The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Any Past Or Present Habs From Your Hometown?

Dintrox12

Guest Dintrox12

I can think of two past players from my hometown..

Both had very brief stints...

Cesare Maniago -- "Hail Cesare" played 14 games for the Habs (62-63) He did make it to the Hall of Fame after He was drafted by minnesota in the expansion draft.. I think he still has the stars franchise record there for games played by a goalie..

Ed Cristofoli - He played 9 games (89-90). He had been a star at the University of Denver but never made an impact in the NHL.

Guest 77Bourque77

Matt D'Agostini- played for the the Guelph Storm, went to my high school

actually a lot of good players have come from the Guelph Storm.

Dustin Brown

Ryan Callahan

Dan Clutchie(SP)

Manny Malhotra

Guest RadioHab

Dandy is from my town and was in my friends class. I am the same age but went to a different school, aparently he was alwase MUCH better than anyone else in any sport he played. He also told me that he is a really nice guy.

Guest Habcup

These guys are not Habs players but still. Originally I lived in Laval (a little west of St-Dorothee). Lecavalier lived just accross on Ile Bizarre and his linemate, St-Louis is from St-Dorothee.

Guest den0923

I am from Schumacher Ontario (Timmins) , The Mahovolic's are from here, Don Lever (Bulldogs coach) is also from Schumacher. More players in NHL are from here. Like Steve sullivan

Guest Innis_Mor

One of note, and he's both "past and present" :D -- and of particular significance at the moment: Bob Gainey. His mother still lives around the corner from us.

There is really no one from this area that is thought any better of, not at least over recent history (last 30 years).

Solid person; a close, hard-working, family, in the old "values" tradition.

Guest Oatmeal777

Sidney Crosby lived (and still does?) live a relatively short drive from my house, in Cole Harbour. Two of my friends have met him buying salad at Pete's Frootique.

EDIT: I know Sid's not a hab lol

Habs and former Habs:
  • Mathieu Dandenault
  • Stephane Robidas
  • Yanic Perreault
  • Stephan Lebeau
Around the league:
  • Eric Belanger
  • Pierre-Marc Bouchard
  • David Perron
  • Jimmy Waite (I played against him)
  • Patrick Lebeau
... of the top of my head.

Guest Steckle

about 15 minutes away from my hometown lived the great howie morenz and my grandfather tells me that my great grandfater actually rembers wathcin him play including being at the one game when he saw the mtl scouts in attendance.

Others from my are that dont play for mtl include mark bell and boyd deveraux who went to the same highschool as me except years before

Guest Puck Hog

Kirk Muller and Doug Gilmour are both from my hometown (Kingston, Ontario). Also Graig Rivet played junior hockey here for the Frontenacs.

Guest ChitownHabby
These guys are not Habs players but still. Originally I lived in Laval (a little west of St-Dorothee). Lecavalier lived just accross on Ile Bizarre and his linemate, St-Louis is from St-Dorothee.

I played against Lecavalier as a kid, I am from Dollard Des Ormeaux. I am sure there are a few guys from the west island but Vinny is 'The one'

Guest Larry Robinson

Michael Ryder is not from my hometown but is very close I'd say we are approx 100-150 miles away.still proud to call him a newfie. :D:D

Guest ryderfan73

Michael ryder, lives about 5 houses away from me

adam pardy ( quad city flames, CGY drafted him )

daniel ryder ( flames also drafted him )

Guest hablover

not sure if P.K. was born in Belleville,

but he was raised here and played for the Belleville Bulls and I watched him play many games for them, actually...i still do and am going to watch him tomorrow night!

Archived