to this one :P

Guest QbGamer

There all strange ones, as we expect a shut out night in and night out.

But the one weird one that comes to mind, is the last game of the season last year against the leafs, when the Leafs D took the slapper we blocked it, it popped straight in the air, and was lobbed over everyones head and landed right behind Huet and in the net..

Guest Ricochet

Roland Melanson was the victim of a couple of odd pucks. The one I remember best was a puck cleared along the boards from the other end that he came out to play. It hit an inconsistency in the boards near the blue line and bounced away from the boards and went into the empty net. Oops!

Guest ComeBackStanley

wasn't there another one i think we were playing boston. it hit the board i think in back of the net and somehow managed to go in the net (think it was Huet in nets but not completely ure)

Guest JIMVINNY
wasn't there another one i think we were playing boston. it hit the board i think in back of the net and somehow managed to go in the net (think it was Huet in nets but not completely ure)

Yeah, it was Boston. The shot was taken by Ward from the point and he missed the net, but Huet was sliding sideways, the puck came off the boards pretty quick, and deflected in off the back of Huets pad.

Guest ComeBackStanley
There all strange ones, as we expect a shut out night in and night out.

But the one weird one that comes to mind, is the last game of the season last year against the leafs, when the Leafs D took the slapper we blocked it, it popped straight in the air, and was lobbed over everyones head and landed right behind Huet and in the net..

:o even the puck is biased! Don Cherry must have chipped it

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

I seem to remember one in the playoffs, I think Roy was in net. He came about 10-15 feet out of the crease to play it coming straight on. He stopped it with his pads, but it popped out behind him and ever-so-slowly rolled into the net. Might have been the 89 finals vs Calgary.

Guest fansince1975
I seem to remember one in the playoffs, I think Roy was in net. He came about 10-15 feet out of the crease to play it coming straight on. He stopped it with his pads, but it popped out behind him and ever-so-slowly rolled into the net. Might have been the 89 finals vs Calgary.

I think you are right. What you are describing does sound familar. Even the best can let in strange goals. I guess "most" of the strange goals would be the result of strange bounces off the glass or boards.

I must have a terrible memory but there was a strange goal earlier this season that went off at least three different players before it went in. Might have been Crosby. That sounds right. Because I was thinking he has the same luck that Gretzky did. Not at all saying anything to put down Gretzky but he did get some lucky bounces. I guess he would only have scored 850 instead of 894. Wow that's a lot of goals.

It was like the magic first bullet in the Kennedy assasination, just went everywhere. Though not as important politically I would think.

Archived