The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest overlords
lol. I'm only in grade 8 so I wont know how that feels like right now :D:P
well i'm in comp. sci. at vanier which is one of the most demanding programs. Also whoever makes the schedules for our program is a complete retard as well so taht doesn't help ( i have a 4 hour break in the middle of my wednesday). Grade 8 eh? If you go to highschool on the east end i probably know the school.
A Habs win'll make it all better. :) lol
yeah and if they lose i'm downing a bottle of nyquil and sleeping through the rest of the week :P :P.

Guest CHimbued

I think Price will start tomorrow. He is the teams number one, he has had a day to rest. I don't see the point of starting halak, price has won three in a row and even if he losses tomorrow night it will show that the coach has him pegged as his number one. The only time I see Halak playing is if price really falters or there is a back to back which we have two of left in the season.

Guest Eye_Heart_Gorges26

will they sign O Canada in French? Please say no. Cuz I wanna be able to sing along and I don't know it in french.

Guest Liquid-Metal187

DONT WORRY GUYS I will bring the magic inspiration for the Habs Tomorrow!!!!!!

Look for me in the upper row!!!!

I CANT WAIT!! I CANT WAIT!!!! Rivet your going down baby!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Guest Habsgirl3823
glad I'm not alone here.

but I do find time to watch the 82 habs games/year.

and will make time for all playoff matches.

Oh, I listen to them on the radio... and watch them when I can. I only get a handful of games on tv, but I wouldn't miss them for the world.

GO HABS, GO!

So excited for tomorrow's game!

Guest Me_Habs_Fan
Oh, I listen to them on the radio... and watch them when I can. I only get a handful of games on tv, but I wouldn't miss them for the world.

Same here Habsgirl3823. Lots of Leafs games via cbc & tsn, but few habs games. CBC & TSN must think we are all Leafs fans? Guess they don't know to much about New Brunswick. ;)

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Really hoping the Habs can pull out the win. Pittsburgh won yesterday and tied us in points but we stay in first because we have played one less game, and tonight we will play it.

So lets win and jump up two more points!

GO PRICE GO! GO HABS GO! GO WIN GO!

Guest CanadianMike

staying up late and being forced to stare at McLaren and Rivet's ugly faces....UGH!! :P Habs better win this one.

la ville est hockey!!!!!!!!!!

thank god! i work 'til 11 tomorrow night. I get home at 12 so i'll atleast catch the third period.

I work afternoons as well, and will be able to watch the game when I get home instead of 'Canadiens Express"

Guest TORHABSFAN

We are getting to that time of year where Every game is a MUST WIN game and this game is no diffrent. We are in a 5 horse race for first place in the Eastern confrence with Pittburgh,Ottawa, New Jersey and even Boston chasing us down.

We need to keep winning to stay on top. In the past these western road trips have not been kind to us and our roceord vs. the Western confrence is defitley nothing to write home about. So we need to start turning that around with a strong trip. If we can't beat western teams then forgett the Cup because even if we do get to the finals we are dead. So Its time to step up and prove something. San Jose and Anahiem are two teams that all the experts would suggest are much better then we are.. SO lets go make a statement. 4 games we need 6 points or better. And it all starts with 2 tonight.

60 mintue road game effort tonight boys.. the Pwer play better click tonight because San Jose is 2nd on the PK.. We can't rely on the PP at all tonight gotta get it done 5 on 5.

Guest Raimu

Time for me to weigh in on this!

First off, I'm excited. as I am for every habs game XD. I think this is a very winable game, and a very winable Road Trip, Sharks, Cyotes, Kings, and Ducks.... Ducks vs. Habs I'm looking forward to X). But lets not look ahead past San Jose. They're a damn good team, with a poor home record. That doesn't necessarily mean free win, we just have to play them hard like we want to stay in first.

Anyway, off to work. I'll be back in plenty of time for the game tonight XD

GO HABS GO!!!

GOOOOOOO HABS GOOOOOO!

