The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest BigWill09

You know what pisses me off about this game? Its completely within our grasp but a few things have been our problem. Bad D tonight which i thought was corrected and goaltending has been rather poor tonight. Then throw in the fact that the Refs are a joke and ignoring all the penalties (both ways but mostly against our Habs) it becomes a mountain to climb.

Guest habsrule4eva3089
Rooney is by far the worst in the league and Ian Walsh is not far behind

nah chris lee!!! he makes these guys look like god

Guest habsrule4eva3089
that sso disturbing... how am i gonna sleep now...

who in the world would put a pic of that on a Montreal Canadiens forum....wwhat' sthe poitn of that...

I hope Carbs keeps Carey in nets. This is one odd game.

"He has looked solid as the Habs' new No. 1 goalie, winning all three starts and posting a 1.33 goals-against average since Huet left town." How quickly Qb forgets.

Guest thefooligan5
K i put it on the sens game now

but the funny thing is its true, its a whole different game over here

If that is true, and I don't doubt everyone who is saying so because it certainly appears that way the MTL/SJ game, than what can we say for the fact the refs officiate games in both conferences? Are there some refs who are more often in the east and vice versa? I simply cannot understand it.

Guest QbGamer
He even said that San Jose will get a penalty tonight for it since they have DID IT SOOOO MUCH!!! dammit the league needs to see the tape of this game and how bad the officiating was!

the scheduale has to change, We play this team how often, once every 2-3 years, They are playing a totally different game then we are used too, there playing like its prison rules.. How are we sopposed to prepare from this when we play a certain way, the refs call things a certain way back home, and then when u go down west, you can have 2 many players on the ice, run the goaler, and do all these dirty plays we arent used too

Guest habsrule4eva3089
I hope Carbs keeps Carey in nets. This is one odd game.

"He has looked solid as the Habs' new No. 1 goalie, winning all three starts and posting a 1.33 goals-against average since Huet left town." How quickly Qb forgets.

one bad game, happens to the best of them. now we'll see if he can rebound when it matters.

Guest habsrule4eva3089
hahah Ottawa just got a double minor for a slash and a unsportsmanlike! wow there just as pissed off as us!

they should be the officiating in the west is horrible. if this continues we might as well just come back home and not waste our times on this lousy trip.

one bad game, happens to the best of them. now we'll see if he can rebound when it matters.

That's the best part about this team. They most likely will rebound. PP goal coming up!

Guest EtLeBut

*****!!! I am getting so sick and tired of the BRUTAL referring in the NHL. The Sharks 3rd goal was absolute bull****. They rammed Price right into the net. Again the ref was RIGHT there but was to busy being all dramatic in waving off the no goal because the puck was sitting on the line. Then they miss a blatant too many men. The sharks ran Price 3 times in the 2nd. Everyone knows that Price is as calm as they come and even he was chirpping at the refs. I thought this was a professional league. These games are so frustrating to watch. I hope someone lays out Rivet. He has been running his mouth and taking cheap shots all night. Got a PP to start the 3rd and need a goal to get back in this one.

Guest Habsfan_11

This game has been terrible to watch. Terrible officiating! Probably the worst i've seen this year. And price let that softy in... ouch.

Guest habgab
they should be the officiating in the west is horrible. if this continues we might as well just come back home and not waste our times on this lousy trip.

just forfeit the points? What are they going to do in the playoffs?

Guest Clammy
i hope fraser comes in next game, even he's better than these guys...

Even mcgough is better than these idiots! :angry:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

DIE REFS DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest thefooligan5
hahah Ottawa just got a double minor for a slash and a unsportsmanlike! wow there just as pissed off as us!

I don't even think it is funny. I empathize with them even if they are the habs main competition. You just cannot have such a difference in one league.

Guest J Haul
what it should be and what it is may be two completely different things, but at the end of the day, if they want to hoist the Cup, they have to accept what is and play harder.

Very honourable, but lets be REALISTIC here. Bad officiating is bad officiating.

Guest QbGamer

The question we have to ask ourseleves.

is it our fault as we arent playing a cheap game. and should change our style?

Or can we blame the league for pretty much having 2 different leages, the east and the west, these leages never play each other, and play 2 totally different style of games

Archived