The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Boston @ Montreal | Mar. 22 2008 | Final: 3-2 Habs (S/O)

fourtrax

Borrowed from Eric Staal's Game Thread on the French side of the forum:

BOS.gifMTL.gif

Starting Goalies:

Carey Price

price_inside_30oct.jpg

GAA: 2.67 / Save Percentage: .916

Alex Auld

sp0317_bruins_03-17-08_QI9DFDQ.jpg

GAA: 2.71 / Save Percentage: .906

Top Scorers (Habs):

A. Kovalev 33 goals 44 assists 77 Pts

T. Plekanec 27 goals 37 assists 64 Pts

S. Koivu 16 goals 39 assists 55 Pts

Top Scorers (Bruins):

M. Savard 14 goals 63 assists 77 Pts

M. Sturm 24 goals 27 assists 51 Pts

Z. Chara 16 goals 32 assists 48 Pts

Probable Starting Lineup:

Kovalev - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Grabovski - S.Kostitsyn

Bégin (?) - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Markov - O'Byrne

Hamrlik - Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Guest Innis_Mor

Thanks WM, for starting this up. Good job.

Auld to start in goal for Boston? Too bad (and not surprised), Habs are really in Thomas' head at this point.

Your line-up is official, or your guess? Streit on D rather than Brisebois? I am not disagreeing with any of it; just wondering if official or not.

I do think Carbo will platoon Brisebois and Streit on defense, in part to see who fares better as team heads towards play-off start without Komi.

No prob, just took it from Eric Staal in the French game thread. :)

Your line-up is official, or your guess? Streit on D rather than Brisebois? I am not disagreeing with any of it; just wondering if official or not.

Not official by any means, just a modified version of Eric Staal's lineup, substituting O'Byrne for Komisarek. I have no idea what the starting lineup will be.

Guest Stanley25

The scenario:

Like last year, we meet the Laffs for the final game of the regular season. The Laffs have made an improbable run to within 1 point of playoff contention. In a reverasal of fortune from last year, we pound the Laffs and eliminate them. Unlike the Laffs of last year, who where promptly eliminated from contention when their fate was controlled by another team, the Habs go on to sip from Lord Stanley's mug.

100 Years. 25 Stanley Cups. Let's go Canadiens! It's yours for the taking!

This is OUR time. On to glory...

Guest keithman

Latandresse is out for tonight, and Smolinski is in. Begin is also in, Streit on D.

will be interesting. we will miss Komi for the next 3 weeks.

According to HabsInside/Out practice pairings were

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Streit

O'Byrne - Bouillon

I figured that Carbonneau would of learned that changing every defensive pairing was a bad thing to do.

Guest Goodtown

Everyone will have to step up tonight and until we hit the playoffs. Being outshot nightly will guarantee more loses without Komi blocking all them shots!

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Guest 77Bourque77

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Streit

O'Byrne - Bouillon

I figured that Carbonneau would of learned that changing every defensive pairing was a bad thing to do.

well there is only so much he can do about the d situation. i would switch streit with obyrne, since he has been playing with hammer most of the season anyways. gorges gets his chance to show what he can do and im sure he wont fail.

Guest .scott.

Nice game thread.

Has activity at the forum been down, haven't seen to many posts lately.

I hope to find the time and get back to this forum.

Anyways, GO HABS GO!!!

Guest moe181
No way we are winning today. No one can replace komisarek

Now now, don't throw in the towel before the match has even begun.

Yes komi's a hard D-man to replace, but I think if we can up our offensive game in his absence then we won't have to spend too much time worrying about D. Remember what they say, the best defense is a good offense :)

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

Your optimism is overwhelming... <_<

I see this as a test. We've been lucky with the lack of injuries this year. If we can still press on without Big Mike, we'll be just fine. Just means that Price will have to step up a little more, as will our scorers. 8-0-0 coming against the Bruins!

Guest Bourne

So perhaps a goal or two extra will find their way on the scoresheet for Boston. That will give them what... well what's 2 + 0? :P

Anyhow Boston we can handle regardless, it is Ottawa that will give us a real run for our money. We have enough difficulty against them with Komisarek, let along without him. This is Gorges chance, however to really shine and I hope he takes advantage of this extremely unlikely opportunity.

To further note, Boston is out to kill us, it is not about mere winning with them any longer, nor has it been in years. They want to embarrass and maim us, quite simply because we have decimated them worse then a junior hockey team attempting to beat the Red Wings.

Guest olddude

Why not? We beat them last game without Komi and we'll do it again. We're in their heads and they will be too busy watching Kovy to do much of anything else. ;)

Guest d80jcrant

Habs lineup for tonight. Still we have three good line sthat can score. I am not worried. We have a great goalie in nets too.

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

S. Kostitsyn - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Lapierre - Grabovski

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Streit

Price

Guest olddude

Auld to start in goal for Boston? Too bad (and not surprised), Habs are really in Thomas' head at this point.

And Auld is saying, "gees, thanks a lot", he must be just a little nervous. :lol:

Guest shamrun

go habs go......well miss komisarek, but the team has to go forward from here on. + the ilse beat the devils...man we can still lead the conference. GO HABS GO..ps

for any that are desperate for a game...cbc is showing avs vs oils right now

Guest chromedome

This may be a little off topic at the moment,but I'm wondering if anyone has an answer for me?I am intending to buy Alex kovalev's dvd for my grandson for his birthday and,unfortunately,the other night when all the hype was made over the launch,I never really heard anything to indicate where in particular this could be bought.Any suggestions?Id love to get it in time for his B.Day on the 4th of April if possible.There is nothing about it on the Habs web site.Thanx loads.

Now to the task at hand!!!

[/size]Beat the crap out of those little teddy bears!!!

Go Habs Go!

Guest bigsby

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Streit

O'Byrne - Bouillon

no kidding. what's the point of the moving o'byrne? why would you put two hitting dmen together? i hope that's a misprint by habsinsideout or that it looks better on ice than it does on paper...

GO HABS!

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking

Do you think the Booins are going to try to hurt our better players? Like Kovy or Carey?

Just wondering :P

Archived