The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Best Places To Sit At The Bell Centre ?

hossafan1

Guest HABSGUY80

I have never been to a Habs game in Montreal and I get to go in a few weeks FINALLY ! I've heard so many things about the arena and the atmosphere. I know all about the different ticket options but probably can't afford first or second level. I also don't want to sit all the way up int he 400's (although im sure the atmosphere is best here). So, in terms of whites or grey's, where is the best place to sit ? What sections? I have the chance to sit Row AA in the whites in the corner OR slightly higher up closer to the middle and dont know where I will have the best experience. Does having no one in front of you (which can be a good thing), by sitting front row on the balcony take away from the atmosphere ?

Sorry for all the questions... im excited !

Guest hip_hip_huet

Hmm, well between white and grey, pick whichever one is closer. As for the corner or the middle, I've only sat in the reds and I know that from up close, the corner can sometimes get you an amazing point of view, but from higher up, the advantage might not me as big. I usually sneak up to the first row, and I prefer it to having someone blocking your view, but admittedly, it is a little lonelier when you don't see everybody jumping with excitement.

... wow, sorry that was probably the most useless answer. I guess basically what I'm trying to say is it's all personal taste?

Guest HABSGUY80

No that is great. Thanks for the info. I agree too...sometimes it is nice to sit 'within' the crowd and see (and fee/hear) people jump up whesomeone scores all around you. So near centre ice around row DD or EE sounds amazing but I still dont know if I should turn down front row balcony's though...

Guest #25_with_31

My two cents based on my first experience at the Bell Centre, which was on Bob Gainey night, I would say that the seats nearer to center ice are probably better as I wouldn't say there is enough difference between row AA whites and row DD or row EE seats. I sat in row EE and they were great for an overall experience. The fans are really into it in the higher sections.

Guest overlords

probably whatever the other net equivalent of section 105 (where our goalie is twice). I've sat there and had the best view. The only thing is that u see our goalie instead of their goalie twice. BUT, it was the islanders game and i got to see huet do that slide at the blueline to stop a potential break away :D

Guest lfrommtl

whites row aa as close to the center as you can get. best view, best atmosphere.

anywhere in the blues is always fun too.

avoid reds, its not as fun as it is in the third deck.

Guest 27_Kovalev

Saputo and Molson ex are not bad, you can see the puck go in the net

This season i'm in the blue section with the forfait 10 matchs its pretty good, with a great atmosphere

Guest lfrommtl
I would say right about... there!

carbonneau_bench_getty_400.jpg

nah JL

ive had the oppurtunity to sit nehind the bench and its not that gre at. yeah you get the thrill of being smack near the players but come game time, you cant see anything. there all standing, not to mention when you have that many players together there is a certain smell in the air, and it ain't roses.

nah JL

ive had the oppurtunity to sit nehind the bench and its not that gre at. yeah you get the thrill of being smack near the players but come game time, you cant see anything. there all standing, not to mention when you have that many players together there is a certain smell in the air, and it ain't roses.

Oh but I wasn't referring to BEHIND the bench... :D

Guest ComeBackStanley

i prefer the white to the greys, just because depending on how high up in the greys you kind of get the thing at the top were all the sportscasters sit get in your view line so i find you have to sort of slump to not have it in your view. I don't know if that makes sense lol i guess you have to see it. (anyone else know what i'm talking about and can explain better? lol)I've been in the whites and behind the net and i thought it was a good view, but i do have bad eyesight (even with my contacts) so when it was at the other end it was a little harder to follow the puck but still a good view. Now the front row or whatever, that's up to you. So if you're still in the whites for the slightly higher up/middle seats (which i think you are if i understood correctly) i would pick those.

nah JLive had the oppurtunity to sit nehind the bench and its not that gre at. yeah you get the thrill of being smack near the players but come game time, you cant see anything. there all standing, not to mention when you have that many players together there is a certain smell in the air, and it ain't roses.
mmmm hockey player smell... :lol: haha i wonder if they'ld let you bring in febreeze? :huh:

Guest Cenner Hice

Any seat at the Bell would be better than the seat I'm in right now (at work infront of a computer screen).

My two bits.

Guest martinm87

There really isn't that much of a difference between the back row of the blues and the front row of the whites. I've sat in the front row a few times and it does get a little lonely lol I prefer to be further up, it's more fun to see everyone jump up when we score.

Guest HABSGUY80

Thanks for all the info everyone...it is much appreciated

From what you guys are saying, i'm guessing that i'll have a better time sitting 302 Row FF than 314 row AA . Can't wait !

Guest lfrommtl
Thanks for all the info everyone...it is much appreciated

From what you guys are saying, i'm guessing that i'll have a better time sitting 302 Row FF than 314 row AA . Can't wait !

take 314 aa your in the section bnear the molson ex zone it'll be loudd

Guest HabsSince84

I really liked sitting in the 200's. That's the Dejardins club and you get unlimited food and drink (not alcohol) included with your ticket... Good view of all the rink though

Guest Price4Prez

That would be my tickets!!

Desjardins

D

5-6

Can't beat that!

(I have sat in every section, including on the glass,platinum, and in the loges)

Depends what you want, the atmosphere in reds is not as wild as up in the whites, greys and blues, but the view on the ice is better. Last year I had tickets for games in red 101, red 102 and red 124, it was great being close to the ice following the game, also seeing the players faces during action. Must say, if you go to several games, then get at least one ticket in the upper sections.

Enjoy!!! I am sure you will have a great time.

Guest habsrule4eva3089

After watching games in the lowers and uppers , me personally i prefer sitting in the whites to blues. It's SOOO MUCH FUN.... the atmostphere is just like WOW.... down below no one's into it and it's kinda boring when we lose. In the uppers people screaming the whole time yelling anything they want. And the view isn't that bad, i mean all the seats in the Centre Bell have a good view...Can't wait till the playoffs i'm going to try getting tix up there. Must be even more nuts during the Cup Run.

Archived