The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

St. Louis @ Montreal | Mar. 18 2008 | Final: 4-3 St. Louis (S/O)

leafsrebuild

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking

STL.gifMTL.gif

Since Huet's departure, Price and Halak have allowed only 20 goals with combined save percentage of .940.

Starting Goaltenders

For Montréal:

JAROSLAV HALAK

8470860.jpg

Sv% GAA

.965 1.13

For St.Louis

MANNY LEGACE

8459308.jpg

GAA Sv%

2.43 .910

Stats

Montréal L10

7-3-0

St. Louis L10

1-8-1

Team Leaders:

GOALS: 37 B. Boyes - 31 A. Kovalev

ASSISTS: 40 P. Kariya - 43 A. Kovalev

+/-: 13 D. Perron - 13 A. Kovalev

OT GOALS: 0 P. Kariya - 1 A. Kovalev

The Montréal Canadiens are looking for their third victory in four games, and the St. Louis Blues, are trying avoid setting a franchise record with their 11th straight road loss.

- Associated Press

* Not totally sure who St.Louis's starter is. Too sick/tired to find out ;)

Guest Flying Lion

Don't want to be too complacent, easy as it might be.

With Ottawa down a game, we're sitting pretty.

All these "given"s, though, need to be taken

So there is no way of mistakin'

Canadiens are the Team to beat.

Guest habsfan_10
A winnable game and a game I want Halak to win!

yep a winnable game GO HABS GOOOOOOOO and with Halak or Price i want them to win! lots of teams are looking at are goalie and saying wow they have two great goalies :-) sux to be them hehe

Guest Hybrid Soldier

This is our chance to get a 4 point lead on Ottawa tonight.. i'd really like to see Halak keep up his win streak at the Bell Centre too. :lol: We need to capitalize on our opportunities when it happens because we can't take this team lightly regardless of their place in the league.

GO HABS GO!

Guest bigsby

i've been waiting for the gameday thread and yet i have nothing to say about the blues...

only five players are a plus on the team and they seem like a mishmash of old and new talent. i have no idea what kind of style they play...maybe they don't have one...

it'll be a tight game if the habs don't bring their 'a' game and run them out of town. i've seen only one 60min effort (jersey)from the habs since before the rangers game...if they keep playing down to their opponents they're going to run into trouble.

i'd like to see the first unit pp get something done and i'd like to see a smart, disciplined hockey game. they shouldn't have to be fancy to win, an effective passing game should be enough.

is max still sitting? (boooo, if he is).

Guest keithman

Another weaker team, Habs better pounce on them early and knock them out of the game, unlike what they did with Islanders and that wack first period.

Guest CanadianMike
i've been waiting for the gameday thread and yet i have nothing to say about the blues...

only five players are a plus on the team and they seem like a mishmash of old and new talent. i have no idea what kind of style they play...maybe they don't have one...

it'll be a tight game if the habs don't bring their 'a' game and run them out of town. i've seen only one 60min effort (jersey)from the habs since before the rangers game...if they keep playing down to their opponents they're going to run into trouble.

i'd like to see the first unit pp get something done and i'd like to see a smart, disciplined hockey game. they shouldn't have to be fancy to win, an effective passing game should be enough.

is max still sitting? (boooo, if he is).

yeah he is :(

same lineup as last game. :)

Guest jennifer_rocket

I expect another big win from Montreal, tonight! Let's continue to show the bottom-dwellers of the league that there are no easy nights when you play the Montreal Canadiens. We cannot be complacent, as we still have several tough games left in the season. Two points tonight will go a long way to keeping us in 1st for our division! Go team!

Guest bigsby
I hope the 'deadness' of the forum is not an indication of how the game will be tonight :blink:

good grief. the team had better have more energy than we do!

Apparently, the Blues had their rookie dinner in Montreal. $39,000 on Champagne :blink:

LOL. liquid dinner?

Guest AlexK

How long has John Davidson been GM of the Blues? They say this is the first time in history the team will most the playoffs for 3 years in a row. I loved JD as a commentator. I wonder how good a GM he will end up being.

Guest bigsby
$85 per head of French Cuisine food, the rest was all liquid :D

seriously? wow. a lot of people are going to take this team lightly tonight.

the habs have no excuse if they don't show tonight.

Guest habsgal

I hope the boys come out in full throttle this evening. Everything can't rest on the shoulders of Halak. Full steam ahead with a relentless work effort. Let's get our home town fans in this one.

GO HABS GO!

Guest 77Bourque77
RDS says we need 2 wins to clinch a playoff spot, is that true?

posters on here have said 4 wins, i dont really know whos right

Guest AlexK

Buffalo has 79 points with 9 games left. If they won all nine games they would have 97 points. That means the Habs would need 98 points to clinch I believe.

Archived