The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

* Which Dogs Would You Keep???

madsprite18

Guest swansee

I'll throw this out there, since a lot of our veteran Bulldogs will be UFAs or RFAs..........which veterans do you think the Bulldogs should hold onto for next year????

I personally would keep Baines, Cote and maybe Ferland.

Guest swansee
all the habs prospects.

Really? They are all Habs prospects but I doubt too many will make the NHL with Montreal at this point in their career.

Guest 1970 Habs

It is obvious that whatever UFA veterans are in Hamilton are not of NHL calibre so I say it is time to get the broom out and start with a new slate next year.

However that is just my opinion.

Guest 1970 Habs
Do you even watch the games? What we lack are consistent scores and consistent goaltenders.

:lol: New to the Forum I see.

Yes, I follow them quite closely as I do most if not all of the prospects.

I agree there is a lack of scoring and consistent goaltending now that Jaroslav has moved up to Montreal. That is about a third of the team. In my opinion the veterans have not really stepped up this season like they did last season. With the current meltdown I believe it is time to clean house and go a new direction - a fresh start so to speak.

There is a lot of deadwood in Hamilton that needs to be removed, young guys in Cincinatti playing well who deserve a shot in Hamilton next year and a bunch of players who will/have been signed coming out of juniors and the NCAA.

Again that is just my opinion and what I would like to see; but who knows what what will happen. :D

Guest Chrisfrom123
:lol: New to the Forum I see.

Yes, I follow them quite closely as I do most if not all of the prospects.

I agree there is a lack of scoring and consistent goaltending now that Jaroslav has moved up to Montreal. That is about a third of the team. In my opinion the veterans have not really stepped up this season like they did last season. With the current meltdown I believe it is time to clean house and go a new direction - a fresh start so to speak.

There is a lot of deadwood in Hamilton that needs to be removed, young guys in Cincinatti playing well who deserve a shot in Hamilton next year and a bunch of players who will/have been signed coming out of juniors and the NCAA.

Again that is just my opinion and what I would like to see; but who knows what what will happen. :D

Yeah, just found out about the little AHL section from the Dogs Blogs.

I agree they need to cut some dead weight. Yann's contract is up this year, he's definately got to go. Lahti has to go, as much as I like duncan I think its his time to go, Andrew Archer also has to go.

Good luck with stewart, hes good at getting under peoples skin, and hes a good fighter (Check out the video on the dogs site of him vs Murray, 4 solid punches and the fight is over in 10 seconds - its the first video)

Guest swansee
None, the AHL is like school, at one point you have to graduate...or drop out.

Well there are two at least: :D

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - 05:32PM

MONTREAL, QC – Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that the Club has recalled forwards Matt D’Agostini and Greg Stewart from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. This is each player’s first recall to the NHL and they will join the Canadiens at practice tomorrow morning at the Bell Centre.

D’Agostini, a 21-year-old native of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, has appeared in 70 games with Hamilton this season, ranking second in goals (20), assists (27) and points (47) with a team-high 216 shots and 32 penalty minutes. In 133-career AHL games with the Bulldogs, the 6-foot, 195-pound right-winger has collected 96 points (41-55-96) and 65 penalty minutes.

Selected by the Canadiens in the 6th round, 190th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, D’Agostini has yet to play a regular season game in the National Hockey League.

Stewart, 21, leads the Bulldogs with 137 penalty minutes and has registered 10 goals, seven assists, and 17 points in 69 games in his rookie campaign during the 2007-2008 AHL season. The native of Kitchener, Ontario, played in 62 games in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones last season, posting 23 points (8-15-23) and 126 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot-2, 201-pound left-winger was selected by Montreal in the 8th round, 246th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Guest swansee
Yeah, just found out about the little AHL section from the Dogs Blogs.

I agree they need to cut some dead weight. Yann's contract is up this year, he's definately got to go. Lahti has to go, as much as I like duncan I think its his time to go, Andrew Archer also has to go.

Good luck with stewart, hes good at getting under peoples skin, and hes a good fighter (Check out the video on the dogs site of him vs Murray, 4 solid punches and the fight is over in 10 seconds - its the first video)

Hi Chris! nice to see another Fan Forum exile here!

I'm afraid it is time to say goodbye to some favourites...........I'm not sure I'd lose Lahti yet though, he showed some flashes early season. Would you get rid of Locke? (tough call for me).

Guest 1970 Habs
Hi Chris! nice to see another Fan Forum exile here!

I'm afraid it is time to say goodbye to some favourites...........I'm not sure I'd lose Lahti yet though, he showed some flashes early season. Would you get rid of Locke? (tough call for me).

Hi Swansee:

I would keep both Locke and Lahti. Locke is a RFA so I think they he would provide good veteran presence to the Team.

Guest 1stroundpick

I agree that the dogs have lost any depth they had and just about all the talent has graduated to the NHL. Bob signed a few young guys this year that he hopes to bring to the farm next season. Its too bad he got draft choice for Huet instead of 1-2 young players . Anyhow there wont be much room for rookies in the habs lineup in the next years so they have time to stock the farm. In Bob we trust.

Guest miklin

nice to see Chris has found this forum (Amazed anyone found anything on the Dogs Blogs-what a waste of time). (Derek will never admit that dropping the forum has pretty well killed interest in the Dogs website.) I'm almost afraid to think what the lineup will look like this weekend in the Hammer. Any chance of a callup from Cinci or is that it?

The last darn game will be against the Marlies and we'll be putting a Jr B type squad on the ice with all those damn Toronto fans attending-the Horror-the Horror!

Guest swansee
Hi Swansee:

I would keep both Locke and Lahti. Locke is a RFA so I think they he would provide good veteran presence to the Team.

I agree with you 1970, I would probably keep Locke too, although he might get a fairer chance if he goes somewhere else. He has been one of our best

Guest swansee
nice to see Chris has found this forum (Amazed anyone found anything on the Dogs Blogs-what a waste of time). (Derek will never admit that dropping the forum has pretty well killed interest in the Dogs website.) I'm almost afraid to think what the lineup will look like this weekend in the Hammer. Any chance of a callup from Cinci or is that it?

The last darn game will be against the Marlies and we'll be putting a Jr B type squad on the ice with all those damn Toronto fans attending-the Horror-the Horror!

It would be nice to see more come over.....Lammy was here for a while but he hasn't posted lately.....are there any other forums apart from the AHL one where DogForumers :P have gone?

I thought the Blogs idea was a good one but I think it could have worked hand in hand with the forum, it would have been nice to carry on a dialogue with Derek or Al or Baines or other 'insiders' but the posts were few and far between and the backlash from the forum didn't help. I guess this year is a write off but hopefully we will a revived forum of some kind next year.....I think it needs to be limited to Dogs chat on and off the ice and stay away from outside issues......it was freer than this forum here but that wasn't always good......I guess it is hard to get moderation and Derek ended up doing most of it.......if one or two people had been banned or suspended it might have helped.......

I'll be at the last four.......hopefully we overachieve pr at least keep it close.......losing to the Marlies would be the final nail in the coffin......a win would at least be hope for next year!!!!

FREDDYBEACH HAB asked whether 5'6 " Desharnais should be signed.

He is under contract to Hamilton and is currently ripping it up in the ECHL with Cincinatti.

Here is an NHL.com article 11 March 2008:

Desharnais packs a complete game in small package

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=356533

Here's the article since yours seemed to get cut up by the forums.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=35653...mp;service=page

I'd really like to get the chance to see him play in Hamilton next season.

Archived