The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montréal @ Boston | Mar. 20 2008 | Final: 4-2 Habs

leafsrebuild

Predict Tonights Game!  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Montréal
    • Boston [ You must NOT pick this option or I might have to kill you... :) ]

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking
MTL.gifBOS.gif

Canadiens vs Bruins

STARTING GOALTENDERS

Montreal: CAREY PRICE :wub:

news_Price_MTL.jpg

SV% .915 GAA 2.69

Boston: TIM THOMAS Various_Artists-yucky.gif

8460703.jpg

GAA 2.54 SV% .920

TEAM LEADERS

For Montreal:

Goals: 31 - ALEX KOVALEV
Assists: 43 - ALEX KOVALEV
+/-: 13 - ALEX KOVALEV
OT GOALS: 1 - ALEX KOVALEV
[Who else? :P ]

For the Bruins:

Goals: 24 - M. Sturm
Assists: 63 - M. Savard
+/-: 11 - Z. Chara
Ot Goals: 2 - A. Ward

TV INFO

National TV:
TSN (HD),RDS (HD)
Local Home:
NESN (HD)

445065405_small.jpg

GO HABS GO!

*I've kinda been doing too many of these threads, but they're so fun. ;) I'll leave the next few games for other people.

Guest Onzeee

we have won 18 of 22 vs boston since october 2005, at some point the cards will change and i feel it will be soon. also Chara checks back in for them tommorownight which isnt good news

this home and home will be playoff hockey they are desperate and we need to buckle down play mean and rough and be willing to sacrifice. being 3pts out of 6th should be enough motivation

Guest kinot1

Becaue the Beanies are hunting for a playoff spot, they should bring their "A" game, so I am looking for our Habs to pick it up about 4 notches. We "usually" play to the other teams level, so I am expecting a great game and another 2 pts.

GO HABS GO

Guest Me_Habs_Fan
Going to be at this game. Should be intense!

GO HABS GO!!!

Yes, should be very intense with Boston fighting for their playoff lives. Have fun & Enjoy the game .. Blockoman.

Anyone remember the Boston / Habs Brawl? It was quite the brawl. Here

The pressure is on Boston .. Must win situation cause it isn't going to get any easier for them.

Oh and were getting an ice storm here in my part of NB.

Guest Onzeee
Yes, should be very intense with Boston fighting for their playoff lives. Have fun & Enjoy the game .. Blockoman.

Anyone remember the Boston / Habs Brawl? It was quite the brawl. Here

The pressure is on Boston .. Must win situation cause it isn't going to get any easier for them.

Oh and were getting an ice storm here in my part of NB.

things aint any easier for us either, 3pts out of 6th

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Montreal is in for a tough game tonight I feel. Boston is desperate to make the playoffs and need all the points they can get. They will also be determined to beat us for once.

Have to try and capitalize on our chances and SCORE FIRST! If we do, they will immediately lose confidence.

C'MON BOYS! LETS WIN THIS GAME! GO HABS GO!

Guest Innis_Mor

Bruins having a heck of a time scoring any goals, and Price is not going to help their cause any tonight.

I am predicting a 4-1 win for the Habs!!

Guest CanadianMike
Bruins having a heck of a time scoring any goals, and Price is not going to help their cause any tonight.

I am predicting a 4-1 win for the Habs!!

really hope you are right! Was just talking to a coworker and we were wondering if it will finally be the Bruins time to beat the Habs. Let's hope not. These points are very important to both teams obviously and I am sure it will feel like playoff hockey tonight. Let's do this Habs.

GO PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!

Hab's need to play a full 60 minutes not 25 minutes like last game. Boston will not be an easy feat, they are trying to fight to stay in that playoff spot, and will be playing a playoff type game. Hab's also need to get those two points tonight to stay where they are. Should be an interesting game.

Go Habs Go!!!!

Guest muskeg

will be around for this one...either on radio or TV if i can get the clown upstairs to let me watch it in his apartment.

looking forward to this game and hoping the boys play a hard 60 minutes for a well-earned and much needed 2 points.

its nice being this late in the season and those "much needed points" are for 1st in the conference instead f 8th

Guest Captain_K

Anyone know if Chara is going to be reading for the game? I heard talks that he was going to play tonight. I hope not....Even though he usually plays really poorly agaisnt us, I really do not want to see him in the lineup.

Aside from that, I hope to see us play a full 60 minutes this time. I'm fed up up this 1 period play that we've been doing lately. Come on guys, this game is pretty important. We have to step all over the Bruins.

Guest TORHABSFAN

Halak's home win streak ended, St. Louis lossing streak ended, Now its time for the streak of broken streaks to end..

We must keep our streak alive!!!! 7-0 baby!! 10-0 going back to last year.

But at the same time I almost want Boston to get 1 point here tonight.. I want the Bruins in the playoffs as they would be a more ideal match up then Washington or basicly anyother team..

So If the Habs can win OT tonight that suites me just fine.. But a win in regulation is more then ok too. :)

Guest Innis_Mor
can't wait to see the lines for tonight's game now that Begin is OK to play (Team990). Maybe Max will have to sit again :(
Begin skated hard at practice Wednesday but the team was waiting to see how he felt today after that.My guess is that they'll not play him, let him continue skating 'till Saturday, and start him back then -- "rather not rush him".I am hoping Laps is in today, rest Smoli for a game or two.

Who Will Win? Poll Results (currently):

Montréal [ 18 ] ** [94.74%]

Boston [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]

OK, who let the Bruin fan in? !! :D

Guest arrowsno13

Gonna be a tough home and home series. Two keys to win...

1. Steve Begin

2. Maxim Lapierre

We need these two to go out there and play their style. Begin knows how to get under Chara's skin and Maxim knows how to get under everyone's skin. He hasn't done that this year. When MadMax is on his game and he does his job he can really make a difference. My line-up for tonight would be:

AK46/Pleks/AK27

Higgi/Grabs/SK74

Lats/Koivu/Streit

Begs/Max/Kosto

Koms/Marko

Hammer/Dandy

Bouls/Gorges

A lot of you might disagree with Dandy back at the point but he does have offensive abilities and I'd rather have him back there than Breeze-by or O'Byrne. O'Byrne has his moments but he still has a way to go before he gets the confidence he needs to be a top 6 defenceman on this team. Dandy can also swtich up with Streit right after a PP.

We need these points! GO Habs GO!

Archived