The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest kinot1

at least we didn't get shutout,,,,,,,,,,and even if the team didn't play well, we were in it til the end,,,,,,,,,,

Even the Habs of the late 70's (when we WON the cup 4 straight) had bad games

I know the die-hard fans stuck around til the end, even if we lost.

Guest habsrule4eva3089

It's true the defense wasn't stellar tonight. But you have to admit, after the goal the clown scored the guys were probably like you gotta be kidding me.... on the other side their goaltender was sharp after that and made the saves when he had to. but hey , you win as a team , you lose as a team. Tonight the team wasn't good. On to thursday, improvements needed.

Guest thefooligan5
We will bounce back from this - I want the monster Komi back.

His absence was a big loss tonight.

The tone of this game was set very early and the habs were very very frustrated from the get-go. Frankly, I am surprised the habs kept step with the sharks until the dying minutes of the game. As another poster menitoned, that is proof in itself of how far this team has come from last year. Get the worst out of the way first. The habs will come out meaner next game. They let the sharks walk all over them so I think Phoenix should look out because they are going to have a lot of fierce, determined bodies coming their way this week.

Guest Onzeee
lol omg.. ONE game and you guys all go bonkers on price. whoever thinks this loss was his fault.. needs to give their heads a shake lol.

btw. smolinski and lats are useless.

he sure as hell didnt help things

Guest RockMtl
LMAO @ some of you jumping on Price because one game goes really awkward, strange, weird, (insert other antonyms)

honestly,

No wonder members don't post here as often as they used to.

It's gets so tiresome to read such ridiculous posts.

Did you guys NOT see our D get UNDRESSED repeatedly?!?

Did you guys NOT see Price get run over on the third goal, leading to an unfair goal?

Did guy guys NOT see Price get tripped up by Smolinski, fall and lead to the second goal?

Did you guys NOT see Price face several breakaways cause our D disappeared?

LOL @ "we miss huet" no offense, but i don't miss him at all, Price stringed 3 solid starts in a row for us, and one game goes really bad and SOME of you get your panties in a knot.

It's just ONE game. after we had BACK TO BACK games and a flight to the west coast. Not to mention the refs gave this game away.

In the end, relax.

Thursday is the next game. Price and company will bounce back.

NO use jumping on posters or the rest of the team - either. The HABS scored 4 goals - should of been enough - wasn't! Let's call a SPADE a SPADE - Price didn't play well - and what's wrong with saying THAT!!

Price winning three straight with a .956 save % screams "take a seat"

Thank god for rational people.

3-0 coming west after a sat. game. sit him give halak a go go you win bonus, no it's still there for price

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion
I guess a lot can change in two years.. remember when Julien got fired 2 years ago and we beat them 6-2 (I attended that game)? I guess the time difference really does matter :huh:

Guest QbGamer

Hey the sharks are a pretty good team, ALOT OF SPEED, ALOT OF GRIT, And they seem to understand the rules over in the west, As its a completely different game then over in the east. There was probably another 20 penalties in that game, On there team and on our team that werent called, I have no clue why they werent

Another Positive atleast our coach wasnt thrown out of the game, due to the poor reffing, look @ the sens.. LOL

Guest stevesaku
NO use jumping on posters or the rest of the team - either. The HABS scored 4 goals - should of been enough - wasn't! Let's call a SPADE a SPADE - Price didn't play well - and what's wrong with saying THAT!!

it was kind of hard for price to play well.. and the reasons were already mentioned.

Guest Hoyle00cdn
back spasms ... not quite the same as a torn ligament champ ;)

No....

But I'm tired of people making it sound like Huet is about to peak his goaltending performance in his 30s and that we've made a huge mistake.

Guest QbGamer
i agree, the refs had no idea what they were doing

Are we sure this isnt just the Western Style of Play?

I remember watching a calgary game, and hearing from one of the media members talking about the flames that if they dont play a physical game and finish there hits after each and every play the coach will bench the player. Meaning they are a pretty good team in the west they HAVE to finish each of there play by hitting someone, if refs are seeing 2 teams hitting time and time again, i guess they will let things slide eventually.

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion
Bring up Chips and sit Smoke with Breezbye. When Bob signed him you could hear me whine for miles.

Personally I would have played Kostopoulos since he knows the South-West division quite well as well as for enforcing purposes, etc... Which if I may add Lapierre did an excellent job tonight.

Guest QbGamer
someone explain to me how latendresse is in the nhl.

There should be a stat on how many shots he took tonight and missed the net by 5 or more feet,

Not to mention that one play its a 2 on 1, the passing lane is open as the defender wasnt sliding on the ice or anything, and latendress has the puck guess who is skating with him KOVALEV, wouldnt you want to try and get the puck to him, or atleast fake it or something, instead he winds up and takes a slapper :(

Guest kinot1

I say ,,,,,,put Price in against the birds in Phoenix and let Halak have L.A.,,,,,,,,,then bring Pice in against the ducklings

JM2C

Guest stevesaku
Are we sure this isnt just the Western Style of Play?

I remember watching a calgary game, and hearing from one of the media members talking about the flames that if they dont play a physical game and finish there hits after each and every play the coach will bench the player. Meaning they are a pretty good team in the west they HAVE to finish each of there play by hitting someone, if refs are seeing 2 teams hitting time and time again, i guess they will let things slide eventually.

no..we held our own against this western style...and refs missing the too many men, the numerous goalie interference calls, grabovski getting cut and only giving a 2 minute..doesnt help..

Guest habs fan #1
From the moment Huet was traded......The Huet-faithful have been waiting anxiously for a game like this, to single price out, and talk about how much we miss Huet......

News Flash....Huet is already hurt in Washington. Doing what he does best; playing a few good games, then jumping on the IR.

We wouldn't be here in First place now without Huet

Anyways Price had a bad game and he should Bounce Back next Game and not all Huet fans are rooting for price to fail.

Guest habsrule4eva3089
someone explain to me how latendresse is in the nhl.

Had a rough game, should he be in hamilton...yes....but hey who do we have to fill his spot. Chipz should be in place of Smolinski that's one adjustment that has to be made.

Guest Hoyle00cdn

How about we leave misinterpreted racial cliches out of this thread :(

Archived