The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Playoff Support: Beards? Wearing Certain Colours? Car Flags? Discuss Here

Guest habbyferret

here in edmonton i thought i was the only one with the habs flag flying, had it on 2 weeks before season ended, then just recently ive seen 2 more. thats 3 flags coming from edmonton go habs go cant wait till thursday :D

Guest montreal_myk

i just ran into the ultimate flag man. He's got one of those suburban long suv's. He has one on every window including the back ones. 7 flags flying high. awesome. i had 2 myself until i opened my windows by mistake flying down the highway. I know they've sold out at many wal marts and canadian tires around mtl.

That's awesome that they're flying in different cities other than Montreal.

GO HABS GO

myk

Guest mateus
now now, some really big Habs fans come from the USA
not to mention two of our biggest players.personally, i find this idea a little off...calgary, ottawa and edmonton did this i believe and it didnt make much of a difference by stanley cup final.you want to support the team? cheer your lungs out so that the bell is nothing bu deffening to all in attendance.
now now, some really big Habs fans come from the USA
not to mention two of our biggest players.personally, i find this idea a little off...calgary, ottawa and edmonton did this i believe and it didnt make much of a difference by stanley cup final.you want to support the team? cheer your lungs out so that the bell is nothing but deffening to all in attendance.

Guest HabSteve
Where did you get it? I'm definitly not buying them at Couche-Tard nor Provi-Soir...

I found mine at a store called l'Imaginaire at Place Laurier

I think they had some at Pulsion Sports (Galleries de la capitale ) but it would probably be better to call first instead of going for nothing

if not itseems Canadian Tire has some, maybe walmart?

Guest Dedricthere
I have two flags that flap on the rear windows of my car.

I bought them from this guy on the street... :lol: He's in the parking lot of a mall with his car with like 10 habs flags on his windows and like 6 huge 5'x3' flags mounted on his roof. He was litterally selling them out of his trunk. (I'm not gonna say where because it's probably not exactly legal... but dang, he's making $$$! He sold 10 flags in the 5 minute span I was there to buy mine...)

I love those guys out of trunks, Feels like some good american hustle. It's surprising they don't get arrested in "I need 25 permits to fart" Quebec.

Guest Rabid Habs fan

Awsome i have two on my car !! I live just outside Ottawa and i love the glares and stares .And yes the ocasional thumbs up

On the Other hand you could count the Sens flags on one hand LOL . OHH how the mighty have fallen

I have my Game 5 tix and cant wait OLAYAA OLAYY OLAYY .

GO HABS GO

Kert the Rabid Habs Fan

Guest GoHabs-or-GoHome

I'v had my flag flying since mid January. I live in the Kitchener area and I have to say I have seen at least 8 other cars with hab flags. The leaf flags were flying very low this year not surprisingly haha. Usually a lot more out there but the later the leafs went in the season the less flags out there and only the real ballzy leaf fans were flying them just around elimination night.

I am happy to say that a city that is very pro Maple Leaf has absolutely no leaf flags flying any longer :) Only those poor people that have the Maple Leaf emblem embedded on their license plates haha

I expect to see a lot more Montreal flags by Thursday, I remember last playofff time. I think the city is becoming more and more habitant with draft picks coming out of our great OHL team (Kitchener Rangers) and local boy Gregory Stewart making his NHL debut Saturday.

Guest olddude
Awsome i have two on my car !! I live just outside Ottawa and i love the glares and stares .And yes the ocasional thumbs up

On the Other hand you could count the Sens flags on one hand LOL . OHH how the mighty have fallen

I have my Game 5 tix and cant wait OLAYAA OLAYY OLAYY .

GO HABS GO

Kert the Rabid Habs Fan

Um, I don't know of any easy way to say this, so I'll just spit it out. We're winning in 4, sorry. :unsure:

Guest Y ASK Y

Was at the Bell Centre Boutique to buy a jersey for my niece and nephew last Sunday. The cashier reaches under the counter and plops the flag along with my purchases. My french is poor but I could basically tell that she said the flag comes with the jersey purchase.

Normally, I don't adorn, hang, add, glue, etc anything to my car inside or out because I like things simple and clean. But when I got the flag, I had the biggest smile because I was picturing driving around Toronto with the flag proudly flying in the wind. Stupid laff fans! lol

Oh ya, quick story, went to work with it and when I came out, it was gone. I was about to call the police to report the theft. :) Turns out the president of the company and his buddy took it. Said they will give it back. They better.

