The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest Clammy

Idiot shark players shouldn't be congratulating themselves. They should go over and thank the stinking idiot refs. They gave them this game.

DIE REFS DIE! DIE REFS DIE! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest BigWill09

Alright I'm sorry but i cant find positives in this game for us guys.... Everyone played poor except Pleks and A. Kost. Also i read that some ppl found this game entertaining i thought it was crap. Bad ice, bad refs and Habs overall were terrible.

Guest shamrun
What the heck is wrong w/ price tonight... I hope it's not what I think

the whole d was weird. im pretty confident that they will play better next game.

Guest JIMVINNY

That was the absolutely worst ref'd game I have ever seen. They bowled our 20-year old goalie over on multiple occasions, and were not only allowed to do so, but encouraged, as evidenced by the blatant non-call on thorntons 2nd goal. The diving, the dirty hits, the ***** our boys encountered at every turn. This is not the NHL that I support. This is CRAP.

Guest keithman

I wouldn't blame Price.

Our D was getting undressed horribly.

Our goaltender was ran over who knows how many times. and then left alone for quite a few breakaways, not counting the 2 on 1's.

our offensive line of pleks/kosty/kovalev were beauties. where is Koivu's line :(

Guest QbGamer

Well if nothing else this shows that we are not a playoff team..

Yes we could have won this game if we had decent goaltending. but even so they had 39 shots on us, and hit us every second we had the puck

they eliminated Kovalev from doing much out there.

The refs didnt call much, we dont know if maybe its just how they play over here in the West we will find out after this road trip. but if that is truely how the play, its not our style. It will take some time getting used too

Guest timafurry
Well... I guess games like this are going to happen. It's heartbreaking, for sure.

Price needs to start next game.

Yeah, I agree. You gotta keep this kid feeling confident.

He played awesome when they booted Huet.

Would only make sense that he would rebound from this if he we're given the next start.

Guest Eazy_Ryder

Price was off but then again most of the team was off Price held in on that 5 on 3 but what a brain fart Komisarek had and if anyone had a bad night look at Markov he had a horrible night probably his worst game ever like taking a bad penalty with 3min left when your down by one ...I thought that was Koivus job So Price one bad game when the team as a whole did pretty poor, the reffing was brutal, the ice was brutal, the team just had a long flight, it was just a bad night for everyone...But we will kick some pants next game....Don't let it get ya down Boyz....GOHABSGO......

Guest QbGamer
Alright I'm sorry but i cant find positives in this game for us guys.... Everyone played poor except Pleks and A. Kost. Also i read that some ppl found this game entertaining i thought it was crap. Bad ice, bad refs and Habs overall were terrible.

Positives are that we kept comming back, we were down time after time, and we kept comming back to tie it up.

Guest vegasrick

This year's Habs team is still MUCH better than last year's. Even in the face of a bad game by most of our defense, a bad game by Carey Price, and probably a very poorly reffed game, we were in the game almost the entire 60 minutes. Last season, the final in a game like this would have been 6-1 or 6-2 and we would most likely never have been in it. I look for us to rebound well like we have so many times this year, and get right back on the winning track. There's no reason we still can't take first in the conference.

Anyway, it's been a rough night, and a late one. See ya next time.

Guest Habby67

Smokes knocks over Price. The non interference on Price leading to a goal. That knuckleball that went in, did it hit Komi's stick? As for the rest I didnt see them as I was out...

Guest timafurry
Well if nothing else this shows that we are not a playoff team..

Yes we could have won this game if we had decent goaltending. but even so they had 39 shots on us, and hit us every second we had the puck

they eliminated Kovalev from doing much out there.

The refs didnt call much, we dont know if maybe its just how they play over here in the West we will find out after this road trip. but if that is truely how the play, its not our style. It will take some time getting used too

Not a playoff team?

Remember, playoffs are a different story.

Best of 7!!!

Guest JIMVINNY
Not mentally prepared.

Oh drop it. Don't even think about trying to blame this on him. No one on the team was. neither were the refs.

Guest Habs_Mania

This game will be a good lesson for the Habs and I'm sure guy will have them watch the bad plays they made and work on them in practise. Price should not be benched next game, if he's going to be a starter, he is going to have to just take in the loss and keep his head up next game. Guy, gotta work on that D!

Guest BigWill09
Positives are that we kept comming back, we were down time after time, and we kept comming back to tie it up.

Alright ya that was a positive but then you can throw in another negative that as soon as we kept coming back we gave up a quick goal....

Guest J Haul

I agree, this one wasn't "entertaining". This type of game is aggrevatiing to watch. Reminded me of playing Carolina a couple years ago. Dirty plays, goalie crashing... just not fun.

Guest habsgal

It just isn't right to have two different leagues (and that's what it is) when it comes down to the officiating - East and West. These idiots should be evaluated by the league on a consistent basis.

Guest kinot1

at least we now know what to expect in Phoenix and the rest of the trip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they don't call ,,,,,,elbowing,,,,,,,goalie interference,,,,,,,,,boarding,,,,,,,,,too many men,,,,,,,,,and a few others, as I have forgotten all of the non-calls

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

There was absolutely nothing Price could have done on Cheechoo's goal.. but Campbell's? Come on, he didn't even butterfly properly! Probably the game turning goal had to be Jody Shelley's goal.. anymore cheese than that I doubt. Our 10-year losing streak in San Jose continues.. I guess it'll be another 4 years before we get another chance.

Wow it's late for a school night, goodnight all I got an 8:00 class to attend to in about 6 hours :rolleyes:

Archived