The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal Junior Hockey Club

Guest mateus
To bad fans in St. John's, Newfoundland, couldn't get behind this team. I found it more enjoyable than the AHL product, but this so called " hockey town

" didn't support it that well, although for average attendance we were about the middle of the pack. A lousy lease aggreement and having to pay airfae for every team that came it, plus a poor relationship with city council, who run the stadium and were outbid by the Fog Devils owners, killed this team. PLus I do think the owners paniced and sold a bit to early, the Fog Devils were only here 2 1/2 half seasons.

I predict major junior will be back in St. John's as the our previous mayor, who hated hockey, is gone, and we have a 6 year old awesome stadium with nothing but the odd concert and public skating to pay the bills. :)

Wedid have anice jersey than the Montreal junior team's, imo, but I do see what they are trying for. God luck to them, some good players on that team, some may carry over from this season.

fogdeviljersey.jpg

hey futon!

maybe you can fill us in on the ex-fog devils, im definatly interested to see what they can provide on ice but dont want to wait till october to find out!

so who's who?

-Matt

Guest Maritimer11
To bad fans in St. John's, Newfoundland, couldn't get behind this team. I found it more enjoyable than the AHL product, but this so called " hockey town

" didn't support it that well, although for average attendance we were about the middle of the pack. A lousy lease aggreement and having to pay airfae for every team that came it, plus a poor relationship with city council, who run the stadium and were outbid by the Fog Devils owners, killed this team. PLus I do think the owners paniced and sold a bit to early, the Fog Devils were only here 2 1/2 half seasons.

I predict major junior will be back in St. John's as the our previous mayor, who hated hockey, is gone, and we have a 6 year old awesome stadium with nothing but the odd concert and public skating to pay the bills. :)

Wedid have anice jersey than the Montreal junior team's, imo, but I do see what they are trying for. God luck to them, some good players on that team, some may carry over from this season.

fogdeviljersey.jpg

I've heard some pretty bad numbers, something like they lost $700,000 already this year along with big loses the last few years. Your exatly right you got a lousy deal, every team getting flown in and they pay something like 75% of the travel expense? That is crazy.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
To bad fans in St. John's, Newfoundland, couldn't get behind this team. I found it more enjoyable than the AHL product, but this so called " hockey town" didn't support it that well, although for average attendance we were about the middle of the pack. A lousy lease aggreement and having to pay airfae for every team that came it, plus a poor relationship with city council, who run the stadium and were outbid by the Fog Devils owners, killed this team. PLus I do think the owners paniced and sold a bit to early, the Fog Devils were only here 2 1/2 half seasons. I predict major junior will be back in St. John's as the our previous mayor, who hated hockey, is gone, and we have a 6 year old awesome stadium with nothing but the odd concert and public skating to pay the bills. :) Wedid have anice jersey than the Montreal junior team's, imo, but I do see what they are trying for. God luck to them, some good players on that team, some may carry over from this season.fogdeviljersey.jpg
I didnt like the fogdevils ever and i am really close to St. Johns. I cant even name a single player on the team. I hope we can get an AHL team in the near future.

Guest futon

Well, where do you think the AHL players play before they are drafted? The QMJHL is one of those leagues. Ask Michael Ryder what league he played in. How about Sidney Crosby? Mario LeMieux? Guess what junior league they were in. How about LaFleur and Roy?

It's that lack of hockey knowledge and an AHL hangover that also helped kill this team. I'd be embarrassed if I were you.

But we could wish the Baby Leafs were still here so we could watch Kris Newbury.... :rolleyes:

Here's a list of QMJHL NHL drafted players. http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=3887465

Guest futon
hey futon!

maybe you can fill us in on the ex-fog devils, im definatly interested to see what they can provide on ice but dont want to wait till october to find out!

so who's who?

-Matt

I'll direct you here; http://qmjhleast.proboards81.com/index.cgi?board=foggies

Also here; http://www.fogdevils.com/newsite/index.php

5 players were drafted in the last NHL draft, highest pick was TJ Brennan, first pick in the second round, taken by Buffalo. Defenceman.

I don't know who'll be back next season, there may be a big change, so I've heard. This year is the first season the team was decently competitive.

Guest mateus
I'll direct you here; http://qmjhleast.proboards81.com/index.cgi?board=foggies

Also here; http://www.fogdevils.com/newsite/index.php

5 players were drafted in the last NHL draft, highest pick was TJ Brennan, first pick in the second round, taken by Buffalo. Defenceman.

I don't know who'll be back next season, there may be a big change, so I've heard. This year is the first season the team was decently competitive.

well maybe the new suroundings will help them a little more,

so long as they get a playoff birth(which doesnt seem impossible in the Q) i think this town will love them!

and thanks for the links!

-Matt

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived