The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Don Cherry

Guest arpem_can

Guest arpem_can

For everyone who isn't part of the Leaf Nation I'm sure you'll find the humour in this as much as I did....after the Habs-Devils game ,Cherry had basically nothing to say about the Habs game[surprise] but showed instead a clip of a penalty that Williams for Toronto took in the 3rd period and started recounting about the refs giving bad calls to TO...I quote 'Why is it always Toronto?'....I don't even care if anyone responds ,I just had to post it ...my jaw is still drooping in dis-belief even though Toronto and his beloved Leafs still won the game..never ceases to amaze me

Guest arpem_can
They're stiffing every team as we're already discussing in this existing thread.

http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showtopic=17528

My point wasn't whether or not you believe it or dis-believe it and as I said I don't really care if anyone responds ..the point was that it was another ridiculously biased statement by by Don [i- love- -the - Leafs] Cherry....just thought it was funny considering the fact most of us not in Leafland can see the humour if you've been watching Hockey Night In Toronto for the last umpteen years

Guest J Haul

unreal. Is Cherry the only person that doesn't realize the leafs are going nowhere for a while? How about some CH respect?

And the "leafs getting stiffed" is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Guest GoHabsGo57
Cherry ---> wheelchair.gifbomb.gif_________ whistling.gif<--- Habs

_______________^

_______________^

_______________^

______________Bomb

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah he looked pretty angry when talking about the Habs game, but he got all fired up when talking about "Torana"... <_< But who cares, WE'RE IN FIRST!! :D:D

Guest Innis_Mor
There's only one team in the league!

.... and only one thought for Don Cherry (well, other than "hurry up and retire, already!"):

"Lemaire crosses the blueline, drops the puck back to Lafleur, Lafleur steps into the puck with a torrid slapshot! He scores! Blows it by the Bruin goaltender!"

(selected colour = intentional; as in "Cherry sees colour"

Guest LeafsNation1967

It was about the 2 games befour that when the refs called pointless calls in overtime ,( that lead to wins) it's outragous! you cant been doing that when all teams are fighting for a playoff spot.

Way too tell in grapes

Guest QbGamer

Ya who wasnt laughing when they saw that... Cherry is a bum, Take everything he says lightly. He's a joke, Hes our version of John Madden. Look how often SNL + all of those shows make fun of John Madden

Lets just be happy the Ea hockey game isnt called Cherry 08 ;)

Guest fansince1975

It's like reading a script. Leaf player tackles other player. No penalty. Leaf falls stopping or turning. Must be a trip or hook as our laffs never fall down without a reason.

Cherry says some good things like no touch icing. But for the most part he needs to retire or simply watch the HABS on RDS rather then the Leafs on CBC. I am not sure the announcers are much better but with limited french I can simply watch the game.

• 1 month later...
Guest mtl4thewin

Anyone have video of Coach's Corner post game Apr. 5, 2008....Don Cherry said something hilarious about Kovalev and I would like to quote it.

Guest shamrun
Anyone have video of Coach's Corner post game Apr. 5, 2008....Don Cherry said something hilarious about Kovalev and I would like to quote it.

are you talking about the one where he says : ''Kovalev decided to show up this year, next year he'll disapear again''?

Guest GoHabsGo57
I hate Grapes.. Just watched him on Coach's Corner .. what a Bruin homer??

That's why Kelly Hrudey should take over Cherry's spot ASAP. Hrudey is the least-biased analyst of all, and he doesn't spend 6 or 7 minutes yacking about Bobby Orr or some good old Kingston boy. Cherry got on my nerves last night talking about the Bruins that way.

Hell, even P.J. Stock is a better analyst than Cherry!

Archived