Guest Dintrox12

Live in Northern Alberta -- Have yet to see a Habs flag but when I find one myself ... I will proudly hang one on my car ... surprisingly few oilers flags this year lol and very few flame flags either.btw.....

Guest Dintrox12

I live in Northern Alberta so I've seen no flags yet... I am looking and will proudly hang it ... Wonder why there are so few oilers flags this year ? ;) ....

Guest Werzoth

I live in Laval (QC) and there's definitely a lot of them now. Every time I look around I see at least one car with a flag, it's really neat B)

Guest 77Bourque77
Man, I've been driving all around Vegas and I haven't seen ONE Habs flag yet....I don't understand..... :unsure:

:lol: i wonder why :P

i need to buy one for my car, but i have a cd holder that has the habs logo on it so i threw it in the back so you can see in back windsheild.

Last April I was living in the GTA.

I had Habs stickers all over my car, but I had saved the car flag for when the Habs made the playoffs.

As we all know they didn't.

I got hassled all the time, cause my car is red and has CH logos all over the windows and bumper.

I told the kids: "soon as we make the playoffs, that car flag is going up."

We waited one year.

Now I am back in Montreal suburbia.

The day after it became official the Habs were in the post season, my kids and I went out and put up our car flag.

In my town, on the North shore of montreal, they are everywhere. Most of my neighbours have them, and I cannot drive a block without seeing one.

I can't even imagine what it's like for people who live on the island. They must be everywhere.

Guest moe181

Well I live just outside the GTA, and I park my car at a train station in Toronto...

Needless to say I'm worried if I put a flag/stickers up something will happen to my car, so yah as awesome as it would be I don't think I'll be putting a flag on my car :(

Guest Sashaband

werd^^^^

I live in burlington, ontario. I was born in Montreal and have alot of family still there, but where I live now, it's best that I keep my flag in my car when I'm parked or someone will do damage to either my flag, or my car.

It's very ironic that I see this thread here today as I finally got my flag today. Another irony is that if I didn't get it today, I would be getting one this weekend as I'm going to Montreal to visit family. You just can't find Habs flags where I'm living now. It's all Toronto.

A client at my place of employment came to work today and presented me with a flag. She's a Habs fan. Her sister lives in Montreal and she had her mail her 2 flags. One was for her, and the other one was for me. She didn't ask for a dime, she just gave it to me. Totally and I mean totally made my day.

Go Habs Go.

A client at my place of employment came to work today and presented me with a flag. She's a Habs fan. Her sister lives in Montreal and she had her mail her 2 flags. One was for her, and the other one was for me. She didn't ask for a dime, she just gave it to me. Totally and I mean totally made my day.

Go Habs Go.

That is very cool...good karma for this person!

Guest Rabid Habs fan
werd^^^^

I live in burlington, ontario. I was born in Montreal and have alot of family still there, but where I live now, it's best that I keep my flag in my car when I'm parked or someone will do damage to either my flag, or my car.

It's very ironic that I see this thread here today as I finally got my flag today. Another irony is that if I didn't get it today, I would be getting one this weekend as I'm going to Montreal to visit family. You just can't find Habs flags where I'm living now. It's all Toronto.

Go Habs Go.

My wife and i were from Burlington a great city and cloes enough to go see the bulldogs play , we moved to the Ottawa Valley 6 years ago. In fact i am taking my dad to game 5 (he has been a habs fan for overv 60myears ) My parents have owend a Tire buisness in Burlington for over 33years . He is just stoked about going the playoffs i even paid for club seats . If it does not go to game 5 . I will get seats for the second round .

GO HABS GO

Guest Cenner Hice
...you want to support the team? cheer your lungs out so that the bell is nothing but deafening to all in attendance.

Gzactly (and I think this will happen anyway - w00t!!!).

I'll be cheering from the comfort of my own home - it's a bit far to get to the Bell.

Guest sherby_habs_fan

i live in Sherbrooke and yesterday i saw about 20 flags on cars, i have mine so 21 ha ha.

i also saw tons of hats, shirts,and coats with the Habs logo on it

its crazy but not only in MOntreal, i think they should change their marketing thing : ''la ville est hockey'' its not true! the province is hockey!!

habs fans are everywhere

go habs go!!

Guest Hamilton Habs

Live in Cambridge ON, I have to say I see more Habs gear and flags then any other team! I am a season ticket holder and have my vintage flag on the car. I cant wait to get into Montreal tomorrow to see how crazy things are!!

Archived