The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Playoff Support: Beards? Wearing Certain Colours? Car Flags? Discuss Here

CanadianMike

Guest Godfather
lucky oakland raiders shirt comes thru in game 7!!!!! combioned with carbos tie nothing can beat us when the chips are down :P and my beard is driving me crazy i had to shave the neck part but its still driving me crazy. hahaha i dont care!!!!

i actually shaved my playoff beard for game 7, im glad it worked lol

Guest thefooligan5
My new ritual is going to seem odd to some of you, because it's killing me. I cannot watch the game on tv or follow with you guys on the board during the game itself! :( Every time I post in the game thread during the game or watch the lads on tv they stink the joint out, so I figured that I must be bad luck to the Habs! :(:o Therefore I will celebrate with the gang on here after the wins :D (for proof of this ridiculous theory I din't pay attention to game seven until 4 minutes left in the 3rd period when they were up 3-0 even though I wanted to turn on the tv and check in on the board about every 30 seconds! I did get to see the last two goals, a nice consolation. To conclude, I'm taking one for the team boys and girls by NOT joining you on the board during the game or even watching intently on TV, the ultimate fan sacrifice no? (and the ultimate in silly superstitions! :lol: )

Dude, there is a time and a place to make sacrifices and this is not it. I should clarify, when you can actually effect the team by what you are actively doing then I can understand not doing. Example - if you have a thing for dancing around the habs locker room naked while the mist of two Axe body spray can falls gently on your shoulders, I can completely understand ceasing said ritual because that utter stench of Axe body spray may genuinely have an effect on the players. But to torture yourself and not watch the habs games because you think it will help them is pointless. I would not even be a hab fan if I didn;t think I would be able to watch a game from time to time. Where is the fun in not actively participating in the game experience (i.e. watching the game)? I could literally forge a newspaper or something of that nature and simply make up scores and you would not know anything different. Please, you are no more important than myself or the other several thousand members on this board. Just watch the games and enjoy them. That is the entire point of creating areas and television stations which cover hockey games.It is a sport that is meant to be communal (as are most every sport) and I am almost certain that the habs players themselves would want to be happy and watch them play. It just so happens that MILLIONS of people have been watching the habs thus far in the playoffs and they have made it to the second round. I mean in all seriousness, if the habs were genuinely effected by your participation in the games then why did they score two goals and the bruins none when you tuned in late during game seven? I mean the game was still wide open with less than 5 minutes to go. We have seen 3 goals scored that quickly before so I would take that as conclusive evidence that the habs do not always suck in your presence. Teams win and teams lose but what is special in montreal in the fans participating in the action. Join us brother and have some fun :)

Guest TOHABSfan16
Dude, there is a time and a place to make sacrifices and this is not it. I should clarify, when you can actually effect the team by what you are actively doing then I can understand not doing. Example - if you have a thing for dancing around the habs locker room naked while the mist of two Axe body spray can falls gently on your shoulders, I can completely understand ceasing said ritual because that utter stench of Axe body spray may genuinely have an effect on the players. But to torture yourself and not watch the habs games because you think it will help them is pointless. I would not even be a hab fan if I didn;t think I would be able to watch a game from time to time. Where is the fun in not actively participating in the game experience (i.e. watching the game)? I could literally forge a newspaper or something of that nature and simply make up scores and you would not know anything different. Please, you are no more important than myself or the other several thousand members on this board. Just watch the games and enjoy them. That is the entire point of creating areas and television stations which cover hockey games.It is a sport that is meant to be communal (as are most every sport) and I am almost certain that the habs players themselves would want to be happy and watch them play. It just so happens that MILLIONS of people have been watching the habs thus far in the playoffs and they have made it to the second round. I mean in all seriousness, if the habs were genuinely effected by your participation in the games then why did they score two goals and the bruins none when you tuned in late during game seven? I mean the game was still wide open with less than 5 minutes to go. We have seen 3 goals scored that quickly before so I would take that as conclusive evidence that the habs do not always suck in your presence. Teams win and teams lose but what is special in montreal in the fans participating in the action. Join us brother and have some fun :)

I couldn't stay away, the real reason I missed most of game seven was because I had a paper I could absolutely put off no longer :P and had to concentrate. I enjoyed the second period on last night with the rest of ya :D

Guest grimwulf

i got the biker beard growing in nice ( shaved neck and chin ) and before every series starts i reshave my head seems to be working so far

Guest jeff33
i actually shaved my playoff beard for game 7, im glad it worked lol

oh man i was so close to doing it and now that we won i have to keep it. ITS SO ITCHY

