The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest Onzeee
We are getting to that time of year where Every game is a MUST WIN game and this game is no diffrent. We are in a 5 horse race for first place in the Eastern confrence with Pittburgh,Ottawa, New Jersey and even Boston chasing us down.

We need to keep winning to stay on top. In the past these western road trips have not been kind to us and our roceord vs. the Western confrence is defitley nothing to write home about. So we need to start turning that around with a strong trip. If we can't beat western teams then forgett the Cup because even if we do get to the finals we are dead. So Its time to step up and prove something. San Jose and Anahiem are two teams that all the experts would suggest are much better then we are.. SO lets go make a statement. 4 games we need 6 points or better. And it all starts with 2 tonight.

60 mintue road game effort tonight boys.. the Pwer play better click tonight because San Jose is 2nd on the PK.. We can't rely on the PP at all tonight gotta get it done 5 on 5.

in 2004 the team went 3-1 on this very same trip

Guest Onzeee
I have a 4 hour difference so game start time here is 1130pm, but I am still hosting a party at my place with several Habs fans and a few buddies who are actually Sharks fans. This should be a really good game as both teams are gunning for the win. I really hope the usual road HABS show up to make this a spectacular game. That way it's worth skipping work the next day!

4 1/2 hour difference here man, puck drop around 12 10am hahah

Guest Onzeee
For let me see...

School? Nope, finished that.

Work? Nope.

Other activities? Nope.

Bedtime? Not since I was ten.

Time for hockey? Damn right!

I think I've only missed three or four games this season, excluding those few blows outs I've turned out midway through because I hate watching us die. You all want to stab me right about now don't you? :P

the CH is school work and other activities man

Guest muskeg

i've got to be up at 5:00am, so I won't be listening to this game, but I, as always, with the boys best of luck.

A win here is huge. We need to start this trip on the right foot AND show we can take it to some teams in the Western conference.

Guest concreteveins

I have a feeling were going to get shut out but thats just me.

However, after beating Brodeur again makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Go Habs Go

Guest mtl1010
well i'm in comp. sci. at vanier which is one of the most demanding programs. Also whoever makes the schedules for our program is a complete retard as well so taht doesn't help ( i have a 4 hour break in the middle of my wednesday). Grade 8 eh? If you go to highschool on the east end i probably know the school.

Cool, I think :huh: I'm going to SATEC, not sure if you know it tho

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Compared to Brodeur and his historical record vs Montreal, Nabokov is nothing. If we can beat Brodeur, with a similar effort we can beat Nabokov.

We have to get Kovalev to use his patented shot though on the PP because Nabokov hasn't seen it before and SJS will most likely not pressure him like everyother team.

Guest habsgal

Wow - 11:30 start time here. Long time since we had a late one. One eye open, one eye close. No matter, I'll sit in ice to stay awake for my Habs. Moving our feet and solid steady 'D is on our wish list tonight. When in doubt - get it out (but not over the glass :D ).

Guest Ricochet
Pour ce premier match en Californie, Carey Price obtiendra un quatrième départ consécutif. RDS

For the first game in California, Carey Price will be making his fourth consecutive start. (My french is not so good)

I wonder if it is possible to become completely fluent in french just by watching Canadiens hockey games.

I still giggle when players end up in the box for being a crotch. (Accroche) Ongoing joke when we watch it on RDS.

I have a feeling were going to get shut out but thats just me.

Oh no you didn't ... :blink:

If they start Boucher because of his previous shutout, it was only a 25 save performance and we shoot more than that. It isn't likely to happen again anyway. If they start Nabokov, he's used to playing consecutive games, so we can hope that sitting last game threw him off a little. I'm still expecting 3 or 4 goals both ways regardless. I'm hoping Price shuts the door however. Not just the door, I hope he closes the windows and the shutters, pulls in the welcome mat, sets the alarm and builds a brick wall behind the door.

I'm still looking to watch the game online. Does RDS do online streaming? If so, what should I look for if I might not recognize how to get it playing due to my lack of french?

Guest timafurry

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boooo, we have to wait sooooooo long 'til puck drop.At least they're playing on a Monday, and not the usual Tuesday night.So I guess it's not a late start, it's a really early one!!!

For the first game in California, Carey Price will be making his fourth consecutive start. (My french is not so good)I wonder if it is possible to become completely fluent in french just by watching Canadiens hockey games.I still giggle when players end up in the box for being a crotch. (Accroche) Ongoing joke when we watch it on RDS.Oh no you didn't ... :blink: If they start Boucher because of his previous shutout, it was only a 25 save performance and we shoot more than that. It isn't likely to happen again anyway. If they start Nabokov, he's used to playing consecutive games, so we can hope that sitting last game threw him off a little. I'm still expecting 3 or 4 goals both ways regardless. I'm hoping Price shuts the door however. Not just the door, I hope he closes the windows and the shutters, pulls in the welcome mat, sets the alarm and builds a brick wall behind the door.I'm still looking to watch the game online. Does RDS do online streaming? If so, what should I look for if I might not recognize how to get it playing due to my lack of french?
Well, I guess that's one way to get a shutout...

Guest answer71

Midnight start here in Newfoundland..... 6:30 am rise......gonna be a long day at work tomorrow. Oh well.. I'll worry about that tomorrow :)

Guest 464VermontHabs
GO HABS GO!!! I have to work at 6h tomorrow morning so we better win this one!!!Of course it has to be a 22:30 start too. KOVALEV is the man he is gonna lead us to victory!!!

Guest moe181
I remember when 3-2 was a high scoring game :)

Man, the forums musta really been dying when you posted this, cause theres at least 6/7 of them. :P

Guest moe181
Cool, I think :huh: I'm going to SATEC, not sure if you know it tho

Is that the same SATEC in Scarborough? If so I know it, couple of my friends went there for high school, and even I was planning to go there at one point. In the end though I lazied out and just went with Wexford which was closer to my house.

Its a pretty good computer school though,

AND to stay on topic

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest Onzeee
Midnight start here in Newfoundland..... 6:30 am rise......gonna be a long day at work tomorrow. Oh well.. I'll worry about that tomorrow :)

ya here in ryderland the puck should drop around 12 10am lol

Guest KOIVU#11
ya here in ryderland the puck should drop around 12 10am lol

yeah I'm not too happy about that 12 am start either. I don't have class until 2 tommrow so I think I manage it.

Guest mtl1010
Is that the same SATEC in Scarborough? If so I know it, couple of my friends went there for high school, and even I was planning to go there at one point. In the end though I lazied out and just went with Wexford which was closer to my house.

Its a pretty good computer school though,

AND to stay on topic

GO HABS GO!!!

Ya that's the one but for me I was going to Wexford and I lazied out and went to the closer one which was SATEC :lol:

Guest Onzeee

How many cups of coffee and/or Red Bulls and/or Sudafeds and/or hits of crystal meth will be needed to make it to the final buzzer?

It's a fine line between the amount of caffeine you need for the Canadiens 10 p.m. start in San Jose and an overdose that will have you awake until the team plays in Phoenix on Thursday.

hahah from mike boone

Guest moe181

to be honest, lets say the average length of a game is about 2:30 with intermissions and such, that would mean the game would be done (for us south east folks) at about 1:00am, and for you NLers around 3? That's not so bad, on a regular weekend i'm up till 5am anyways. :D

Guest Ricochet

Okay, apparently someone has lost their sanity so I will be going out to watch the game anyway. He's going to survive on 3 hours of sleep for the sake of the game so the boys better make it worth his while. If that isn't dedication as a fan, I don't know what is.

Go Habs Go!

Archived