Guest HalifaxHab

I have a 4 hour difference so game start time here is 1130pm, but I am still hosting a party at my place with several Habs fans and a few buddies who are actually Sharks fans. This should be a really good game as both teams are gunning for the win. I really hope the usual road HABS show up to make this a spectacular game. That way it's worth skipping work the next day!

Guest fansince1975

10:30PM start where I live. I guess I will just have to relax at work on Tuesday.

I think Price will play extremely good. Nabokov is one of the best goalies in the NHL. Price wants to be better. Only way to be better is to out play the guy at the other end of the rink. The Sharks only average 2.55 goals per game. Shutdown Thorton and Montreal will win. Komi and Markov should love this opportunity to shutdown Thorton.

Guest keithman

Well, i'm ready for tonight. got a long day at uni so it's great that the game is late for me. I have class from from 6-8, though i have a few hour break between classes.

so, i'll be home at 9. the habs schedule works for me hahaha.

Guest TOHABSfan16

The games against the sharks and ducks will show us how we measure up against the "big boys" out West, as for the other two games in this road trip I expect a full 4 points!

Guest Tamara84

I believe that the habs will win this one 4-2. Hope Price plays a good game. Anyway I'm a bit upset because I will miss the game because it is late, but hopefully I wake up tommorow and we win.

Guest sanman

The Habs have not faired well against the West this season so lets see how they do on this road trip. I think anything better then .500 and the so called 'critics' will believe just as we do.

I am yet to hear those sweet words..."The Canadiens are the team to be in the East."

Probably won't come until the game before the playoffs and a lot of hard work by the boys.

Lets go HABS prove all these nay sayers wrong.

GO HABS GO!!!

p.s. I was playing shinny with a bunch of LAUGH fans and they were praising Kovalev and said:

"yeah but they are wasting him with that Plekanec guy"

Plekanec...59 points..just before this scored a hat trick..if he was a laugh he would be 2nd on their team by 10 points!!

It's so clear why we hate Laugh fans and so I took each of them out sytematically during the game...Komisarek style.

Guest jennifer_rocket

I really wish I had RDS for this game! We don't get to see enough Western conference teams! :angry:

GO HABS GO! Let's start this road trip on a high note!

Guest WindsorHab#10
The Habs have not faired well against the West this season so lets see how they do on this road trip. I think anything better then .500 and the so called 'critics' will believe just as we do.

I am yet to hear those sweet words..."The Canadiens are the team to be in the East."

Probably won't come until the game before the playoffs and a lot of hard work by the boys.

Lets go HABS prove all these nay sayers wrong.

GO HABS GO!!!

p.s. I was playing shinny with a bunch of LAUGH fans and they were praising Kovalev and said:

"yeah but they are wasting him with that Plekanec guy"

Plekanec...59 points..just before this scored a hat trick..if he was a laugh he would be 2nd on their team by 10 points!!

It's so clear why we hate Laugh fans and so I took each of them out sytematically during the game...Komisarek style.

Once the trade deadline passed, Barry Melrose of ESPN said that the Canadiens were the team to beat in the east.

Guest sanman
Once the trade deadline passed, Barry Melrose of ESPN said that the Canadiens were the team to beat in the east.

Awesome, I missed that.

I'm not sure if I would have said that until the end of this Western trip but kuddo's to him, he's got guts.

Guest Jason Lorette

I hate late games...where I am...that's an 11:30pm "start"...won't see much of this one!

I was looking at TSN gameday...and it's quite remarkable how 'similar' these two teams are statistically:

OVERALL 36-21-9

CONFERENCE 35-18-8

DIVISION 13-9-1

HOME 16-12-5

AWAY 20-9-4

LAST 10 7-3-0

STREAK Won 3

OVERALL 36-21-8

CONFERENCE 33-16-8

DIVISION 10-8-5

HOME 14-13-5

AWAY 22-8-3

LAST 10 5-4-1

STREAK Won 5

(intentionally didn't put which is which) ;)

This should be a good game for Gorges who is developing into a really good defenseman (Good Job, Bob!) and who I am becoming a fan of.

Jason

GO HABS GO! Take a bite out of those Sharks!

Archived