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking
My new ritual is going to seem odd to some of you, because it's killing me. I cannot watch the game on tv or follow with you guys on the board during the game itself! :( Every time I post in the game thread during the game or watch the lads on tv they stink the joint out, so I figured that I must be bad luck to the Habs! :(:o Therefore I will celebrate with the gang on here after the wins :D (for proof of this ridiculous theory I din't pay attention to game seven until 4 minutes left in the 3rd period when they were up 3-0 even though I wanted to turn on the tv and check in on the board about every 30 seconds! I did get to see the last two goals, a nice consolation. To conclude, I'm taking one for the team boys and girls by NOT joining you on the board during the game or even watching intently on TV, the ultimate fan sacrifice no? (and the ultimate in silly superstitions! :lol: )

Falling slave to superstitions like me? I try not to think of new ones. NEVER. NEVER. I've gotten myself into a mess with too many superstitions. :lol:

MUST:

Pray to God, and the Forum Ghosts and ask them to let the Habs score [it worked against Philly, the broken stick. BAM!]

If needed: Before overtime, Drink A glass of orange juice and use the bathroom and then tell myself the Habs are going to score.

DO NOT:

Wear unlucky gray jacket.

I'm pretty weird, I could be a goalie. :lol:

Guest Ellie
Falling slave to superstitions like me? I try not to think of new ones. NEVER. NEVER. I've gotten myself into a mess with too many superstitions. :lol:

MUST:

Pray to God, and the Forum Ghosts and ask them to let the Habs score [it worked against Philly, the broken stick. BAM!]

If needed: Before overtime, Drink A glass of orange juice and use the bathroom and then tell myself the Habs are going to score.

DO NOT:

Wear unlucky gray jacket.

I'm pretty weird, I could be a goalie. :lol:

LOL you sound like me it's not even funny. I don't really believe in superstitions, but I have developed a game-day routine to support the team. My boyfriend doesn't understand and he thinks I am crazy. Like, I wear my habs socks and I pull them up whenever the Habs looks sloppy. I can't go pee during the game, I have to sit in the same spot and can only stand up to celebrate positive things like when they score. Like Carbo and his tie, I break out my habs baseball cap for very special key games (e.g., game 7). I frequently yell "come on Maurice!". I don't listen to the game on the radio, but I watch it whenever it's on tv here. Also, no playoff legs for this girl ;) you can call me crazy, but that is what I do to support our team :P

Guest jeff33
Falling slave to superstitions like me? I try not to think of new ones. NEVER. NEVER. I've gotten myself into a mess with too many superstitions. :lol: MUST: Pray to God, and the Forum Ghosts and ask them to let the Habs score [it worked against Philly, the broken stick. BAM!]If needed: Before overtime, Drink A glass of orange juice and use the bathroom and then tell myself the Habs are going to score. DO NOT: Wear unlucky gray jacket.I'm pretty weird, I could be a goalie. :lol:
hahahaha you could be. i was and every game i had to pack my stuff a certain way, after having it stored a certain way, no one could touch any of it, i would put it on in a certain way, left side first, everything in a specific order.....i liked to sit in the corner if possible, be the first guy on the ice, not skate over the lines, not look into the net, not really try to stop any shots in warmup cause god forbid i tried to make a save and it went in anyway, NEVER take a puck out of the net cuz thats what i would be doing all night.....tape the sticks a certain way.....it just goes on and on. yuor well on your way though my friend :P
LOL you sound like me it's not even funny. I don't really believe in superstitions, but I have developed a game-day routine to support the team. My boyfriend doesn't understand and he thinks I am crazy. Like, I wear my habs socks and I pull them up whenever the Habs looks sloppy. I can't go pee during the game, I have to sit in the same spot and can only stand up to celebrate positive things like when they score. Like Carbo and his tie, I break out my habs baseball cap for very special key games (e.g., game 7). I frequently yell "come on Maurice!". I don't listen to the game on the radio, but I watch it whenever it's on tv here. Also, no playoff legs for this girl ;) you can call me crazy, but that is what I do to support our team :P
i know what you mean about the hat, i have my lucky shirt but i only wear it for the special key games. hahah what a bunch of weirdos we are :lol:

Guest ryan.go.habs

Last weekend I went to a sporting store in Winnipeg and the lady said they had 20 Habs car flags but there was a line-up at the door and they all sold out as soon as they opened. Crazy. I cant find any car flags anywhere. I want to show my support!

Archived